Interference CD Exchange Part 2: Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
By extremely popular demand, the Interference CD Exchange will have a sequel, and it's starting now. You may be asking yourself, "Where does Pax get off saying there's going to be a new CD exchange? This is LarryMullen's_POPAngel's deal!" Well, you're right, it sort of is. But I've agreed to help coordinate this CD exchange with her, because a LOT of work was involved in the last one and this promises to be no different.

This CD exchange will work a little differently from the last one, so please read this post VERY carefully before deciding whether or not you'd like to be involved. And anyone who didn't hold up their end of the bargain in the last CD exchange will not be allowed to participate--sorry.

Here's the deal:

Have you ever wanted to discover a new kind of music? Maybe you're interested in a certain genre, like alt.country or deep trance. Maybe you'd like to learn more about music popular in a specific part of the world, like Japanese dance music or Dutch folk tunes. Maybe you're infatuated with a certain band and you'd like a sort of "Unofficial Greatest Hits" compilation, like "Greatest Hits of the White Stripes" or "Some Damn Good Songs by Johnny Cash." OR maybe you want music for a certain mood, like an awesome moping CD or a CD designed specifically for housecleaning.

AND, furthermore, maybe you're an expert in some area of music--maybe you know everything there is to know about Ryan Adams (if you're Bonochick), or you have a master's degree in Javanese gamelan songs. Etc., etc., whatever.

This Interference CD Exchange is designed to match people obsessed with certain kinds of music with other people who WANT to be obsessed with certain kinds of music. It is designed to give people who are experts in given "fields" the chance to show their stuff and create the ultimate compilation CD in that field. Matchmaker, matchmaker, we're going to make you some matches.

Here's what you have to do:

1.) Post in THIS THREAD (NOT the old CD exchange thread).
2.) In your post, state what kind of CD or CDs you would like to receive.
3.) Also state what kind of CD or CDs you would like to make and give to others.
4.) E-mail me at paxetaurora@interference.com with your name and home address. It will be shared only with the people who will be making you CDs. Also indicate whether or not you are willing to ship overseas, and if you are willing to make or receive tapes instead of CDs.
5.) The thread will stay open and stuck for two or three weeks while everyone makes their requests. Then it will be closed in order to make the necessary matches. Once matches are made, it will be reopened for comments and feedback.

DO NOT post your personal contact info. in the thread--post only what CDs you want and what CDs you will make. DO NOT ask for a specific CD, like Pete Yorn's new disc or whatever, because we don't want to appear to be facilitating copyright infringement :rolleyes:. This is for customized mix CDs only. You may only request as many CDs as you are willing to make, and you will only have to make as many CDs as you will be receiving. If we can't accommodate a specific request, you'll have the option to make one fewer CD, or make a different one.

With your cooperation and interest, we can make this new Interference CD Exchange a success. I loved making and receiving my CDs last time, and as soon as I can think of ones I'd like to get, I'll be participating in Round Two as well. Happy posting and have fun! :)

Pax (and LarryMullen's_POPAngel)

Here are some mixes I could make:

1.) I, and a few other people here that I can think of, LOVE Tori Amos. Want a Tori CD? I can do that.
2.) Same goes for Sarah McLachlan.
3.) I'm *really* good at making sexy mixes :sexywink: or sad mixes :(.

Here are some mixes I'd like to receive:

1.) I'm starting to get into alt.country (thanks partially to MirrorballGirl's CD exchange CD!) and I would love a good mix.
2.) I love Irish traditional music; you can never have too much of that.
3.) I like British trip-hop but I'd like to hear some of it by more underground artists (i.e. no Massive Attack, Portishead, etc.)

Last edited:
Cd I'd like to receive - Either: anything indie rock or something along the lines of electronic music. Possibly something punk.

Cd's I could make: indie, goth, punk, hardcore punk/rock, AFI compilation, The Cure compilation, Weezer compilation, Radiohead compilation, The Smiths compilation. Whatever is good.

Last edited:
I can also do a killer Tori mix, a chick mix, an alt country mix.

I'd love trance, Brit pop, alt country (because there's new stuff I still don't know about even though I can come up with a pretty good mix on my own), or like one of those meggie mixes of stuff I've never heard of :sexywink:

Will ship overseas.

Prefer to receive CDs but can make either.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, pax

Will be thinking of mine this weekend. :wave: Special credit goes to pax, who thought up the "theme" for this go-round! :up:

**Note: I would also like to stress once more that if you were one of the participants who did not hold up their end of the exchange the last time, you will NOT be allowed to participate in this exchange. I did all I could to accomodate the people having trouble, and still their participants did not receive their CDs. Therefore, we cannot take a chance on you again. **

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Ok, I can make: An AWESOME Radiohead mix, or a great hip hop/triphop mix, or a great SAD mix. ALso, I can do a Brit-Pop mix, or a straight Depeche Mode/Cure/Smiths & Morrisey/Duran Duran mix.

I'd like:

A great,sad, mopey, depressing cd
A great alt./indie mix
A great chill-out cd
A great hip hop cd (not mainstream though...only underground stuff.)

Will ship overseas

Prefer to make/receive cds. I don't even know where my tape deck is anymore.

Last edited:
Re: Thanks for posting this, pax

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
**Note: I would also like to stress once more that if you were one of the participants who did not hold up their end of the exchange the last time, you will NOT be allowed to participate in this exchange. I did all I could to accomodate the people having trouble, and still their participants did not receive their CDs. Therefore, we cannot take a chance on you again. **

I'd be happy to send my mix to anybody who didn't get one in the original deal.

I could make L.A. underground indie music, mostly alternative pop... underground/alternative hip hop... grunge... a little classic rock or britpop or punk... AND for those CCMers :sexywink: I've got the cool stuff creme of the crop CCM, fringe artists you might call them but cooler than SCC, DCT, AA... all sorts of CCM, alternative rock, rap, grunge, metal, hard rock, (even some decent) adult contemporary (Believe me, I've been into CCM music for more than 10 years :wink: )

What I'd like to receive are:
noise pop (a la yo la tengo, jesus and mary chain, my bloody valentine)
indie pop (dunno any)
britpop (a la blur, radiohead, stone roses, oasis)
experimental post-rock (dunno many)
proto-punk (a la velvet underground)
post-punk (a la joy division, echo&bunnymen, simple minds, u2)
underground hiphop (a la blackalicious, common, J5, BEP, de la soul, pharcyde, mos def, tribe called quest, digital underground)
please keep rock and rap on separate CD

hmmm, let's see... :hmm:

i could make:
  • duran duran (i know i've got more than headsonsticks
    lickslips.gif
    )
  • 80s (new wave, that kinda stuff)
  • some 90s stuff like cranberries, sheryl crow, etc.
  • sting/police

and loads others. i've got a ton of cds, loser me even made a list of every cd i own. i've also got tons more mp3s in the same wave.

as for anything i'd want, i'd like stuff in the same vein. i like 80s music, along the new wave/new romantic type stuff. that's how i get into most bands, by mix cds people make me, because i always discover something new where the 80s are concerned. :cool:

I can offer a Bruce Springsteen mix or a Talking Heads mix to anyone who doesn't mind receiving tapes rather than CDs.

I would love to get a Johnny Cash mix, a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds mix, or just a general indie/alternative mix (from the '80s, '90s and/or today). I will accept either CDs or tapes.

media: i can make tapes of more things than i can cds. if i have something on a cd, i can copy it to cd or tape; if i have something on tape then i can only copy it to tape. and i have both cassette and cd players so either work for me.

--can make a punk/punk-ish mix. dropkick murphys, rancid, bad religion, stiff little fingers, the clash, sex pistols (that i can only put on a tape), the jam (also tape only), afi, the business, avail, etc.

