Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VI: Return of Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's Tom Cruise's Nazi Movie like?

It was ok. I won't be seeing it again, but I kinda enjoyed it while I was there. I took my younger brother cause I thought there'd be more action, but he actually still ended up enjoying it, for what it's worth.

Oh hell yeah. What other Cronenberg have you seen? Because I highly recommend checking out eXistenZ while that film is fresh in your mind. They're really companion pieces, even if they're 15 years apart.

Laz, eXistenZ was fantastic... certainly one of the more original sci-fi/thrillers I've seen in a while.

The structure to this and Videodrome are fairly similar, but I found this one to be more concerned with the plot and relationship between Law and Leigh than Woods's descent into madness. The desensitization to violence and the social implications of television and video games (take your pick) was depicted strongly in both, so that's cool.

Dug it, but not as much as Videodrome.

Che, Traffic, and Mulholland Drive are up next.

YOU PASS, with flying colors.

Yeah, Videodrome is hard to top. But it's so great how this just plugs right into it (pun intended) thematically.

Killer ending, too.

"We're still in the game, right?"

YOU PASS, with flying colors.

Yeah, Videodrome is hard to top. But it's so great how this just plugs right into it (pun intended) thematically.

Killer ending, too.

"We're still in the game, right?"

The last 15 minutes were fucking killer.

Indeed.

Laz, eXistenZ was fantastic... certainly one of the more original sci-fi/thrillers I've seen in a while.

The structure to this and Videodrome are fairly similar, but I found this one to be more concerned with the plot and relationship between Law and Leigh than Woods's descent into madness. The desensitization to violence and the social implications of television and video games (take your pick) was depicted strongly in both, so that's cool.

Dug it, but not as much as Videodrome.

Che, Traffic, and Mulholland Drive are up next.

Awesome. You should have some interesting times with Cronenberg and all the others in the list you posted recently. Can't believe you haven't seen Out Of Sight yet though! One of the most entertaining films of the 90s, no question.

Also, how did you get on with The King of Comedy? That's one of my favourite Scorsese's.

Awesome. You should have some interesting times with Cronenberg and all the others in the list you posted recently. Can't believe you haven't seen Out Of Sight yet though! One of the most entertaining films of the 90s, no question.

Also, how did you get on with The King of Comedy? That's one of my favourite Scorsese's.

Yeah, I can't believe it either. I was originally going to watch it back-to-back with Jackie Brown, but that never happened.

I loved King of Comedy. Like Videodrome and eXistenZ, I felt it was a follow-up to Taxi Driver, but with the more absurdist comedic approach found in After Hours. My favorite scenes were when DeNiro was in the waiting room... great stuff.

I thought that film made most women run screaming for the exit.

deadringers_shot9l1.jpg

"They're mutants .... mutants!"

That movie was so disturbing in a really great way. Jeremy Irons should have gotten the Oscar for that one.

Do any of you little shits love The Rutles as much as I do?

C-H-E-E-S-E-A-N-D-O-N-I-O-N-S OH NO

Maybe.

I'm woefully unfamiliar with his work as well. Though I think at least Perfume is available on the Xbox Live Marketplace, so I may watch that this weekend.

Franka Potente is pretty awesome, I must admit.

And Heaven had interested me greatly as a Kieslowski screenplay.

For whatever it's worth, Cloud Atlas is an amazing book. Will be fascinating to see it adapted for film, as there's such a diverse array of stories going on within the novel.

No one watched that Paul Blart: Nazi video? Man, it's gold.

"You signed up to join the SS in 1943..."
"Safety never takes a holiday."

:)

No one watched that Paul Blart: Nazi video? Man, it's gold.

"You signed up to join the SS in 1943..."
"Safety never takes a holiday."

:)

I liked it. Just not enough to fawn over it. I'll give it one of these as a consolation prize:

smielephantin7.gif

Does anyone know what the hell ever happened to the Ender's Game movie that was supposedly being made for the last 10 years? Is it still in production, or completely dead?

Excuse the interruption, but I'm posting this in here to hopefully get more participants for the Interference Movie Awards.

Please PM me with your Top 5 choices in each of the following categories, #1 being your favorite, etc.:

BEST PICTURE
BEST DIRECTOR
BEST LEAD ACTOR
BEST LEAD ACTRESS
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
BEST FOREIGN (NON-ENGLISH) FILM

If you can't get to 5 in some of them, list whatever you can!

Once we have the nominees we'll have polls everyone can vote on.

I've been waiting for news on that project for a while now.

I don't think said news could possibly be any more satisfying.

Actually, no. I know it couldn't, unless he somehow managed to bring Brando back from the realm of the dead or something.

Back
Top Bottom