Inaccessible Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Yeah, for long trips, the train's always going to make more sense.

I feel sorry for people who have to ride St Kilda Road tram routes at peak times. Ick. They really need to add two extra tracks there just to boost capacity. There's room.

Try taking the Ringwood Train at 9:08pm on a friday night!

And you've already just been on a Bust from Shep to Seymour for an hour, then the train from Seymour to spencer street.

ITS FUCKING PACKED!!!....plus I've always got a backpack, and my bag full of clothes...I kid you not , I felt like I was in a sardines tin.

What was weird, was their was nothing else on that night. IE: Footy, Cricket, Tennis or a concert? :shrug:

bono_man2002 said:

I love driving around. Even If I have to donate a kidney to pay for petrol.

I've done the great ocean road a bit when I was little. And went to Lorne last August.

Its a great drive.

Given the price of rego, insurance, maintenance, and petrol, I'm often kinda glad I can't drive.

But then I remember how badly I'd like to go places and ... ugh.

Axver said:
And see, this is the problem, you have to change modes of transport! All I have to do is hop on a tram and I'm there 17 minutes later!
Most of us mortals who don't live in an inner suburb have to contend with swapping transportation :wink:
Which is why most of us have cars. :reject:

Alisaura said:

You should do that before any more Apostles fall over...
(I think someone's been doing that water to wine thing again... :tsk: )

:lol:

Is that your invitation to drive me? :wink:

There should be a Great Ocean Railway, that would solve all my problems. And include trains.

Axver said:

Given the price of rego, insurance, maintenance, and petrol, I'm often kinda glad I can't drive.

But then I remember how badly I'd like to go places and ... ugh.

Once you get full time employment though, it does kinda even out. I guess driving 2.5 hours each way back to shepp-Melbourne-croydon almost every weekend since last June has added up in costs.

If Only I kept my receipts. I would have spent somewhere between $1,000-$2,000 on petrol.

bono_man2002 said:
Try taking the Ringwood Train at 9:08pm on a friday night!

And you've already just been on a Bust from Shep to Seymour for an hour, then the train from Seymour to spencer street.

ITS FUCKING PACKED!!!....plus I've always got a backpack, and my bag full of clothes...I kid you not , I felt like I was in a sardines tin.

What was weird, was their was nothing else on that night. IE: Footy, Cricket, Tennis or a concert? :shrug:

That's shithouse. But it's Friday night. Public transport's always packed then. I used to sometimes have to ride the 96 on a Friday night. That was spectacularly bad, especially with all the obnoxious drunks who I just wanted to kick.

Alisaura said:

Most of us mortals who don't live in an inner suburb have to contend with swapping transportation :wink:

Inner suburbs FTW then! :wink:

Alisaura said:

Ahh The Simple life in Shepparton.

Leave for work at 8:00, get their at 8:15...15 minutes early. Finish at 5, get home at 5:15

As to melbourne......(as to when I was doing my IT course) get up at 5:30- train to the city at 6:30, finish at 5, sometimes lucky to be home at 7:30 (I was living in Sunbury.

Fun Times.

Axver said:

There should be a Great Ocean Railway, that would solve all my problems. And include trains.
With what Jen said just now, who knows? Maybe there will be an Interference Great Ocean Road trip some day...

I'm surprised someone didn't put a train line along there long ago...

Then again, maybe there was one on the other side of the Road and it's fallen into the ocean by now. :uhoh:

I went on a scenic steam train thing in Tasmania, from Queenstown to somewhere, along the King river, I think... that was gorgeous. It had this rack-and-pinion thing for the steep hills... You'd love it, Ax :wink:

coolian2 said:
Auckland - Wellington 23 April
Wellington - Christchurch 26 April
Christchurch - Auckland 28 April

FTMFW

Wow, nice. I'd be jealous, except for this:

25/04: Porcupine Tree in Melbourne
26/04: Porcupine Tree in Sydney
27/04: Porcupine Tree in Brisbane

And I'm doing all three. YEAH MUTHAFUCKA.

bono_man2002 said:
As to melbourne......(as to when I was doing my IT course) get up at 5:30- train to the city at 6:30, finish at 5, sometimes lucky to be home at 7:30 (I was living in Sunbury.

