Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.

I do.

But this could be the exception that proves the rule.

I'm just curious as to what happened to Alex Garland's script which recieved absolutely RAVE early reviews. Hopefully this Weiss fellow is just polishing up Garland's script.

Have you seen Blomkamp's short films? They're on youtube, and they're stellar.

This film should be good. But who the fuck knows with all these contradictory reports going on.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Shoot 'Em Up is going to own all types of ass, I hear Beav has a cameo as a the guy who bangs Monica Belluci.

:lol:

LemonMacPhisto said:

And Jimmy Fallon's terrible, he's going to take over Late Night when Conan leaves for The Tonight Show. :|

I didn't know that :|

namkcuR said:
Ok.

That reminds me....I saw Bourne Ultimatum yesterday(great, great film, far better than Supremacy), and one of the previews was for 'We Own The Night'. That piqued my interest. Mostly because of Joaquin Phoenix. I need to make a thread about him. Living in the shadow of his dead brother, he will go down as one of the most criminally underrated actors of his generation.

I thought Phoenix was great in Gladiator :drool:

Oh, and I never saw Napolean Dynamite :shrug:

Lancemc said:
Oh.

I do.

But this could be the exception that proves the rule.

I'm just curious as to what happened to Alex Garland's script which recieved absolutely RAVE early reviews. Hopefully this Weiss fellow is just polishing up Garland's script.

Have you seen Blomkamp's short films? They're on youtube, and they're stellar.

This film should be good. But who the fuck knows with all these contradictory reports going on.

The Halo games are as close to cinematic as I've seen in a video game. And Alex Garland's one of the few people I'd trust with anything sci-fi related, the entire Flood element should be fantasitc.

If it comes out in '08, great. If it comes out in '09, still great. I can go see it after Avatar blows my mind out of my skull.

Yeah, Halo has quite a remarkable crew behind it already. And hopefully it does come out in 08. Because 09 belongs to Jim.

namkcuR said:
Has there ever been a film-made-out-of-a-video-game that didn't suck?

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was actually rather good.

But I think that's the only one.

http://www.spyfilms.com/directors.asp

But here you can watch Blomkamp's shorts if you haven't seen them already. I'd reccomend watching them either way though, because they're so damn good.

"Tempbot" is particularly good, btw.

Last edited:
That's how I was with Fellowship.

If that would have been bad, I'd have been crushed. I should say, if I'd have thought it was bad, I'd have been crushed. Cos, someone will wander in here and bash that trilogy.

Only a philistine would bash LOTR!

It just so happens I am a philistine.

Well, you're a little bastard, but, I respect your opinion. I don't actually care if people bash what I like, it's usually how its couched that sometimes irks.

No spoken words said:
Well, you're a little bastard, but, I respect your opinion. I don't actually care if people bash what I like, it's usually how its couched that sometimes irks.

:hug:

I agree, when someone insults your intelligence or taste because it's different, then there's a problem.

It's been awhile since I've watched all of the LOTR movies, maybe I should watch them again soon.

Are the extended versions worth seeing? Or are they for superfans?

I think they're for superfans, but, I have to say...many of the extra scenes were cut for time, not because they were "bad". That's my opninion at least. But, if you disliked them the first time around, doubt the extra scenes will make a difference.

I never disliked the LOTR movies, they just didn't do that much for me with the exception of The Two Towers.

I've always been more of a space guy, which explains my undying love for Star Wars, Star Trek, and of course, Space Moon.

The only thing about Avatar that doesn't have me completely stoked right now is Cameron's choice to use Weta studios over ILM. Now, I believe he went with them because they currently have the most advanced performance-capture studios on the planet, but outside of that, I aint a fan.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Have Michael Biehn or Bill Paxton been confirmed to be in Avatar?

Nope, though Beihn has been in talks with Cameron about getting a role, nothing has been comfirmed.

Here's the confirmed cast thus far:

Sigourney Weaver ... Grace

Michelle Rodriguez

Zoe Saldana ... Neytiri

Joel Moore ... Norm Spellman (as Joel David Moore)

Stephen Lang ... Col. Quaritch

Wes Studi

CCH Pounder ... Moha (as C.C.H. Pounder)

Laz Alonso ... Tsu'Tey

Sam Worthington ... Jake Sully

Hmm, I only know of Weaver, Ana Lucia, Studi, and CCH Pounder. Interesting cast.

it's gotta have either Biehn or Paxton in it, it can't be a Cameron film without at least one of them.

Well, apparently the role Beihn was up for went to Lang, so unless Cameron writes him a new part it's probably not happening. But you never know.

The last shoot is some time this fall though, so I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom