Interferece magic couple is gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:

OK that's it, Headache is with Willie Williams on the next U2 tour and he is in charge of the visuals.

(BAW is right)

joyfulgirl said:

But let me clarify, just in case you weren't entirely joking...in response to the question "why would you even question Elvis," I meant why wouldn't we ask questions when based on their umpteen thousands of posts alone Salome & Angela have a huge visible presence here. No conspiracy theories intended.

(to stop this thread from becoming further derailed)

Here, here...joyfulgirl, I entirely agree. When two very prominent members suddenly resign, quite bitterly, or are banned, as the rumours have it, why would we cease to question the motives behind the move? This ISN'T 1984--we are entitled to ask questions and demand answers. Imagine if two prominent members of parliament decided to resign--say, the finance and health ministers. Would no one wonder what happened? If Angela and Joel both felt they would begin to answer questions in a public forum, it is decidedly public business.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's a celebration bitches!

bean.gif
edge.gif
larry.gif
bono.gif
adam.gif
bean.gif

WTF!? :lol:

Elvis said:
This should have never needed to come into the public's eye.

Joel

A piece of advice (yes, I do realize that you don't give a rat's ass what I think) -- if you wish to avoid this type of drama the next time such conflicts arise, talk first and act only as a last resort. I'm sorry but the suspension of Angela Harlem's and Salome's accounts was just childish. Perhaps they also did childish things, but only your's are so public, and only your actions in this matter make those who post here wonder what is going to get our accounts suspended also.

* edited to add -- two reasons this was not pm'ed or emailed:

1) I replied to a public post

2) I've emailed you (Elvis) before (on other issues) and I don't get an answer. So there you go.

Last edited:
The_Sweetest_Thing said:

(to stop this thread from becoming further derailed)

Here, here...joyfulgirl, I entirely agree. When two very prominent members suddenly resign, quite bitterly, or are banned, as the rumours have it, why would we cease to question the motives behind the move? This ISN'T 1984--we are entitled to ask questions and demand answers. Imagine if two prominent members of parliament decided to resign--say, the finance and health ministers. Would no one wonder what happened? If Angela and Joel both felt they would begin to answer questions in a public forum, it is decidedly public business.

The situation became public the second Elvis decided to ask the question that led to all of this in the forum (there should be a rule to talk about someone's private life with the person in question via email or PM). Besides, with two popular members - moderators even - it wouldn't be very long before someone would ask what happened.

I don't think it has to do with mod resignation, as everyone said that was done peacefully.

I just think no one deserves the kind of thing that happened on Saturday, and we still haven't heard why Salome had a blocked account. (he had no part in the incident, after all)

Last edited:
Elvis said:

You may be surprised how much of one side/view you've been told.
Joel, I told you in my email that I had no intention of badmouthing you and/or Interference so I certainly haven't been telling one sided stories to anyone
(sorry that I didn't send you that email sooner, but I spent at least a day looking for your email explaining what I exactly did wrong which led you to undertake actions towards me before I gave up on that quest. Maybe you sent that email to Anna though since you seem to have problems keeping the 2 of us apart. For future reference: I am the one with the penis)

I can understand why we should really keep all of this private but since you have been able to post some delightful half truths in here over the last day or so I think I should at least straighten out some stuff so that people don't get the wrong impression about me
I'm sure you wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression about you either so I hope/think you won't object

a) even though I regard anything that hurts Anna as a personal issue for me also I never was part in anything that was posted on the forum re. the problems that occured between Anna and you
as far as I'm aware my only involvement was that I didn't respond to a pm you sent (which looked like a pm send to all the mods) re. who deleted your post in that Zoo Confessionals thread
the reasons I didn't respond to that pm were:
1. your behaviour in that thread was utterly disgusting in my opinion (this might be a difference of opinion and all, but it's still my take on it) so I didn't feel like I could respond without swearing at you too badly
2. it seemed to me that Anna might want to respond to whatever you were doing herself, but she never got the pm you sent anyway it turns out.
3. unless I am mistaken you as well as any other mod could just look in the thread's history to see which mod/admin did what
so I took your further public prying into a personal matter as further provocation towards Anna while on a topic that is none of you business to begin with
4. since I wasn't the one who deleted the post I didn't have much to tell you

b) I didn't receive an email or a pm from you that stated what led you to block my account before you went ahead and did this
you didn't give me any opportunity to even state my opinion on any of it
I was away the entire saturday to find out when I logged on my computer late in the evening that my password didn't work
when I tried one of my alters I got an error page which led me to the conclusion that you apparently banned my IP address
perhaps this wasn't your intention and you just slipped while playing around with the ban function, but you certainly didn't just block my account either

c) even now you haven't even tried to explain to me what I did wrong/which rules I broke
the only thing I can think of is that I called you lord of the twats in a pm I sent Anna as a response to your pm demanding to know who deleted your post
even though you couldn't have read that being a pm and all between 2 members, I do apologise because calling you a
twat doesn't fit the situation that occured

d) since I still disaprove vehemently of your behaviour towards Anna. I have no problem that you just kicked me out the moment you also kicked her out of here
I trust her 100% and I would take her side any given day
why on earth you felt the need to kick her out your mod team will probably always stay a mystery to me though
it's a serious mistake no matter how you look at it

e) I did indeed as did Anna request to be removed from the mod team about 2 weeks ago
I won't go into my reasons for that over here again because at least part of it would probably cause this thread to sidetrack
point is:
we both decided to stay after all
we apologised for even bringing it up
and requested to consider that matter closed about a week ago
I am completely oblivious to what this supposedly has to do with anything that happened over last weekend and I wouldn't even be talking about it if you didn't bring it up yourself more than once during my little holiday from this place

this is all I have to say about this
since this is all that I know about this

I will take a couple of days to figure out whether I want to use the posting priviledges you returned to us, because I honestly have no idea at all whether I want to be here anymore
more because of the way I feel you treated the person I love more than anything else than the way you treated me in all of this which in itself is somewhat disappointing

I also hope this will help some people to sort of understand what happened over here last weekend
those who fully understand it can contact me at salomeshakesit@hotmail.com since I am rather curious myself

I have been guilty of the following things:
1. Deleting some posts from a thread. Posts which were instigated by one in particular from the owner of this site.
This action caused me to be demoted to Mod, as opposed to admin.
2. The next morning deleting the entire thread as I no longer had access to our locked threads archive from my de-admining, as the owner of Interference once again replied to this now infamous thread.
3. Following this I did what I am rather adept at - which is cursing like a fucking sailor and speaking my bloody mind. :wink: I did this in the mod forum which obviously few have access to.

The outcome of this was my account was suspended by the owner of the site and Johan/Salome also had his suspended due to his being guilty of being a very close friend of mine.

My deleting of posts (which happens to occur so often -see FYM for thread splits etc) was deemed an abuse of privileges and obviously my speaking so sailor-like in response to something which had sweet fuck all to do with this forum touched a raw nerve and so, this site lost one admin and one extremely good mod.

Make of this what you will. It is what happened in a nutshell.

I do want to thank you all for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

:heart:

well, Angie and Sal, now matter what you'll do (go back to being mods/admin or not) , may I give you a BIG welcome back hug
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

*is rather glad she hasn't come across anna's cursing as a sailor yet:wink:

Last edited:
The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Um, guys, i don't think that was particularly really 'back' for either of them.

You're right, i'm sure chances are low that they will ever be frequent interference visitors, "Wellcome Back" was more referencing to the end of the banning of them and to be able to read their thoughts here, i also appreciate it that Salome left his e-mail here so that people who want to stay in contact can do so.

I'm still unsure what to think of the things hapened especially to Salome.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Um, guys, i don't think that was particularly really 'back' for either of them.

Yeah, sadly both posts seem more like goodbye than I'm back, and I can't say I'd blame them for that. If either of you is lurking, however, I'd like to say thanks for the posts here.

Whew.. what a fucking war.

Angela Harlem, I didn´t know you could swear like that - props :D

By reading this thread, I didn´t really get all the bits and pieces, but I guess I have basically understood what it´s about.

I am so sorry that you two apparently have decided to call it quits. However, remember the good times. It´s good if you can stay friends. Take this from an old wise man, I can assure you that sometime, the hurt will be gone.

Jesus Christ. Reading the first pages of this thread I had the impression it was a battle between politicians, secret services, courthouses, the parliament, diplomacy (bad job on this one) and some freaky journalists. I´m just happy the fucking army didn´t get in here to clean the whole place up.

As to Interference, I respect Elvis the same like the (ex-) moderators. I have not that much interest in knowing more details (but the journalists amongst you, go ahead if you wanna spread some facts and rumors, as we all know, information wants to be free), because to me it´s just the Internet. Blue crack? I never did crack. Well, ok, I´m guilty of posting here and there. No interest in using my diplomatical skills for being a mod unless someone pays me. No interest in paying.

.. aaaah Elvis as a side note, not meant to derail this thread: I´d like to be able to see other members profiles at least. I understand PMs, buddy lists and all the sex stuff are reserved for those who want to pay, but come on, you could really unlock the profiles and the search options for the general public, hmmh? I want you remaining mods to discuss that in your super private secret mod forum, merci beaucoup. In return, I offer you access to the best smilies list Sicy can only dream of.

Salome - shake it.

Angela Harlem - you have done an awesome job.

So what else is there to say... not much for me, except of a quote by John Lennon (as not to always and everywhere quote Bono):

WAR IS OVER IF YOU WANT IT WAR IS OVER NOW

.ping.

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
.. aaaah Elvis as a side note, not meant to derail this thread: I´d like to be able to see other members profiles at least. I understand PMs, buddy lists and all the sex stuff are reserved for those who want to pay, but come on, you could really unlock the profiles and the search options for the general public, hmmh?

yup.
there are boards bigger than here that don't need members to pay for server fees.
searching should NOT be a premium fee. how many times have we gotten railed on for starting threads that were already started, a month or two months ago? who's going to search back that many pages?

I *really* hate to be bitchy about this, but...

If you have a gripe about Premium or non-Premium features, do let Elvis know in Don't Expect, Suggest. I'm not sure he'll find it, buried so deeply in this thread as it is, which has nothing to do with the issue of Premium vs. non-Premium features anyway.

Thanks.

Salome - not that this matters much now since Anna admitted to editing that thread, but I was curious to as to why Elvis bothered to ask who edited it when you should be able to look it up. I hit the 'edit thread' option after he asked that, and the moderator notes line was blank - don't know enough about the board to know how to erase that info, but it wasn't there when I looked - that's probably why Elvis asked :shrug:

bonosloveslave said:
that's probably why Elvis asked :shrug:
perhaps he should have also pm'd anna about it then :shrug:

since it was actually about her
so to me it would make sense in a weird way if she would be the one who deleted it
or perhaps my brain just works
in a funny way

now if someone could also answer my other 4 questions than this would really be like christmas in october

It would take a village idiot to really have no clue who edited this thread in confessionals. Now unless Joel wishes to admit to being particularly stupid, he is left looking nothing but vindictive.

I understand you want to seem neutral in this bls, and if anything I feel for you mods. It isn't a secret that mismanagement makes moderating harder. I'd like everyone to know that it never seemed any of the other staff had anything to do with any of this and questions can only be directed at the owner. Your mods are good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom