Inter Rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a way to get around Europe by train.
You pay for a ticket to go to different European "zones" for example Zone E includes France, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Belgium. You can buy a ticket for a certain period of time like 16 or 22 days and you can get a ticket for one zone or two zones.

I've done Eurail which is similar but is only sold to americans. if you have time and you want to see a lot of the places "on the ground" so to speak, it can be a good deal. specially if you have long distances planned into your trip. but i recommend you do the math first. sometimes it is cheaper to buy tickets from point to point.

We were talking to a woman in the travel shop today about it but as it was closing she didn't get to tell us much so I was just wanting to see other peoples opinions
I will grill her tomorrow :up:

I've also done Eurail. I liked it, saved money by doing it...sula's right though, just pricing to be sure it's the best deal for you. If you do it, I recommend booking a seat when you arrive someplace (for your next train ride). Even though you don't have to book with the tickets you'd have, it's very helpful. I've spent the night standing in a hallway because I didn't.

We have worked it out, it is a LOT cheaper buying an inter rail ticket. We have also been speaking to other people in our courses for the past few weeks who have done it before and they have been quite helpful. :up:

Back
Top Bottom