Indian Village, Indiana, USA, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God that presentation sucked. Worst I've ever done in public speaking.

But it's for a subject I don't care about and I'm just glad it's done and now I'm wondering if 4:50pm is too early to have a glass of wine to relax.

God that presentation sucked. Worst I've ever done in public speaking.

But it's for a subject I don't care about and I'm just glad it's done and now I'm wondering if 4:50pm is too early to have a glass of wine to relax.

I don't think so, not at all.

Thank you for being an enabler, Ashley. I am now enjoying a nice glass of Chilean merlot.

Ax or whoever's heard it, how is Muse's new album?

Good but not great. One of their more consistent albums, but no songs stand out as classics compared to the best on the first three albums.

Puts BHAR to shame.

I've rated it 4/5 on RYM, but I think I'll shunt that down to 3.5/5.

Personally, I adore it.

Good but not great. One of their more consistent albums, but no songs stand out as classics compared to the best on the first three albums.

Puts BHAR to shame.

I've rated it 4/5 on RYM, but I think I'll shunt that down to 3.5/5.

So it's somewhere between good and amazing then :wink:

I saw the rating on RYM are they the new U2?

RYM just hates anything new. The PT album is taking lots of shit too, and I've seen plenty of other albums cop it.

Random facts if you hear a new album and like it you're just caught up in the hype, if you hear an old album and like it that's fine because it's old

I don't understand how someone listening to say Abbey Road, Darkside etc. for the first time isn't getting caught up in the hype like everyone else, then again I guess you just have to 5 star all those old albums because they're old

I've never understood why people hesitate to put a new album on a top albums list because it's new, but will have no qualms about putting an old album on same list even if they only heard it for the first time on the same day or sooner than they heard the new album.

I will happily put new albums on my top albums list, but then I tend to be of the perspective that music has consistently got better over the years and the 1960s/70s really weren't all that.

Oh man. The Sordo Music Database is gone.

This is on a par with the death of Oink.

This sucks so much.

On Muse, I think Absolution and Origins Of Symmetry are on a whole different level than Showbiz, BHAR, or The Resistance.

On Muse, I think Absolution and Origins Of Symmetry are on a whole different level than Showbiz, BHAR, or The Resistance.

I'd say the best of Showbiz is easily the equal of the best of Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution, but taking Showbiz as a whole, agreed. It's far too inconsistent.

Must admit, I've only ever been really affected by two celebrity deaths - Syd Barrett and Rick Wright.

And to think they're both from the same band. I'd have given my right arm to see Pink Floyd live.

Fine, just had my first class, I think it sucked all the energy out of me. Now I play the fun waiting game of trying to pass the time between classes and I have no headphones so I'm bored

Yourself Ax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom