Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VII: You Inglourious Little Basterds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You catch Judge's new show? It's one of the worst things I've ever seen. And that's coming from a fan.

Yeah, I've watched a few eps but it's pretty bad.

Speaking of Mike Judge, I've recently come across a fan-made Beavis and Butt-head box set. It's 18 discs of pretty much everything B&B, all episodes, pilots, promo spots, and Mike Judge appearances and other bonus material. Uncut, unlike a lot of the "official" releases with the video commentary removed. It, like, doesn't suck.

Small price to pay for all the joy he brought to my life.

Does the guy even know that people go to see his film because it's godawful? I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank but still. I'd honestly rather not have a success than be ridiculed to achieve one.

Does the guy even know that people go to see his film because it's godawful?

Maybe now, which is why he's trying to play it off as a black comedy. I think he's trying to save face. But having not seen it, you don't how how heartbreakingly earnest it is. It's as serious a pet project I've ever seen. And it's wonderful for it.

Just because I can:

33z3afq.jpg

I thought he was pretty fair towards Watchmen. He said he didn't want to sit through it again but he seemed to give it some credit.

Of course, he's a jerk. But considering the gallery of assholes who populate his comments section, it's not hard to see why.

He ran nothing but negative reviews from other journalists until his actual review, which I thought was pretty even-handed.

DZ!

You're an asshole.

Especially the drug use and terminal illness subplots, mentioned once each and forgotten.

"I got the results of the test back. I definitely have breast cancer."

I love how he insists it's a black comedy, but in that interview (which you can tell is the first one that actually gets into the film beyond its cult status: he keeps complimenting the interviewer on asking good questions because it's obvious no one ever actually asked him about his film) he talks about how they touch on all these important issues, and everything he says about it is quite serious, in depth. It might be funnier for someone to read that interview and then go watch the film as opposed to just see it with no introduction.

I love how he insists it's a black comedy, but in that interview (which you can tell is the first one that actually gets into the film beyond its cult status: he keeps complimenting the interviewer on asking good questions because it's obvious no one ever actually asked him about his film) he talks about how they touch on all these important issues, and everything he says about it is quite serious, in depth. It might be funnier for someone to read that interview and then go watch the film as opposed to just see it with no introduction.

The broken English in the transcript is hilarious, as is imagining him doing his little laugh or chicken impression after every answer.

I woke up this morning and realized that it has really sunk in. He's gone, gang. He's gone forever.

The Blum
October 22, 1952 - June 25, 2009

And some of us are still clearly in denial, but I suppose it is the first stage of grief:

There is NO truth to the rumors that either Jeff Goldblum or Harrison Ford are deceased.

I sprang The Room on several Wiseau virgins tonight, all but one of which want to go to tomorrow night's midnight showing at the Alamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom