Interference Random Movie Talk Episode IX: Fievel Goes Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to that album in my downtime between classes. I kind of wish I hadn't.

Bought Solaris today.

LOVE IT.

Speaking of, I watched the original again for the first time in years recently.
What a classic. The regeneration scene (is that what we would call it?) was stunning...especially for 1972.

Certainly among the best science fiction films of that era. Actually, I'd probably rank it above just about anything not named '2001' or 'Planet of the Apes'.

Of course, I'd have to be bothered to go look at a list, but I'm sure it's in my top 5 sci-fi films from that era.

LOVE IT.

Speaking of, I watched the original again for the first time in years recently.
What a classic. The regeneration scene (is that what we would call it?) was stunning...especially for 1972.

Certainly among the best science fiction films of that era. Actually, I'd probably rank it above just about anything not named '2001' or 'Planet of the Apes'.

Of course, I'd have to be bothered to go look at a list, but I'm sure it's in my top 5 sci-fi films from that era.

I have a major soft spot for The Time Machine, but it's not as sci-fi as those two, I guess.

Can't wait to watch more from THE BERGH!

I own the original.

Have not yet seen it yet. Cos I suck ass.

Wait!!! It's a Criterion title, so, I own two criterion!!!

TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh, what a big man you are!

Top 3 THE BERGH! films for the record:

1. Che
2. The Girlfriend Experience
3. Solaris

Lance just said the magic word.

Originally dreamt up by Laz
NSW: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I'm pretty tight with money. But what I do have are a very magical set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long study of Kabbalah . Skills that make me a nightmare for non-Jews like you. If you give me my douchebag seat tickets now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not sue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will circumcise you.

Short and sweet, but it's hard to stack it up against the opus that is 'Bangs of New York.'

I was given tickets to a screening of Whip It tonight, where afterwards, Drew Barrymore would be giving a Q&A along with a meet and greet. Unfortunately, the professor who gave a few of us the tickets, then ran class over, and by the time I got to Dallas the seats were full. I was given two more free tickets from the venue to go see the movie on the 1st, but it's in Plano, and it's not worth the price of gas, so anyways, that's my non-story.

Short and sweet, but it's hard to stack it up against the opus that is 'Bangs of New York.'

You think Lance's Mom ever made a similar speech at her son's bedside?

"I'm forty-seven. Forty-seven years old. You know how I stayed in business this long, all these years? Lust. The spectacle of lustful acts. If someone pays me $5, I use my hand. If he spends more, I use my tongue. If he rises against me, I cut off his johnson, stick it on a pike, raise it high up so all the other streetwalkers can see. That's what preserves the whoredom of things. Lust.

That one tonight--who was he? A nobody, a coward. What an ignominious end that would have been. I drilled the last honorable man fifteen years ago; since then...you see his portrait downstairs? Is our mouth all glued up with Juicy-Juice? I asked you a question.

Oh, you got a perverted rage in you, I like that. It's puberty, boiling up inside you, it's good. The pimp and me, we lived by the same principles. It was only scat that divided us. He gave me this, you know. That was the finest reaming I ever took. My ass was pulp. My nose was pierced, my lips all mashed up..and when he came to finish on me...they couldn't look him in the eye. He spared me because he wanted me to live in shame--this was a great man. Great man. So I cut off the nipple that turned away. Sent it to him wrapped in newspaper. I would have cut 'em both off if I could have worked blind. And I rose back up again with a full brothel, and buried him in his own powerjuice.

He was the only man I drilled worth remembering.

I never had another son.

Prostitution is crumbling.

God bless you."

--from Bangs Of New York, 2002.

Just because it hasn't been re-posted in a while.

/HISTORIAN

Alright the drugs are kicking in, I completely read "Plano" as "Dano". To bed with me.

Pass the peace pipe, man.

I've never been, myself, but I have to think that a $7 ticket to an advance screening is not worth going there.

It sucks. It's just big and... blah. Plenty of friends from there, but I can't stand it. Won Revenge of the Sith advance screening tickets at some Plano theater from 102.1 in 2005, and it really wasn't worth the drive from south Agg, much less Funky Town.

Damn, check out Harvey Dent on Conan. Looks ridiculously different with the short hair.

In related news, is there a worse movie title than Love Happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom