I'm taking my kitty to the vet tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wenda

New Yorker
I hope he's okay. He's been blinking his right eye for the past two days and it was tearing up earlier today.

So I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow to check it out. Hope the little punk is alright...

:(

wenda said:
I hope he's okay. He's been blinking his right eye for the past two days and it was tearing up earlier today.

So I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow to check it out. Hope the little punk is alright...

:(

One of my cats (Loki) got in a fight last year and got his eye scratched. I was really worried about it as it looked really nasty. I took him to the vet and they stitched his eyelid closed for a couple of weeks to allow the eye to heal. It did fine and we became great buddies during that time (he had been an outdoor cat -- he just strayed in -- but I couldn't let him out with a stitch in his eye, so I kept him in my bedroom). He's been my little snuggle bunny ever since. :)

I hope your kitty does well too. :) :hug:

Hope kitty is okay :hug:

5.gif

Good luck with kitty.. could be just a little eye infection that can be cleared right up with antibiotics or cream :hug:

So, I went with him and seems like he has a little...well, thingy on his eye. Not sure how to describe it. The vet put this stainer in his eye and then checked with the light and you can see a little line.

He gave me eyedrops for him and I'm supposed to take him back a week from today. I hope he lets me touch him with the eyedrops, lol. Something tells me it won't go over very well. :eek:

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! :happy:

Last edited:
Aw, poor little guy! You'll probably need an extra set of hands when you're putting the eyedrops in. One of my cats got an eye infection and just about killed me when I tried to put in her eyedrops. Still have the scars to prove it!

Hope your cat gets better......eyedrops usually help..........my dog has sensitive eyes and the drops work for him......but I guess it's a little harder to get a cat to stand still.

:hug:

Awww poor wee kitty! :hug: :hug: My mums' cat had a problem with her eye a few years back&the vet gave my mum eye drops for her&it cleared up fine :wink:

It looked so horrible at the time and i was so worried for a time :( but thankfully all was well! :happy: so i understand you being so worried and concerned! :wink:

Sounds like a corneal scratch - hopefully should heal fine with the drops - but make sure you do go back for the recheck, even if it seems like he is back to normal :)

bonosloveslave said:
Sounds like a corneal scratch - hopefully should heal fine with the drops - but make sure you do go back for the recheck, even if it seems like he is back to normal :)

It does sound like a corneal scratch. My dog had an abrasion on her eye just before my U2 show in Toronto. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to go, if surgery was needed. Luckily, the eyedrops kicked in and started healing the eye after about a week. My dog had the tearing too, which was frustrating, because I just wanted to make it better instantly. If the scratch is not too deep (if indeed that's the problem), the drops work very well...you just have to stay at it for a week or so.

Good luck to kitty...:up:

Back
Top Bottom