I'm so disgusted I'm ready to cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
I just spent an hour typing a reply for a post about some extremely important subject matter.
I even clicked on copy in case something happened and the post erased, which just happened to me the first time I tried to post it!!! (Some asshole kicked me off the comp the first time, so i had to go before i could finish.)
This time, I had a virtual masterpiece written!!! I had logged in, but when i finally clicked submit, it asked me to log in!!! So i did, and it just said no thread specified, or something like that! I clicked back, forward.....nothing. My post is gone. I checked to see if I could at least paste the part I had copied, but that was gone too!!!:scream:

WTF?!?!?! :mac:

Am i just computer illiterate, or what?! has this ever happened to anyone else here? Cant we get a save draft feature of some sort on here? I've never complained about this site before, and the first time this happened I was raging mad at myself since i figured it was my fault, but now I dont see how this could have been prevented! Type faster, maybe? dont take so long to post?Jaysus!!!
I dont need more aggravation, and my time allowed at comps is extremely limited - an hour at a time. I just wasted all of it!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
I realize how frustrating this is. Its happened to me before. Which is why I always copy long replies before I post, or click preview post. Elvis once told me that there was no way to change this.

:|

I did copy, that disappeared too.:mad:

I think, for long posts, i should type em up on an email acount, then copy and paste it onto here.
Now the problem will be finding an account of mine with space available on it for saving to draft! *sigh*

Yes... it is a painful lesson. Very annoying when you think you've written a "perfect" reply only to find it disappear before your eyes for no obvious reason.

As was stated, if you wrote something long or detailed, copy it (do it twice to be sure - or even copy and then paste it into another program, like Notepad, if you are really unsure) before you hit that submit button.

Try typing it in Microsoft Word first, that way you can save it, and paste it just before you post it. I've even gotten that way about long emails cuz I don't trust Hotmail.

i am computer illiterate

Poor Miss Mac, I have done the same thing several times. What usually happens to me after that is I go and try to redo it and it is a weak hurried attempt to capture my lost masterpiece.

Yeah, Abel,it has happened to me with emails too :rolleyes:

But what I dont understand, why did it say i wasnt logged in? I was. If youre not logged in when youre trying to post, you get that message , but then itll go right back to that thread, which is convenient.
I dont really have any room on my accounts to save anything, maybe i need to sign up and get a new one. *sigh*
Plus it takes more time.

Z Edge: Right, it just isnt the same post the 2nd time around. Esp with my overcrowded memory!

Last edited:
Oh yes, that has happened to this long winded writer many times! It was terrible! I had a fit! The first time I thought it was a fluke, the second time I learned to select all and save my post just in case. Now I almost expect it and save it whenever I take more than a few minutes to do something, even pic posting. I think it happens when you've been idle too long (as in writing a long diatribe) I thought I was the only one and was lame so I was afraid to say anything, but this is exactly what happened to me.

i hate that...another one that messes with me from time to time is the flood control.......i always have 2 windows of interference open because i have dialup, so sometimes i spend time on each one, going back and forth....then i post one, wait a bit, then post the other and it's stupid flood control...........ugh!

I usually write them in microsoft word first. Especially when I'm writing long long e-mails with HTML codes. Sometimes my stupid computer refreshes suddenly and what I wrote would be completely gone...

Flood control didn't bother me much though. If you can write a reply within 1 min usually it won't be very long, so typing it again is not really hard. Or maybe that's just me...

Back
Top Bottom