Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect because we all thought soccer would be far more exciting if the off-side rule were just abolished.

5-3 to Australia at half-time. Damn. They did come on in the last ten minutes, though. The second half should be intense.

I dunno about more exciting... less confusing for sure!

Is that a low score for rugby?

I dunno about more exciting... less confusing for sure!

Is that a low score for rugby?

Yeah, it'd be more exciting - more goals would be scored. No game should ever regularly end in 0-0.

And yeah, it is a bit of a low half-time score. Just the Wallabies have kind of sucked, except for the last 10 minutes, while the Springboks have simply failed to capitalise on their opportunities.

Somebody called me a vegan once because they didn't know the different between veggies and vegans.
I'm actually not sure if they're sick more often or not. There are vitamins and stuff for things like that, so they're still getting them, but not exactly naturally...

Yeah, I tend to check out the ingredients too. That way I don't end up buying something with beef in it. :lol:
Though I check for onion too, but for different reason. Onions tend to give me bad indigestion.

:crack: I was getting some bad rep from a few of my mates the other day, they were worried I'd get sick from being vegetarian, I told them that noone's diet is perfect, and I'm probably just as well off as they are. I lied to them and said I'd eat meat every few weeks to get some iron up, but I can't see myself doing that. I do miss the tastes of some meats, but I don't miss eating meat. But I'm not a jerk, I accept anyone else eating meat, hell I accept that we wouldn't even be here if our ancestors weren't hunter-gatherers. That's a no-brainer. And I'll still have vitamins with animal products, like fish oil tablets. But see, that's the sort of thing other people get up-in-arms about. I might eat a lamb yiros at the end of the year, though. Wouldn't hurt, plus it's the South Aussie thing to do. :wink:

Yeah, it's always worth having a look at ingredients, but if you're only vegetarian you just don't need to have meat (or certain meats, as in your case). But vegans will have to find out if so and so has the slightest bit of egg yolk in it, or some relatively harmless preservative, or whatever. Maybe I'm generalising (how can I not be?) but I don't think that's really worth the time.

Sucks about the onions. :( Is it just certain types of onion that give you that?

Drinking scorecard:

Pinot gris 2 - 1 pinot noir.

Onto the second pinot noir.

Yeah, it'd be more exciting - more goals would be scored. No game should ever regularly end in 0-0.

And yeah, it is a bit of a low half-time score. Just the Wallabies have kind of sucked, except for the last 10 minutes, while the Springboks have simply failed to capitalise on their opportunities.

I'm convinced that soccer's low scores are what causes half the riots and stuff. All that anticipation (and beer) and then... nil-all-draw? No wonder people go nuts.

Shame on you, Springboks... :tsk:

And I know James Joyce's name... but not much else about him :reject:

:tsk:

James Augustine Aloysius Joyce (2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941) was an Irish expatriate writer, widely considered to be one of the most influential writers of the 20th century. He is best known for his landmark novel Ulysses (1922) and its highly controversial successor Finnegans Wake (1939), as well as the short story collection Dubliners (1914) and the semi-autobiographical novel A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (1916).

Is NI being our designated driver then? Aww! :love:

Ni NI can't drive, he'll just be with us to make sure NO Irishmen take advantage of us

I'm convinced that soccer's low scores are what causes half the riots and stuff. All that anticipation (and beer) and then... nil-all-draw? No wonder people go nuts.

Shame on you, Springboks... :tsk:

Exactly. When was the last time you saw somebody riot after a "low-scoring" AFL game of 65-55?

On it. Maybe I should say hey to Khan while I'm at it. Or maybe I should get her to help me :hmm:

Ooh, I'd like to see Khan own Kate. I was meant to meet up with Khan in 2005 but Kate never got her act into gear so we never made it to Memphis (I was dependent on Kate driving).

:crack: I was getting some bad rep from a few of my mates the other day, they were worried I'd get sick from being vegetarian, I told them that noone's diet is perfect, and I'm probably just as well off as they are. I lied to them and said I'd eat meat every few weeks to get some iron up, but I can't see myself doing that. I do miss the tastes of some meats, but I don't miss eating meat. But I'm not a jerk, I accept anyone else eating meat, hell I accept that we wouldn't even be here if our ancestors weren't hunter-gatherers. That's a no-brainer. And I'll still have vitamins with animal products, like fish oil tablets. But see, that's the sort of thing other people get up-in-arms about. I might eat a lamb yiros at the end of the year, though. Wouldn't hurt, plus it's the South Aussie thing to do. :wink:

Yeah, it's always worth having a look at ingredients, but if you're only vegetarian you just don't need to have meat (or certain meats, as in your case). But vegans will have to find out if so and so has the slightest bit of egg yolk in it, or some relatively harmless preservative, or whatever. Maybe I'm generalising (how can I not be?) but I don't think that's really worth the time.

Sucks about the onions. :( Is it just certain types of onion that give you that?
Ugh, yeah. I can't tell you how many times someone's asked me if I'm sick all the time or if I get dizzy from lack of iron or what the fuck have you. I get my iron out of cereal and shit like that. Fuck eating meat or taking supplements, I do just fine with it.
I don't really care if anyone eats meat around me ether. Mind you I may back away if someone's eating a cheeseburger in front of me because ground beef just grosses me out, period. But I'm not one of those veggies who doesn't eat meat because of the "poor animals". I don't eat it because I don't want it.

I just don't think veganism is worth it. Period. Too many things have something from an animal in them and it's just not worth the time, effort and what it does to your body to deprive it of shit like that.

I'm not entirely sure. I think it could be whatever is in them. I don't generally like onions anyway, the taste and texture. It's all gross but there are certain things I can eat them in. It's just that they give me indigestion and I don't quite know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom