Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to contradict you there Laz, but I don't really see the big deal with spoilers, especially in this case. I can't say watching that would ruin anything, per say. It's not like going into the film you expect an outcome any different than the one that occurs anyway, or that the reveal of why Harmonica is hunting Frank is unexpected or that the circumstances really have any bearing on the film.

It's one of the many cases of the how being infinitely more important than the why. In fact the only time I really think spoilers should be warned is in a mystery, or some type of film where the actual unveiling of plot points drives the films purpose.

lazarus said:
You should reiterate the spoiler warning that's on You Tube, NSW. If you haven't seen Once Upon a Time in the West, you probably don't want to click on that link as it HEAVILY spoils the end of the film.

As it's one of my all-time favorites, I'd hate to see it ruined for anyone.

You're right, it could not have hurt to place a spoiler warning there. I guess I assume most people in this thread have either seen it, and if not, likely will not....but, still, I should have placed it there.

But, that aside, I thought the music fit the images fairly decently.

BTW, Target has been selling the DVD of OUATITW for a while now for under $10. It's a nice special edition spread out over 2 discs with a great commentary (a few different guys including JOHN CARPENTER) and some documentaries.

One of the best film purchases you could ever make.

And Lance, while I agree in part with your reasoning, I would never prefer to be spoiled going into something. As for degrees of spoil, I guess it's different with each film and each person.

What's funny is that I pretty much knew EVERYTHING that happened in Revenge of the Sith before I saw it, and while I loved it anyway, I wish I would have gone in cold. It's not like anything was ruined--you knew everyone had to die (except apparently Jar Jar, who would have been a cooler figure had he sacrificed himself for Padme or the twins), but I wish I wouldn't have known in advance how every single piece fit into place.

I managed to get a hold of the soundtrack to Phantom Menace before it was released. I took a look at the song titles, and, wouldn't you know it, but the 2nd to last song was "Quai-Gon's funeral dirge". Like, I would have bet that Quai-Gon died and all, but still, fuck.

Lazarus, for the first time, you have disappointed me. It happened in another thread.

Nah, I still agree with you Laz.

Of course I'd prefer not to know the plot, but I think people make WAY too big a deal over spoilers, because really, they typically don't affect the experience one way or the other as much as people think.

Lancemc said:
Nah, I still agree with you Laz.

Of course I'd prefer not to know the plot, but I think people make WAY too big a deal over spoilers, because really, they typically don't affect the experience one way or the other as much as people think.

Right, Keyser Soze.

Stupid movie to begin with. I purposefully spoil that for people, just so they don't waste their time.

j/k

no i'm not.

The best spoiler joke ever was when Triumph the Insult Comic Dog was talking to nerds in line for Episode II.

Triumph: So you guys know what's going to happen in the movie?
Nerd: We don't... we don't talk about spoilers.
Triumph: You don't like spoilers? Here's a spoiler for you: you will die alone.

Reading over that, it's a terrible thing to say, but coming from a dog puppet, it's near Shakespearean, almost BSG-esque.

I don't know if it was for Episode II or not, but I remember Triumph going off, and the segment lasted much longer than your typical taped segment for a late night talk show...and at one point, a dude dressed as Spock came over and gave all the Star Wars fans the finger. It was priceless.

The best thing was the LOTR nerd though, oh man.

LOTR Nerd: I am blahblahblah, the Dragon Master, and don't you forget it!
Triumph: And don't you forget to finish your fillet of fish. Burger King, where all Dragon Masters eat.

Have you ever talked to a woman without having to give her your credit card number? :lol:

YLB, you can change avatars all you like, but nothing will top the Warren Moon/Ackbar avatar. Nothing will top that point in the Space Moon thread, either.

No spoken words said:
YLB, you can change avatars all you like, but nothing will top the Warren Moon/Ackbar avatar. Nothing will top that point in the Space Moon thread, either.

I'll bring that shit out when Space Moon starts again.

I think my favorite Triumph moment was when he insulted Bon Jovi at some benefit show, but I can't remember exactly what he said. Something about sucking really bad, probably.

I highly suggest getting the Best of Triumph DVD if you like any of the bits. It only goes to '03, so the amazing MJ trial vid isn't on there.

lazarus said:
I think my favorite Triumph moment was when he insulted Bon Jovi at some benefit show, but I can't remember exactly what he said. Something about sucking really bad, probably.

It was approx. a full 10 minute clip, and it was the most hilarious thing ever. I'm, sure the whole thing is online somewhere, it's got to be. I remember sending the link to everyone I knew at the time. And I thought I had downloaded it, but nooooooooooooo....

I think it's here. Prepare to LYFAO! :lmao:

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/4719/detail/

God I hate Bon Jovi, and love seeing them exposed for the lowest common denominator tools that they are.

When he opens the CD booklet and there's a dog turd on top of the lyrics I totally spit out my drink I was laughing so hard.

My favorite line: "So, you're in a vampire movie? Finally, a role which REQUIRES you to suck!" Fucking brilliant.

"They haven't closed with Turd since 1989!"

"People have come from as far away as Exit 12 to see this show!"

"Their career is colder than an Iditarod huskie's nutsack."

I'm going to refrain from making any remarks about New Jersey, but it's hard after watching those crowd scenes. It's hard to imagine Bruce is from the same stock.

I like to think of Jon Bon Jovi as the smelly afterbirth that was an unfortunate result of Jersey's birth of The Boss.

Lancemc said:
I like to think of Jon Bon Jovi as the smelly afterbirth that was an unfortunate result of Jersey's birth of The Boss.

Afterbirth doesn't have that kind of shelf life. It actually drifted across the bay and became Billy Joel.

I always feel like I have no clue when movies I'm excited about are being released. So finally gaining a lick of sense, I Googled for a site of movie release dates.

Here's what I'm excited (or at least more than just "mildly interested") to see* between now and the end of the year

(would still like to see The Assassination of Jesse James...)

10/19 - Gone Baby Gone (I love Dennis Lehane's books, and this flick seems to have good buzz around it)

11/2 - American Gangster (I'm not a huge Denzel fan, but the previews got me all excited)

11/9 - No Country For Old Men (haven't read the book, but everything I've heard so far makes it sound like a "must see")

11/21 - I'm Not There (this one looks awfully interested, but early reviews make it sound like it may be just awful)

12/7 - Atonement (I may waver on this one; I'd like to read the book first, and while the trailers look swoon-worthy, it might be a snooze to sit through)

12/7 - The Golden Compass (never read the books, but this might be my big popcorn flick of the holiday season)

12/14 - Juno (I saw the trailer for it today, and had heard good things about it; it's a "must see" for me)

12/21 - Sweeney Todd (hells yeah! A musical for Christmas! Last year was Dreamgirls, this year it's Sweeney Todd!)

Also possibly interested in: Love In the Time of Cholera, I Am Legend

* I reserve the right to change my mind if the reviews out and out stink; I'm easily influenced

Oh yeah! I would like to see that - I must have missed it on the website I was looking at. Or maybe it wasn't a complete listing. There were a lot of flicks listed I'd never heard of.

Comingsoon.net, IMDb.com and AICN.com are the sites I visit for movie news.

Of course we shouldn't forget There Will Be Blood, also due around Christmas, and the likely future #1 of the year for many film fans, I would imagine.

I saw the trailer again in the theatre today and I haven't been this excited for a film's release since Revenge of the Sith.

The only thing that rivals my current lust for "There Will Be Blood" is Cameron's "Avatar". And since Avatar is still 588 days away, I'm all about Blood right now. :drool:

lazarus said:
Of course we shouldn't forget There Will Be Blood, also due around Christmas, and the likely future #1 of the year for many film fans, I would imagine.

I saw the trailer again in the theatre today and I haven't been this excited for a film's release since Revenge of the Sith.

That movie will probably do no wrong.

Jonny Greenwood doing the score... sweet Jesus. :xavidrool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom