Indiana Jones vs. Han Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the fo-shizzlest?

• Han Solo

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 48 52.2%

• Total voters
Lila64 said:

Indra, do we need to convene in private? :shifty:
Looking for Indy fans - come out come out wherever you are!

Indy supporters need to come out and fight for all that is good and true in this world -- and that is INDY!!! :rockon:

I recruited 3. My work here is done

tugowar.gif

36.gif

I wonder if some of the people voting for Indy have even seen all 3 original Star Wars films. Cos if they saw Empire, this would be a different thread. And, listen, I'm a Jew! Indy hates the Nazis. I love him for it. Still. He aint no Solo.

Oh, and Empire belongs to 2 characters. Solo and 3PO. Next time you watch it, listen to 3PO, he's basically in freak out mode from start to finish, it's great. "But sir!!!"

And, PhilK, you're dead to me now.

:)

No spoken words said:
I wonder if some of the people voting for Indy have even seen all 3 original Star Wars films. Cos if they saw Empire, this would be a different thread.

Not only have I seen them all, I saw them all when they first came out. I loved Han Solo...but he's a bit on the plastic side. But Indy...ah, Indy. Can't you just smell Indy up there on the screen? Much more visceral. :drool:

I've seen all of the Star Wars/Indy movies, and have to say it's Indy.

In hand-to-hand combat, between them both, Indy wins.

The only draw is that they both run like fruits, because it's still Harrison Ford. Have you seen him run? It's worse than the Shatner-run.

Lancemc said:

Pffft. From Raiders alone:

Indiana: You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do.

-----------------------------------------------------

Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

-----------------------------------------------------

Indiana: That depends on how reasonable we're all willing to be. All I want is the girl.

:rockon::love:

Belloq: How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level?
Indiana: Try the local sewer.

Best exchange ever:

Indiana: There's a big snake in the plane, Jock!
Jock: Oh, that's just my pet snake Reggie.
Indiana: I hate snakes, Jock. I hate 'em!
Jock: C'mon, show a little backbone, will ya?

I saw all of the Star Wars and Indy films when they came out as well. I'm an old man, I admit it.

I want to be clear here, I love 2 of the Indy films and still manage to like the other. I'm a fan. I wish this were Indy vs. John Matrix from Commando or something like that. But, it's not. It's vs. Solo. And that's a battle Indy simply cannot win, no matter how much of an odor he gives off.

DECK OFFICER: Sir, Commander Skywalker hasn't come in through the
south entrance. He might have forgotten to check in.

HAN SOLO: Not likely. Are the speeders ready?

DECK OFFICER: Not yet. We're having some trouble adapting them to the
cold.

HAN SOLO: Then we'll have to go out on Tauntauns.

DECK OFFICER: Sir, the temperature's dropping too rapidly.

HAN SOLO: That's right. And my friends out in it.

ASSISTANT OFFICER: I'll cover sector twelve. Have com-control set
screen alpha.

(Han pushes through the troops and mounts a Tauntaun.)

DECK OFFICER: Your Tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first
marker.

HAN SOLO: THEN I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL!

Come on, what's not to love?

:D

Phanan, there have been references to the above scene earlier in this thread, but, thank you for bringing it up. It shows a lot about Han. Also, people, consider this:

Han Solo has managed to make me agree with Phanan. Do you think Indy can make Red Sox fans agree with Yankee fans? No. Game, Set, Match.

Are my cats going to have to register to settle this once and for all? :evil:

No spoken words said:
Phanan, there have been references to the above scene earlier in this thread, but, thank you for bringing it up. It shows a lot about Han. Also, people, consider this:

Han Solo has managed to make me agree with Phanan. Do you think Indy can make Red Sox fans agree with Yankee fans? No. Game, Set, Match.

He might make Cubs fans agree with White Sox fans?

(Indy's from Chicago. Get it? I'm going to walk away slowly.)

Indra's cats did in fact register and vote for Indy. Sad times.

Yeah, a bunch of college students loved Indy, but, again, Han banged a Princess. Royalty. Indy's always doing dumb shit...he tossed his whip to Doc Oc, which was stupid. He almost ate a date poisioned by....a fucking Nazi Monkey. Sallah saved his ass. He lets himself get enslaved by Mola Ram, and it takes a hyperactive 3 foot tall Asian kid to smack him out of it. His Dad has to bail him out of certain doom on the beach, and that only went down because his Father is James Bond. Han? He does the saving. He eschews the dollars and flys the Falcon back just in time to knock Vader out of commission. He saves Luke from what would have, at the very least, been a severe case of frostbite on Hoth. And, sure, Han gets frozen, but that's only because Lando sold out to the Man. Han, who is a forgiving sort, saves Lando from getting swallowed up and slowly digested. And, he BANGS A PRINCESS.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
Han? He does the saving. He eschews the dollars and flys the Falcon back just in time to knock Vader out of commission. He saves Luke from what would have, at the very least, been a severe case of frostbite on Hoth. And, sure, Han gets frozen, but that's only because Lando sold out to the Man. Han, who is a forgiving sort, saves Lando from getting swallowed up and slowly digested. And, he BANGS A PRINCESS.

Sounds more like the doings of Bill and Ted or Encino Man... who are the most unprecedented of badasses.

Stop weezing the juice, Han.

:sexywink:

No spoken words said:

They haven't yet, which is a good thing because a few of them are itching to rip it up in FYM. It's all I can do to keep them off the computer now. If I let them start talking politics, I'd never get a chance to post myself. Damn opinionated cats. :rolleyes:

his Father is James Bond.

And that irrevocably swings the pendulum in Indy's favour. His father is James Bond. JAMES FUCKING BOND!!!! (*) Sean Connery James Bond at that, not some Bond pretender, but the real deal. Even banging a princess doesn't top Sean Connery James Bond dad.

* Note the Caps Lock of Truth!! :yes:

indra said:

Even banging a princess doesn't top Sean Connery James Bond dad.

I don't know... Besides the fact that the princess involved is the aforementioned Princess of Fanboy Droolfests, I don't know how cool it is to have a Sean Connery James Bond dad who shags the same Nazi as you. Awesome for dad, pretty weird for you. :huh:

No spoken words said:

Yeah, a bunch of college students loved Indy, but, again, Han banged a Princess. Royalty. Indy's always doing dumb shit...he tossed his whip to Doc Oc, which was stupid. He almost ate a date poisioned by....a fucking Nazi Monkey. Sallah saved his ass. He lets himself get enslaved by Mola Ram, and it takes a hyperactive 3 foot tall Asian kid to smack him out of it. His Dad has to bail him out of certain doom on the beach, and that only went down because his Father is James Bond. Han? He does the saving. He eschews the dollars and flys the Falcon back just in time to knock Vader out of commission. He saves Luke from what would have, at the very least, been a severe case of frostbite on Hoth. And, sure, Han gets frozen, but that's only because Lando sold out to the Man. Han, who is a forgiving sort, saves Lando from getting swallowed up and slowly digested. And, he BANGS A PRINCESS.

Indy somehow hung onto the outside of a submarine to a secret Nazi base.

That has to count for something.

What's more interesting is how he got inside the sub.

That's my favorite part of that film, by the way.

The Nazis board the boat, Katanga pretends Marian is his woman to sell. Indy disappears, Katanga and crew cannot find him. Then, this:

"I found him"

"Where"

"There!"

Da-da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da-DA.

Then, they cheer, Indy turns and waves, prompting fucking Katanga to break off a salute. Awesome.

Solo is still better.

Utoo said:
I don't know... Besides the fact that the princess involved is the aforementioned Princess of Fanboy Droolfests, I don't know how cool it is to have a Sean Connery James Bond dad who shags the same Nazi as you. Awesome for dad, pretty weird for you. :huh:

Well....sad to say, but the princess doesn't do a whole lot for me. On the other hand, Indy's papa (Sean Connery James Bond), had quite a bit of charm of his own. Oooh! A two for one special. :sexywink:

Still, regardless of how good looking Connery may or may not be, Dad and son doing the same chick is not really something to brag about. I love romantic phrases like "doing the same chick". Oh, how I miss The Bronx.

Back
Top Bottom