Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VI: Return of Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You asked for it.

boat.jpg

If they spontaneously break out into choreographed dance any time something good happens in India, GET ME A FUCKING PLANE TICKET.

I'm kind of glad I watched it again, just to see Freida Pinto. Jai Whoa!

If they spontaneously break out into choreographed dance any time something good happens in India, GET ME A FUCKING PLANE TICKET.

I'm kind of glad I watched it again, just to see Freida Pinto. Jai Whoa!

Like when those child actors get paid? HIGH JAI HO!

It truly is a fantastic movie though... one of the most entertaining things I've seen in a theater in quite some time. Plus, I love seeing a guy like Danny Boyle getting some credit, even if it comes at the expense of Chris Nolan and David Fincher.

I'm not looking for the TV talk thread to say this, so...

Season 1 of 24 was really fucking dumb. :down:

Any recommendations for a good survival horror type film, please?

Recent or otherwise, subtitled or not, doesn't matter. Also doesn't have to be of the calibre of something like The Thing or Alien or Dawn of the Dead, but I'm not so keen on Hollywood hashes like I Am Legend. Then again I loved 30 Days of Night which a lot of people had good reasons for tearing apart (can't recall them right now), so I guess I'm just not sure...

Any ideas?

The Descent was interesting up until it morphed into an estrogen-fueled-Predator-rehash.

Inglourious Basterds trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

Eh?

Not entirely sure what to feel about this. Trailer doesn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe because it focuses to narrowly on Brad Pitt, and maybe because of that awful generic music.

Though I did read a bit of the script, which was all sorts of 21st-century-QT-awesomeness. And hell, I even really liked Death Proof, so I'm sure I'll love this one too.

Any recommendations for a good survival horror type film, please?

Recent or otherwise, subtitled or not, doesn't matter. Also doesn't have to be of the calibre of something like The Thing or Alien or Dawn of the Dead, but I'm not so keen on Hollywood hashes like I Am Legend. Then again I loved 30 Days of Night which a lot of people had good reasons for tearing apart (can't recall them right now), so I guess I'm just not sure...

Any ideas?

28 Days Later... is pretty essential if you haven't seen it already.

Inglourious Basterds trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

Eh?

Not entirely sure what to feel about this. Trailer doesn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe because it focuses to narrowly on Brad Pitt, and maybe because of that awful generic music.

Though I did read a bit of the script, which was all sorts of 21st-century-QT-awesomeness. And hell, I even really liked Death Proof, so I'm sure I'll love this one too.

I felt the same way about the trailer, but haven't read the script. I'm still excited though.

What a fucking fantastic song.

I think every QT trailer has been awesome apart from this recent Inglourious Basterds one.

Pulp's is easily the best, but the Jackie Brown one is also pretty well-done.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I rarely get around to watching a lot of movies so heaps of good stuff passes me by..

The Descent I must watch now because the name keeps popping up, in a good way. 28 Days Later I've seen and loved, that's exactly the kind of movie that I'm after. :) The sequel was good also, though it had lost a little something (as they do)..

I've loved pretty much everything Tarantino's done so, yeah, I'm really looking forward to Inglourious Basterds (WTF is up with the double misspelled title by the way?). From the trailer it looks like the movie will probably be filled with some really great dark humor, which is good. And we know Pitt can deliver it. There's just one thing that bugs me about the movie and that is Eli Roth. I hope his character isn't too prominent. I really hate that guy. Something about him bugs the crap outta me. Oh well.

Christopher Nolan's Next Film Is... -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

"A contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind?" Sounds awesome, yet again.

If he can collect an even better ensemble cast than he had for The Prestige or TDK, I'll be on Cloud 9.

AND the Wachowskis might do a Superman trilogy? Brad Bird is still my top pick, but that's hella cool. The first and only name that should be on the Clark Kent/Supes list is Jon Hamm. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Christopher Nolan's Next Film Is... -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

"A contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind?" Sounds awesome, yet again.

If he can collect an even better ensemble cast than he had for The Prestige or TDK, I'll be on Cloud 9.

AND the Wachowskis might do a Superman trilogy? Brad Bird is still my top pick, but that's hella cool. The first and only name that should be on the Clark Kent/Supes list is Jon Hamm. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I would love to see Superman fingerbang some lounge slut.

Mila Kunis makes me want to do horrible, deplorable, illegal-in-some-states things.

Back
Top Bottom