--can also do an irish-leaning-more-towards-punk-ish-stuff mix with the pogues, flogging molly, the prodigals, gaelic storm, blood or whiskey, (and dropkick murphys fit on that too)

--not sure if i should mention this, cos i don't know to what extent i could use it, but i do have a college radio station's music library at my disposal to aid in the mix-making, although i can only make casettes from stuff cos i'd have to do the copying while at the station (it can be done though)

what kind of mix would i like...anything pretty much. anything non-rap, non-80s synth-y, non-mainstream-pop and non-country (johnny cash doesn't count as country cos he's cool). that's a lot of non-(blank)s...i know what i don't want, but i don't know what i do want...

willing to ship overseas

Last edited:
what i can do:
1) an across teh board rock cd feat bands like cky, him, monster magnet, flaming lips
2)sadness/deprssed - songs about loseing, being lost,hurt,trying to no longer hurt (will contain music from all catagories)
3)anger and rage - self xplanitory (will contain music from all catagories)
4)hip hop/rap
5)from anime - contains music featured from various anime

what i would like:
1)trance
2)hip hop from somwhere other than america

I don't want to trouble you, but if you offered...

joyfulgirl said:

I'd be happy to send my mix to anybody who didn't get one in the original deal.

Really? :hyper:

I'd also love to be a part of this cd exchange. I'm going to have to really think about what I can offer/specialize in here, as well as what I really want. Well...I kinda might want a *coughryanadamsgreatesthitscd* but that will remain to be seen...:sexywink:

Re: I don't want to trouble you, but if you offered...

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

I'd also love to be a part of this cd exchange. I'm going to have to really think about what I can offer/specialize in here, as well as what I really want. Well...I kinda might want a *coughryanadamsgreatesthitscd* but that will remain to be seen...:sexywink:

*clutches desk* YES!!!!!

:wave: :D

I'm not going to post my details yet because I just got this computer and want to make sure I can work the burner all right before I get anything set. I should know by tomorrow night! Otherwise, I can make a tape again. :)

KhanadaRhodes said:
hmmm, let's see... :hmm:

i could make:
  • duran duran (i know i've got more than headsonsticks
    lickslips.gif
    )
  • 80s (new wave, that kinda stuff)
  • some 90s stuff like cranberries, sheryl crow, etc.
  • sting/police

and loads others. i've got a ton of cds, loser me even made a list of every cd i own. i've also got tons more mp3s in the same wave.

as for anything i'd want, i'd like stuff in the same vein. i like 80s music, along the new wave/new romantic type stuff. that's how i get into most bands, by mix cds people make me, because i always discover something new where the 80s are concerned. :cool:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! KHANDA RODHES WE SHOULD BE PAIRED UP!!!!!!!!! a hos VS. khanadorhodes face off. I bet we could make some dope ass mixes!!!!!!!! C'mon let 's do it!!!!!!!!! PM me and wre should do it for rals. Sorry I'm hammmereewd. Too many red bull vodkas an sjt. oopes i meant shit! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let's do it just for us! I bet we could make some PHENOMENAL mixes for each other!!!!!! I'm so serius! Lets dooooooooooooo it!

I just realized I posted more mixes I want than mixes I can make in my first post. :reject: I could also make an INXS/Michael Hutchence tape, or a sad/moping tape.

I'd like to receive:
-trip hop
-indie pop/rock
-shibuya-kei
-tropicalia
-a contemporary singer/songwriter mix

I could make:
-mixes for late-nights
-Manchester (or Lancashire in general) music,
-a Saint Etienne best of (the most English band in the world, and possibly the poppiest)
-British guitar-pop(I'd start with the 80s alt. scene and end with a current fave like Doves)
-French pop
-a Clash mix (maybe not, or else I'll put everything they've recorded on an eight disc set or something)

Last edited:
I would enjoy trading cd's with the one they call Yertle.

His tastes suit my fancy.

Hello,

A new Interference CD Exchange! :hyper: WOOHOO!
I had so much fun with the last one that I'm definately in again this time (listened to all three mix CD's again last Wednesday :up: ) I'll post my options later when I'm home again. I'm open to everything, but I have to look what I have to offer. At the moment I just had to reply as I'm so excited. :yes:

I won't list a very specific option (apart maybe from Dutch rock :p although I'll spare you all with the Dutch language and just choose Dutch acts that sing in English). However, I did have some ideas for ICDE theme's, so I'll list them as my options.

So pax, expect a mail later today! :sexywink:

C ya!

Marty

nice!!!!! i have this to offer on cd:
- the ultimate rolling stones mix (just as diehard fan as of u2)
- the ultimate velvet underground / lou reed mix
- dinosaurs in general mix
- sad mix
- jazz mix

i long for:
anything as long as its a cd, no tapes please

I wanna do this too now! :)

I can offer the most ultimate Oasis Mix ever. (promised none of the mainstream stuff!)
Im excellent at sad/ depressing mixes
Tracy Chapman mixes
A Britpop in general mix
The only Dylan mix you'll ever need
A general Mix of classic songs.

I would like anything really as long as its on cd. Maybe not so much 90's english stuff and not really keen on too much electronic stuff but a bit is fine! :)
Good lyrics especially loved!

HeadsOnSticks said:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! KHANDA RODHES WE SHOULD BE PAIRED UP!!!!!!!!! a hos VS. khanadorhodes face off. I bet we could make some dope ass mixes!!!!!!!! C'mon let 's do it!!!!!!!!! PM me and wre should do it for rals. Sorry I'm hammmereewd. Too many red bull vodkas an sjt. oopes i meant shit! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let's do it just for us! I bet we could make some PHENOMENAL mixes for each other!!!!!! I'm so serius! Lets dooooooooooooo it!

Okeeee. Someone needs to stop me next time I want to type drunk. For fuck's sake I'm embarassed for myself. Anyway sorry Khanada Rhodes. Hope I at least made you laugh. Let's do a DD duel mix cd tho, could be fun fun fun til daddy takes the T-bird away.

I can do CDs:

a Scottish mix (Delgados, Idlewild, Aereogramme, Mogwai, etc.)
a Welsh mix (Super Furry Animals, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Manic Street Preachers, etc.)
a mix of songs in languages other than English (Kent, SFA, Sigur Ros, etc.)
a depressing mix
a chillout mix from the Ministry of Meggie
a random mix of songs I like :shrug:
live Starsailor and/or b-sides
Idlewild mix incl. b-sides/live
Delgaods mix incl. b-sides/live
Doves mix incl. b-sides
a cover songs mix
a singer/songwriter mix

I would like:

a mix of music not from the UK, Ireland, or US (Australia, Europe, Asia, etc. -- not traditional music, please, though!)

a mix of bands I haven't heard

a Tori Amos mix (I've heard some, but never really been able to get into her stuff)

a yertle cd :hyper:

anything really -- as long as it's NOT from The Absent One (who makes excellent mixes, by the way!! :up: ) since we'll be living together

I can ship overseas (I'll probably be in England when this starts anyway), and I can recieve CDs or tapes (I'll probably buy a cheap cd/tape player thing when I move)

Sorry to post again. I didnt think enough before. maybe some Dream Theatre mix. I heard them and they sounded pretty good!

This may sound stupid as its on a U2 board but a best of U2 would be fun. I dont actually know much really (except the famous stuff) so im sure lots of people could do that!

Late 60's early 70's excessive overindulgant stadium rock compilations. (bands like Cream, Pink Floyd etc but not them!)

Maybe some low key alt.country but nothing too country like. Impressed with Ryan Adams and Jesse Malin so something like that!

Or just a surprise!!! I like surprises!

Ok, I can do a lot more than I said I could after sleeping on it and reading some of the stuff here. I just have to think about it more over the weekend.

Like maddie's Joni thread reminded me I could definitely do a Joni mix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom