In a big testje dreams stay with you.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:| I know now that all the men are the same,...i did lift the toiletseat up and not put it down again. :sigh:

KhanadaRhodes said:
ahh it's easy. you just figure 20% of the total. as for when to tip, a general rule of thumb is to tip whenever a service is provided before money is expected. (eating at a sit-down restaurant, getting your hair cut, etc.)

Tipping for getting your hair cut? :eyebrow:

Hey, I'm an IT consultant. So should I expect a tip too in the USA?
:)

:hyper: They are realy try to make me feel at home here,...dogpoop on the sidewalk :up:

I like the recycle containers also, for newspapers and bottles. I need to show how they work to ABEL :wink:

Next : Waiting for ABEL and making some lunch for her.

:)

Popmartijn said:
Tipping for getting your hair cut? :eyebrow:

Hey, I'm an IT consultant. So should I expect a tip too in the USA?
yeah! it's amazing how little these people make here in the states. my ex-husband is a waiter and he makes like $2.13 an hour. by comparison, make $10.30 an hour. it seems if you get tips then your employer isn't obligated to pay you as much. i really hate americans who don't agree with this so they protest by not tipping in places. when i worked with my mom, we went out to lunch with a friend of hers. she'd leave just her spare change from the bill - if that. she was an american so she knew better. so we'd have to leave more because fuck, we went to these places all the time and didn't want to be known as bad tippers. so we'd end up leaving more like 50-70% tip instead of the usual 20% to make up for her. needless to say, we stopped going out to eat with her after a while because it was too expensive.

i got my eyebrows waxed last week and i tipped $5. a bit excessive but it was only $10 and i didn't have any ones. you tip for a lot of stuff here in the states. i get my hair coloured and cut there as well and i tip for both. like i said, general rule of thumb is 20%.

and to answer your question, no an it consultant wouldn't get a tip here. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom