In Memory of Herb Brooks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The director of the 1980 Miracle On Ice passed away on Monday at the age of 66. Having established a reputation for his coaching style, he rose to the high ranks of great hockey minds. Most notably, his career was a bench-mark for the expansion of the game south of the border... bringing the US to a new level of involvement in the game.

He recently had stints with the Penguins and coached the men's olympic hockey team in Salt Lake City... but his contributions off the ice to development camps and charities will be the lasting impression that this great player/coach/person will leave.

I salute you Herb.

:up:

Last edited:
it's actually on the from page of the pioneer press today (the st. paul paper).

i guess he was driving down the highway and people saw him veer right in his minivan then jerk to the left.

paramedics declared him dead on arrival, though they don't know why he veered like that.

he was coming back from a golf tournament that was for the hockey hall of fame.

He wasn't wearing a seat belt.

I read the betttttter Twin Cities paper today (the Minneapolis Star Tribune :wink: ) and they had some really nice pieces written by people all over the country.

He really was an amazing coach. Really got people to perform at a different level.

Monday was a sad day in Minnesota. And for the US.

Back
Top Bottom