Important P.S.A.::::::::::

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Sufjan Stevens is, at the very least, 10 times as talented as you or anyone in your immediate family (unless you are related to Sufjan Stevens) could ever hope to be.

I'm 20 times more talented than Sufjan Stevens...but that's because I can tap out better songs with just a stick.

Lancemc said:
Sufjan Stevens is, at the very least, 10 times as talented as you or anyone in your immediate family (unless you are related to Sufjan Stevens) could ever hope to be.

Correction: Sufjan Stevens is, at the very least, 10 times LESS talented as you or anyone in your immediate family (unless you are related to Sufjan Stevens) could ever hope to be.

If you'd said Nels Cline is 10 times more talented than me or anyone in my family, I'd agree. Sufjan is pretty good at times, but you're giving him far too much credit.

Re: Re: Important P.S.A.::::::::::

Axver said:

Correction: Sufjan Stevens is, at the very least, 10 times LESS talented as you or anyone in your immediate family (unless you are related to Sufjan Stevens) could ever hope to be.

As always, you never cease to be an inspired master of wit and humour.

I simply don't know how you do it, sometimes. :shocked:

:rolleyes:

But really, this is just about how awesome Sufjan Stevens is. If you disagee you can leave, you'll be fined later. As for now, I'm going to listen to Greetings From Michigan: The Great Lakes State and wallow in my own worthlessness. :drool:

:corn:

Well, my family is pretty much musically untalented (if there is such a word), so Sufjan has no basis of comparison there. But I do agree that he's great. Illinoise is among my favorite albums. I love the super ultra large song titles as well.

Yeah, he's very talented. I like Illinois a lot.

I'm just starting to listen to his earlier stuff -- Year of the Asthmatic Cat! Enjoy Your Rabbit is kinda strange.

Seven Swans is really beautiful as well.

I suggest any fans of Illinoise pick that up as well. :yes:

Don't you have something to be blown away with in the movie foram, Lancelot?

Lancemc said:

Too bad half of Illinois is filler. Not that I don't enjoy it as whole...but...just saying.

I think Aunt Joni is more talented. :corn:

Sufjan Stevens is good, but is probabaly the most overrated fellows I've seen in awhile. 1 song kills then the next 3 are filler...

Canadiens1160 said:
Don't you have something to be blown away with in the movie foram, Lancelot?

This again, eh?

Man, you guys are really on fire here today with the comedy.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Sufjan Stevens is good, but is probabaly the most overrated fellows I've seen in awhile. 1 song kills then the next 3 are filler...

I can understand this view, except that a lot of the "filler" is usually just short little interludes that I actually find fairly interesting. His long-ass albums are usually filled with a bunch of lengthy, solid-to-great tracks, with little ditties here or there. I find it refreshing.

He's got some good stuff.

Casimir Pulaski Day :up:
Come On! Feel the Illinoise! :up:
Chicago :up:
No Man's Land :up:
The Avalanche :up:

I gotta agree that he's a little hit-or-miss, but when he hits it's all good.

Lancemc said:

I can understand this view, except that a lot of the "filler" is usually just short little interludes that I actually find fairly interesting. His long-ass albums are usually filled with a bunch of lengthy, solid-to-great tracks, with little ditties here or there. I find it refreshing.

I agree. If there's a filler on Illinois, I haven't found it yet. I think it's a masterpiece, beginning to end. I like the little transitional pieces, they're part of the flow, and it works for me. I discovered, though, that I can reach my fill of Sufjan and sometimes I have to put him away for a long time but then when I bring him back out, I just can't believe, again, how good he is. Overrated? Not a chance, imo. How can somebody who plays nearly every instrument on lush and complex arrangements honestly be called overrated? We can get sick of anything from listening to it too much, but that doesn't mean it's overrated. It just means it's time for a really good new record.

Back
Top Bottom