Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Since this is what almost every thread eventually turns into anyway, here's an excuse not to worry about going off topic, because there is no topic. Just keep the bullshit flowing, with whatever's on your mind, whatever we just want to talk about.

I'll get discussion going:

Napoleon Dynamite in on Comedy Central right now. I still can't believe how mediocre this is given its adoring fanbase. Discuss.

It is sad that ND gave Jon Heder - who so far appears to be devoid of any discernable acting talent - a career.

Lancemc said:
Wow. I was just thinking that exact same thing.

Wes Anderson FTW.

It's pure Wes Anderson, except the dialogue is some of the dumbest shit ever. The Kip-LaFawnda storyline and anything involving Uncle Rico are pretty funny though.

Lancemc said:
Perfect for him to appear in Will Farrel movies then, no?

Blades of Glory was a piece of shit anyway, save for Jenna Fischer, Will Arnett, and Amy Poehler and I'm a huge Ferrell fan.

Lancemc said:
Perfect for him to appear in Will Farrel movies then, no?

There's a big difference between Heder and Ferrell. Ferrell is hilarious, and is currently the last great screwball comedic actor to come out of SNL. Heder is not.

It's true, but Ferrel has failed to do anything original in his last 3 or 4 films.

Lancemc said:
It's true, but Ferrel has failed to do anything original in his last 3 or 4 films.

He hit a dry spell in 2005, but Elf, Old School, Anchorman, and Stranger Than Fiction are all pretty solid for me.

Check out Melinda and Melinda, he's good in that and it's a Woody Allen flick.

I think Ferrell works better when he's part of an ensemble of screwball actors than when he's the star screwball actor, Anchorman being the exception.

Look at Old School. And his cameo in Wedding Crashers was classic.

Haven't seen Melinda and Medlina, but all those other films were all decent, but almost all the same exact Ferrel character in each one.

But anyway, how do you guys feel about Shoot 'Em Up? Anything with Clive Owen is badass, but Giamatti as the bad guy really bugs me for some reason.

Anyway, let's put it into perspective: Heder is fucking Brando compared to Jimmy Fallon. Fallon is one of my top 10 worst actors in the history of cinemas.

Lancemc said:
Haven't seen Melinda and Medlina, but all those other films were all decent, but almost all the same exact Ferrel character in each one.

But anyway, how do you guys feel about Shoot 'Em Up? Anything with Clive Owen is badass, but Giamatti as the bad guy really bugs me for some reason.

I think Ferrell's characters in all 4 of the movies I mentioned are different, but that's just me.

Shoot 'Em Up is going to own all types of ass, I hear Beav has a cameo as a the guy who bangs Monica Belluci.

And Jimmy Fallon's terrible, he's going to take over Late Night when Conan leaves for The Tonight Show. :|

Ok.

That reminds me....I saw Bourne Ultimatum yesterday(great, great film, far better than Supremacy), and one of the previews was for 'We Own The Night'. That piqued my interest. Mostly because of Joaquin Phoenix. I need to make a thread about him. Living in the shadow of his dead brother, he will go down as one of the most criminally underrated actors of his generation.

I'm really looking forward to We Own The Night.

Marky Mark, Joaquin Phoenix and the director of Walk The Line. The trailer was fantastic.

Also, I'm only seeing Balls of Fury because of the guy from Reno 911. I fucking love him.

Lancemc said:
Also, I'm only seeing Balls of Fury because of the guy from Reno 911. I fucking love him.

Plus it's got Lo Pan, Terry Crews (the ridiculously built black guy), and Walken.

Written/directed by Reno 911! guys, too. Sounds like a win.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I think Ferrell's characters in all 4 of the movies I mentioned are different, but that's just me.

Shoot 'Em Up is going to own all types of ass, I hear Beav has a cameo as a the guy who bangs Monica Belluci.

And Jimmy Fallon's terrible, he's going to take over Late Night when Conan leaves for The Tonight Show. :|

monica.jpg

Clive Owen is my favorite current actor, so I am hoping Shoot Em Up will be good...but, the trailer didn't do much for me, so, I'm lowering my expectations.

Have you guys seen Croupier with Owen? If not, do so.

I shall check it out, good sir.

My first Clive Owen experience was with Children of Men, maybe one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Lancemc said:
Napoleon Dynamite in on Comedy Central right now. I still can't believe how mediocre this is given its adoring fanbase. Discuss.

God, yes. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd watched it with someone else, but I did not find it funny. At all.

And the weird thing about it? It's funnier in my memory than it was when I watched it.

I have no idea what We Own the Night is supposed to be about, but based on the cast, I'm already interested in it.

I've seen a few trailers for American Gangster, which looks really good.

Today I saw a trailer for The Solomon Brothers, with Will Forte and Will Arnett, and while it will probably end up being completely dumb, the trailer made it look promising.

Bros. Solomon probably will be dumb, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

The Brothers Solomon looks dumb, but I love nearly everyone involved.

Halo Movie News:

http://www.xboxfamily.com/news stories/halo_movie.htm

HALO: The Movie is already filming (Release Summer 08)

Peter Jackson and 20 Century FOX told us all HALO was postponed sue to a lack of interest. No one believed that, but then the movie and all information about it disappeared from everyone's radar. HALO fans, as well as Peter Jackson fans felt let down and couldn't figure out how this project didn't make it.

Flash to E3 2007 where viewers and guests were treated to a trailer showing props that required a lot of work. We were then told it was just a promotional clip for Halo 3. No one asked why there was a LIVE ACTION clip to promote the game? Well XF did. Shortly after E3, images of full size Warthogs started popping up on the net. The public still didn't put 2 and 2 together. Now I know some of you did, but wanted proof to back up your theories.

Put your theories to rest. The movie is already in production. Those Warthogs are from the movie. D.B. Weiss (Lucky Wander Boy) handled the final script with Neill Blomkamp handling directing responsibilities. There really is a reason they came out of New Zealand. Think about it. Halo ... grassy rolling hills ... Peter Jackson? All we've learned so far is that the movie is set for release the Summer of 2008 and is planned to be heavily marketed. Again, this is confirmed. So sit back an relax Halo fans. Your movie is less than a year from being in theaters.

Images of the movie props, that are now confirmed from Halo: The Movie

XF_Warthog_Halo_movie.jpg

I no longer know what to believe....:(

You should believe that they shouldn't make movies out of video games.

You should strongly believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom