Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade----FTW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I mean, seriously. All it needs is a little more love story and some LOTR-esque cinematography, and it'd just about be the most perfect movie. There's not a thing it lacks.

Just spent yesterday showing the Indy flicks to a friend who'd never seen a single one. By the end, she was checking out wested.com, where you can get a tailored Indy jacket handmade by Peter Wested, the guy who made them for the movies (I have one....it' sweeeeet). She liked Raiders and Temple, but it was Crusade that won her over.

I prefer Last Crusade over the other 2 films :drool:

And wested.com :rockon: I got the War of the Worlds leather jacket from there last year :drool:

Utoo said:
I mean, seriously. All it needs is a little more love story and some LOTR-esque cinematography, and it'd just about be the most perfect movie. There's not a thing it lacks.

Just spent yesterday showing the Indy flicks to a friend who'd never seen a single one. By the end, she was checking out wested.com, where you can get a tailored Indy jacket handmade by Peter Wested, the guy who made them for the movies (I have one....it' sweeeeet). She liked Raiders and Temple, but it was Crusade that won her over.

Crusade is great, especially because it has the Connery factor, River Phoenix as Young Indy, Brody and Sallah are back, and the Nazis. I love me some Nazi villains.

I also loved how retarded Brody became in between Raiders and Crusade, it's mind-boggling.

That being said, Raiders is still my fave Indy movie, probably my favorite action/adventure movie ever, but Crusade and yes, even parts of Temple of Doom hold a certain place in my heart.

My favorite movie of all time :drool:

One of the few movies I could watch virtually every day and not get sick of it. The chemistry between Connery and Ford is outstanding. Rivor Phoenix is excellent...tragic kid.

Brody and Sallah are awesome. I know it's silly but I just LOVE the segway from Indiana saying how Brody will "blend in, disappear...with any luck he has the grail already."

"...does anyone here speak English? Ancient Greek?" :lmao: Cracks me up every time.

ETA OH how could I forget...when he goes into the German castle pretending to be a Scottish Lord...
"Zis ees a castle, and zere are many tapestries, and if you are a Scottish Lord zen I am Mickey Mouse!"

"How darrrre hee!" BAM

Last edited:
What exactly would LOTR-esque cinematography entail, and why would this film need it?

LemonMacPhisto said:

I also loved how retarded Brody became in between Raiders and Crusade, it's mind-boggling.

:lol: I remember when I was old enough to actually realize that the continuity there didn't make any sense at all. I guess we can chalk it up to senility---or breathing in too much museum dust. What's great is that he fills his role perfectly in each movie. I guess you could argue that he may be a goofy person in Raiders, but that you just don't get to see him in action.....perhaps in the scene with the government guys telling Indy & Brody about Abner missing and Indy easily interrupts Brody....it's done to mirror how the one g-man interrupted his companion, but I guess it could show that Brody's a much weaker character than Indy. Okay, enough analyzing from me! ;)

Lancemc said:
What exactly would LOTR-esque cinematography entail, and why would this film need it?

I mean the gorgeousness & crispness of the sweeping landscape shots, etc. Could've said Brokeback-esque, or something similar.

I don't think the movie needs it really. Just superficially listing generic, uneducated thoughts on great aspects of great movies, TLC has a lot of them---great script & dialogue, action/adventure, humor, a little romance, twists, some character development/exploration, great chemistry between actors, and more. The only thing that some great movies have that TLC might lack is to be visually stunning. Again, it's not that the movie really "needs it" needs it....it was more of a thought that if I list all the characteristics of movie that I think are great, TLC has just about all of them. The other movies themselves don't have all of them---and it can be argued that you can't necessarily make a single movie with all such characteristics and be left with a movie greater than the sum of its parts. I guess I just did a poor job of saying that TLC has just about everything I can think of when I think of "great movies."

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but SPielberg films are typically fairly mundane films photographically, with a few exceptions I could think of.

I love this movie. So many things to love. I sometimes still get chills and/or tears in my eyes at the end, with the knight and the collapsing cave ...

The love interest is lacking, but she's not as bad as Kate Capshaw.

Karen Allen was a hard act to follow.

waynetravis said:
And wested.com :rockon: I got the War of the Worlds leather jacket from there last year :drool:

that's awesome. Wested is fantastic. The jacket is a dream & I get compliments on it all the time. They used to make the Temple jacket in addition to the Raiders and Crusade jackets. (Temple's was essentially the one from Raiders but longer and a darker lambskin; Crusade is a different jacket altogether). Now he only offers the Raiders jacket on wested.com, but has the Raiders & Crusade jackets on indyjacket.com.

It's the softest, most well-made jacket I've ever seen. And I love how it's tailored to you AND he'll add on your own specifications at no charge. Fantastic guy.

Gotta go with Raiders for being the original, Karen Allen being amazingly beautiful in that film, and less cheesy shenanigans.

Still, the third film is great, with some of the best set pieces in the whole trilogy. The final tank battle, from the point of Indy riding up on the horse gun duelling with the German commander, is probably one of my favourite action sequences of all time (helped out immensely by a GREAT score for it by John Williams).

corianderstem said:
I love this movie. So many things to love. I sometimes still get chills and/or tears in my eyes at the end, with the knight and the collapsing cave ...

The love interest is lacking, but she's not as bad as Kate Capshaw.

Karen Allen was a hard act to follow.

Can't beat Jenny Hayden.

Love this scene:
n80900570_30180722_5590.jpg

and this:
n80900570_30180718_4391.jpg

BAM! oh yes!
n80900570_30180719_4663.jpg

Son I hate to tell you this, but the floor's on fire...aaaand the chair!

Dad! What? Dad! What? Dad!
n114500616_30245841_952.jpg

I'm a fan of the scene in the knight's tomb in Venice when Indy and Elsa see markings & pictures on the wall, and they see a picture of the ark--

Elsa: "What's this?"
Indy: "The Ark of the Covenant."
Elsa: "Are you sure?"
Indy: "Pretty sure."
:lol:

And, of course, the Austrian way of saying goodbye easily trumps the German way. :wink:

Indy: "It's disgraceful, you're old enough to be her... her grandfather."
Henry: "Well, I'm as human as the next man. "
Indy: "Dad, I was the next man."

Utoo said:
I'm a fan of the scene in the knight's tomb in Venice when Indy and Elsa see markings & pictures on the wall, and they see a picture of the ark--

Elsa: "What's this?"
Indy: "The Ark of the Covenant."
Elsa: "Are you sure?"
Indy: "Pretty sure."
:lol:

I also love how in that scene you hear the main theme from Raiders that Williams weaves into it.

btw--random side-note: the guy who owns wested leather is Peter Botwright, not Peter Wested.

Back
Top Bottom