Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VII: You Inglourious Little Basterds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't there a thread for Virtuality, the pilot-turned-TV movie (that may still become a show) from RONALD D. MOORE of Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek fame?

Is it not politically insightful enough?

I'm glad it struck a nerve with you guys. It's the least I could do for a man of such caliber.

Why isn't there a thread for Virtuality, the pilot-turned-TV movie (that may still become a show) from RONALD D. MOORE of Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek fame?

Is it not politically insightful enough?

CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE GRIEVING?

I just finished watching The Room for the first full time. Unreal. That party scene is up there with the classics.

I just finished watching The Room for the first full time. Unreal. That party scene is up there with the classics.

You invited all my friends! Good thinking!

I watched it for the fourth time in the past seven days this afternoon, this time with my perennial object of affection, a Room virgin. She loved it and is now down for the screening at the Alamo in a few weeks. We'll see if it actually happens.

Either way, I'm glad I got to spend some time with her, even if I'm still kind of a shell of myself after all this Goldblum business.

PEACH PIE!

You invited all my friends! Good thinking!

I watched it for the fourth time in the past seven days this afternoon, this time with my perennial object of affection, a Room virgin. She loved it and is now down for the screening at the Alamo in a few weeks. We'll see if it actually happens.

Either way, I'm glad I got to spend some time with her, even if I'm still kind of a shell of myself after all this Goldblum business.

PEACH PIE!

The Blum would have loved The Room. He loved a good pillow fight.

Not sure about that font, but I am sure of one thing:

jaquette.jpg

blog_thomeraser.jpg

Who is this doppelganger on Colbert? I think the Blum now has his own personal William Shears Campbell.

I remember listening to the Mark Whitacre story on This American Life.

It is a true story, if it were not people would say something like that would never happen in real life.

So, it seems like Public Enemies is receiving a none-too-dissimilar reaction from what Miami Vice first received. While generally it's getting a better response, many of the complaints mirror those of Mann's last film: slow often muddled plot, shaky line-writing, flat performances, etc.

To which I'm not particularly alarmed, being a massive fan of Miami Vice, a film whose strengths are entirely removed from the areas people are quick find fault. I'm getting the feeling PE will be a similar kind of work. Which I'll find out myself tomorrow afternoon. So we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom