Inflatable Santa and Frosty assasinated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeloo

War Child
I knew it was going to happen as soon as I saw them. People all over town put up giant, bigger than lifesize inflatable Santas, waving or not, with or without Rudolf, and huge grinning copies of Frosty the Snowman. I was actually surprised it took so long. When I first saw them I thought, some wise ass is going to pop them and laugh. Well over the weekend someone finally got to them. I don't know what they used, gun, knife or what, but now almost all the blow up figures are flat, or flopping to one side airless. The last snowman standing has the f word painted on his gut. The worst thing is, I think this is almost funny. Maybe it's because I've had a crap year and I don't feel jolly. Of course I'm sorry for the kids who must be crying, and overall I'm a person who hates vandalism and destructiveness. But I knew someone who was the type would get the best of them eventually. I really don't know why anyone would bother putting them up with their popping being inevitable. I feel terrible for thinking it was kind of funny, but it wasn't the fact that they were popped as much as that I totally knew it was going to happen and when it did, I was like, I was right. I can't help it, it was funny.

Did anybody else get these in their town, and were they popped?

Last edited:
I have seen loads of them

But nobody has ruined them :ohmy:

There is a house about a mile away from here we saw one night - it was like Santas Palace there were decorations EVERYWHERE!!! Tehre was a life size crib scene on the roof and 4 plastic Santas in the living room..... :lmao: and about 4 cars (not including us :eek: ) were stopped outside peering in at it :eeklaugh:

Those inflatables are everywhere. They may be a bit annoying but the person(s) who popped them are assholes.
I saw the best one of all a week ago Sunday en route to buy our Xmas tree...inflatable 6' Homer Simpson in a Santa suit. That cracked me up.

I think they're pretty tacky too but I agree with Hewson...you have to be a real asshole to destroy someone's Christmas decorations.

:|

slowly put down the gun and count to ten

Northeast said:
I dont' know, thats a pretty rotten thing to do. I'd shoot the jerk that tampered with my stuff.......

Is that before or after you shoot yourself for having to go see the musical "Chicago"?

Re: slowly put down the gun and count to ten

zoney! said:

Is that before or after you shoot yourself for having to go see the musical "Chicago"?

errrrr................after.................................wow I am on some sort of a gun thing.....ok maybe I wont' shoot them, I'd kick em in the shins though...

True, but it wasn't only my neighborhood. Driving around shopping and all, I noticed it over a range of about 35 miles. Either the same gang was on a widespread rampage or lots of others had the same idea.:huh:

I think its nice some ppl are so filled with the christmas spirit they put loads of decoartions up

one man does it somewhere in belfast he was in the newspaper but he asks ppl who come to his house to donate money for a charity for cancer or something like that because his son had it i think thats a good idea :up: It would be awful if someone wrecked his display.

Imo its tacky I wouldnt do it but if ppl want to have big inflatable santas why not.... not doing anyone any harm.

These things are not cheap.. I'd be pissed lol.

Of course, I would never put one up to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom