Interference Random Movie Talk & Robin: The Thrilling Fourth Installment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait until I actually see a decent amount of films and can jump in with comments on this ... er, witty banter.

When I ignore someone, I ignore them. I don't quote or reply to any of his posts. Ever. I'm done.

I also think the original Spiderman is better than the second and the third. Discuss.

You likey the Power Rangers villains?

green-goblin01.jpg

Get ready for some multi-quote action, fellas.

I will not argue about the music, it was great.

The childhood part resonates with me, makes sense. I look at films like Flash Gordon the same way.

Forever was a childhood thing for me, too, but it really, really fucking sucks. If I want camp, I'll go for the '60s Batman. Forever is essentially a giant FU to anyone who likes the series or even Burton's films and a giant toy commercial.

1. Sin City (don't miss Ms. Bledel in the second act! :drool: :drool:)
2. V for Vendetta (Don't miss a bald, British Ms. Portman :drool:)
2. Batman (Burton)
3. X-Men
4. X-Men 2
5. Batman Returns
6. Hellboy
7. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
8. Batman Forever
9. Spiderman
10. Ghost World/Dick Tracy???

I really need to see Ghost World. Great to see Phantasm up there... I need to dig out the clamshell VHS and re-watch it. The first X-Men is cool, but I'm pulling a Lance and saying the action scenes are shit.

I bring you 10 reasons why Terminator Salvation might not completely crap on my soul

1. Bruce Wayne is John Connor

2. Uncle Jim Cameron supposedly gave the film his blessing (whatever that means)

3. Fresh Stan Winston creature designs

4. Jonathan Nolan provided major contributions to the script

5. Children of Men cited as a huge influence on this film's design

6. Production designer who worked on Cameron's own Ghosts of the Abyss, Titanic, and upcoming Battle Angel

7. Bryce Dallas Howard as John Connor's (presumedly) sexy wife lady

8. R rating highly possible/probable

9. Sam Worthington cast as rebel fighter (yeah, it's only here because of his Avatar connection, get over it)

10. New footage at Comic-Con making good impressions

I thought Helena Bonham Carter is Conner's chick in this one... but I may be wrong. Again, there are a lot of good things surrounding this project, but in the end, it's directed by McG. NSW's post said it best. I'm just happy it's not The Ratner.

Ghost World was fantastic....interesting how Birch was the main female character, but it's Scarlett whose career has taken off.

I don't remember Dick Tracy all that well...remember Hoffman as mumbles, Pacino starting down the overacting path.....primary colors only, and Madonna.

I loved Iron Man and will be interested to see how I respond upon viewing it a 2nd time.....

Pacino got an Oscar nom for that. Seriously.

Iron Man was fun as a whole, but I don't particularly remember anything from it. I'd be interested in a second viewing, too.

I wouldn't even see this film if YLB let me borrow special lady friend for the night.

I'll make you and GAF fight in the Thunderdome to not go out with her.

:lol:

Willem Dafoe cracks me up in that. The best is when Harry comes home and Dafoe's just sitting up in his bedroom laughing maniacally for absolutely no reason.

You need to see The Life Aquatic now.

I'm going to ask College Girl if I can borrow some Anderson films (if she has any). She's a fan of his.

Better yet, I hope we can view it together.

Definitely. The Lady Friend enjoyed watching The Life Aquatic together. Dafoe was a huge factor in this.

Well, the camera work was decent, and I liked your structure, but the rhythm was all wrong.

I'll never get to see Roeper and Ebert's replacement say that again. :(

For Laz and Lance's reference, College Girl is my version of the Lady Friend, only we're not officially a couple. So, there you go.

You should get the Danimal signal, and maybe you can have nightly rendezvous.

Well done, LM. I especially enjoy the fact that you made it the Philadelphia skyline.

It's a shame I don't eat much yogurt.

Danimals yogurt is fucking water with pieces of fruit in it sometimes. Avoid it like the plague.

I'm too lazy to multi-quote, and since NSW keeps telling me I'm offensive and a jerk, I'm not going to pull any punches on this post and teach you all a lesson you won't soon forget.

As you probably all know, I too love Kilmer in a massive way. That said, Batman Forever is barely one step above Batman and Robin. In other words, it's a complete abortion and straight up one of the worst comic translations ever, one of the worst sequels ever, and some of the crappiest acting nearly all of the actors in the film have ever done. Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carey, and O'Donnel couldn't have raped their roles harder if they'd tried. I'm fine with the whole "childhood" thing, but this movie is terrible in every way, and you sucked at being children if you liked this film. Your childhood movie (Forever) took a dump on the series of my childhood movie/s (the Burton films). Schumaker is worse than Hitler.

For what a bunch of dorks you all are, I'm surprised to see how crappy most of the comic movies lists are.

Life Aquatic is awesome, and William Dafoe is awesome. In retrospect, he's probably my favorite character in Boondock Saints.

If Bale's in a movie, it will be good. I'll mock all of you majorly when you all end up going to Terminator Salvation. Stop trying to act like elitists, you're all uberdork losers who post on a forum for the most ultra mainstream band in the history of man kind all day long. You're the worst of the worst, and also worse than Hitler.

I'm too lazy to multi-quote, and since NSW keeps telling me I'm offensive and a jerk, I'm not going to pull any punches on this post and teach you all a lesson you won't soon forget.

As you probably all know, I too love Kilmer in a massive way. That said, Batman Forever is barely one step above Batman and Robin. In other words, it's a complete abortion and straight up one of the worst comic translations ever, one of the worst sequels ever, and some of the crappiest acting nearly all of the actors in the film have ever done. Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carey, and O'Donnel couldn't have raped their roles harder if they'd tried. I'm fine with the whole "childhood" thing, but this movie is terrible in every way, and you sucked at being children if you liked this film. Your childhood movie (Forever) took a dump on the series of my childhood movie/s (the Burton films). Schumaker is worse than Hitler.

For what a bunch of dorks you all are, I'm surprised to see how crappy most of the comic movies lists are.

Life Aquatic is awesome, and William Dafoe is awesome. In retrospect, he's probably my favorite character in Boondock Saints.

If Bale's in a movie, it will be good. I'll mock all of you majorly when you all end up going to Terminator Salvation. Stop trying to act like elitists, you're all uberdork losers who post on a forum for the most ultra mainstream band in the history of man kind all day long. You're the worst of the worst, and also worse than Hitler.

So.......are we worse than Schumacher?

For the record, I did have a post in the last random movie thread that said:

"If Bale's in, then I'm in".....and if memory serves, a certain offensive jerk quoted it.

He quoted it FOR TRUTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom