Indiana Jones rocks my world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
We've got one for Han, and for me,Indy is even above him. The man is the ultimate hero. I have seen the Indiana Jones trilogy countless times and they are my fave films.
Yes, I even love Temple of Doom.

indy_in_gear.jpg

indy.gif

indy.jpg

Trivia Questions..
Where did Lucas get the name for Indiana?

----------
Ahhhh..Venice

"I didn't know you could fly a plane."
"Fly, yes. Land, No."

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 01-24-2002).]

Well... I know Indiana in the movie was named after his dog... but how did George Lucas come up with the name? Oh Amanda! I am ashamed, I don't know!! Ack!
eek.gif

I am going to say his dog too! His childhood dog! *crosses fingers and hopes she is right*

Favourite Indiana moment- surrounded by Arabs and one draws a huge ass knife. Indiana pulls out his gun and shoots him! Classic. Ok, that sounds so bad, but it *is* just a movie.

r45.jpg

ooooh! I LOVE Indy! And manda, you're not weird...I did that "Ahhh, Venice" thing SEVERAL times while there.
tongue.gif

So, when are they coming out with Indy IV? I keep hearing rumours that it's in the works....

-sula

haha Angel, tis my fave scene too
biggrin.gif

and yes you are right about lucas' dog!

Sula babe, Im so glad Im not the only one. I said it more than once too and by the end of my 1 and a half days in Venice, my travlling buds were ready to knock me into a canal.
I read an article on one of those IJ sites(yes there are HEAPS) that Indiana Jones IV has actually been confirmed.
I dunno though, looking at Mr grumpy features at the Golden Globes the other night, dare I say it, is our beloved Mr Ford getting too old to play Indy?

There's a site called indygear.com where you can buy replica hats, whips, bags and jackets

---------------
Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory
hehe

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I read an article on one of those IJ sites(yes there are HEAPS) that Indiana Jones IV has actually been confirmed.
I dunno though, looking at Mr grumpy features at the Golden Globes the other night, dare I say it, is our beloved Mr Ford getting too old to play Indy?

Apparently he is now as old if not older than Sean Connery was when he played Indy Senior in Last Crusade. lol. But I still think they could make it work. It would just have to be worked into the humour of it all. Ie. don't pretend like Indy is as young as he was in 1-3, acknowledge his age but still let him be...Indy!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 01-24-2002).]

Remember that library they dug up in while looking for the Holy Grail? (the one with the Nazis and the blonde girl, oh, it's the Temple of Doom, yea, that's it). Well, I went to that library when I was in Venice. It's fantastic. But not as fantastic as Indiana Jones...mmmmm....

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Remember that library they dug up in while looking for the Holy Grail? (the one with the Nazis and the blonde girl, oh, it's the Temple of Doom, yea, that's it)

It was actually in the 3rd movie - "The Last Crusade"

How cool would that have been though to go there!
biggrin.gif

LMAO WONDERFUL WONDERFUL Harrison Ford
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My mom: Are you on the computer AGAIN-- is this another U2 thing?

MONA: No, look! It's Mr. Han Solo!

MOM: *gasp* Harrison Ford!

MONA: Indie Indie..

MOM: *stares*

smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

i just watched "What Lies Beneath" the other night and thought *many* times during the flick: "MAN, that Harrison Ford is a hottie!"
biggrin.gif
Even if he was a baddie in that one...

He rocks, definitely.

Originally posted by Angel:
Favourite Indiana moment- surrounded by Arabs and one draws a huge ass knife. Indiana pulls out his gun and shoots him! Classic. Ok, that sounds so bad, but it *is* just a movie.

I love that scene too! I saw in an interview that the scene was originally supposed to be a long fight- Indy's whip vs. the bad guy's sword. But it was at the end of a long day of filming, and everyone was tired so they decided it'd be funnier if Indy just pulled out a gun. And that was that!

Indy is definitely awesome!

Indy.gif

Actually giant lemon, I have an official IJ book and it says that Harrison Ford was very ill with stomach problems and he was supposed to do the big scene but ad libbed it himself.
They loved what he did so they kept it that way.
Same thing happened with the scene in Empire Strikes Back where Han is put into the carbon freeze thingy and Leia tells him she loves him. He was supposed to say "I love you too" but thought it cooler to say "I know". So they left it in.

That Harrison Ford, what a cheeky!
biggrin.gif

It can't be far away Kobe.
Im waiting for a special edition lol

Yeah, ya think angel, mebbe just a wee tad?
biggrin.gif

I have a poster of Indiana on the inside of my cupboard that's been there for about a decade.

------------------
And if there is a God
I know he likes to Rock

Slane/Lon tour pics

Actually giant lemon, I have an official IJ book and it says that Harrison Ford was very ill with stomach problems and he was supposed to do the big scene but ad libbed it himself.

I was just about to say that!!!
biggrin.gif
lol Obsessed much are we?

i wonder why there isn't a big dvd trilogy for these movies. i would love to have that.

------------------
i thought i knew you.

They loved what he did so they kept it that way.
Same thing happened with the scene in Empire Strikes Back where Han is put into the carbon freeze thingy and Leia tells him she loves him. He was supposed to say "I love you too" but thought it cooler to say "I know". So they left it in.

Thanks for clarifying, Zooropamanda!
I must have heard it wrong.
The real story is even cooler.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
I love that scene too! I saw in an interview that the scene was originally supposed to be a long fight- Indy's whip vs. the bad guy's sword. But it was at the end of a long day of filming, and everyone was tired so they decided it'd be funnier if Indy just pulled out a gun. And that was that!
Empire magazine voted that scene something like Coolest Movie Scene Ever last year.

Back
Top Bottom