Fun Times.
Yuck. I didn't realise Sunbury actually counted as Melbourne for a while there.

Axver said:

:lol:

Yes expect there are that many twists and turns, the trains will probably end up where the cars will be :lol:

Alisaura said:

With what Jen said just now, who knows? Maybe there will be an Interference Great Ocean Road trip some day...

I'm surprised someone didn't put a train line along there long ago...

Then again, maybe there was one on the other side of the Road and it's fallen into the ocean by now. :uhoh:

I went on a scenic steam train thing in Tasmania, from Queenstown to somewhere, along the King river, I think... that was gorgeous. It had this rack-and-pinion thing for the steep hills... You'd love it, Ax :wink:

:lol: Yeah, forget meetups at Spencer Street or U2 3D or the Aussie U2 Show, let's not arse around here and just do the whole Great Ocean Road while cranking U2! Or knowing all of us, we won't play a note of U2 because we'll be trying to convert each other to our other favourite bands ...

And is that the Abt railway? Don't make me jealous! Oh, too late ... :envy:

Alisaura said:

Yuck. I didn't realise Sunbury actually counted as Melbourne for a while there.

What the killer was, you were supposed to do 2 hours study each night. WTF!??

I had tea by 8 and went to bed at 9. Thats why I never finished my course!

Woulda have been better living in the inner suburbs though.

bono_man2002 said:
Once you get full time employment though, it does kinda even out. I guess driving 2.5 hours each way back to shepp-Melbourne-croydon almost every weekend since last June has added up in costs.

If Only I kept my receipts. I would have spent somewhere between $1,000-$2,000 on petrol.

Fuck, that's nuts.

Ali, you like science, hurry up and invent a cheaper alternative to petrol.

Axver said:
Or knowing all of us, we won't play a note of U2 because we'll be trying to convert each other to our other favourite bands ...

MUSE!!!! :rockon:
THE WHITE STRIPES :rockon:

I think we'll all be like, "Who's U2??" if that was our trip.

Ohhhh!!, Meet up for U2:3D?

bono_man2002 said:

Coolians National tour of New Zealand....it shall be called......WAIT FOR IT

NEW COOLIAND

That was spectacularly lame.

Thus it's very appropriate, given the even more spectacularly lame jokes Ian has been dropping on our threads.

:up:

Axver said:
:lol: Yeah, forget meetups at Spencer Street or U2 3D or the Aussie U2 Show, let's not arse around here and just do the whole Great Ocean Road while cranking U2! Or knowing all of us, we won't play a note of U2 because we'll be trying to convert each other to our other favourite bands ...

And is that the Abt railway? Don't make me jealous! Oh, too late ... :envy:
And since I hereby volunteer to drive, I get to dictate the contents of the CD player.

:evil:

I can't remember what it was called... I just know that Queenstown is a total hole and that railway was the best thing about the place. Very hairy to drive there too, with the cliffs and the crazy local drivers and all. :yikes:

bono_man2002 said:

MUSE!!!! :rockon:
THE WHITE STRIPES :rockon:

I think we'll all be like, "Who's U2??" if that was our trip.

Ohhhh!!, Meet up for U2:3D?

Fuck yes to Muse, fuck off to the Untalented Stripes. :wink:

And yeah, we're planning on doing some sort of a group booking for U2 3D.

The rest of you lot also need to get over to the Melbourne thread in Interference Gatherings so we can work out The Chaser's Age Of Terror thingy.

bono_man2002 said:
Yeah and it better not be H20 related....do they not notice....WE ARE IN A FUCKING DROUGHT!

Shit, really? I thought all the grass had just been painted yellow!

Alisaura said:

And since I hereby volunteer to drive, I get to dictate the contents of the CD player.

It comes down to who has the biggest car right.

I can fit 4 passengers! Though still on my P plates (until December) if we have the music up a fraction too loud, I might get arrested and my car impounded!

Alisaura said:

I can't remember what it was called... I just know that Queenstown is a total hole and that railway was the best thing about the place. Very hairy to drive there too, with the cliffs and the crazy local drivers and all. :yikes:

I'll just use mind control to make you play Porcupine Tree, Pure Reason Revolution, et al.

I think all Queenstowns by default suck. New Zealand's Queenstown is in a gorgeous setting, but it's so touristed up that it's a complete fucking waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom