I'm seeing The Rolling Stones at the Orpheum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
Ticketmaster.com, I love you (at least this morning). I got through for a pair of Stones tix at the Orpheum theater in Boston. Lousy seats, but in a 2800 seat thaeter, even he lousy seats are good.
To quote Homer Simpson: "WOO HOO!"

that's awesome! got an extra ticket?

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

I think the wife will divorce me if I take anyone besides her.
smile.gif

Yay-so am I. I've never been there before
redface.gif
Wow-only 2800
eek.gif

I can't believe my luck

I'm taking my Mom-the Stones are almost as 'old' as she is
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

OMG-Mick is only 7 years younger..
eek.gif
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 05-11-2002).]

Wow Gina...That's great. I was so sure when I filled out the purchase page I was gonna get ticketmaster's "Busy- too many users trying to process transactions" message, that I almost didn't believe my eyes when I had seats. Got row Y in the balcony, almost as bad as you can get, but I'm in the house.

Great Mother's Day gift you got for Mom(My mother's only geting some chocolates and scratch tickets
smile.gif
).

I'm in the balcony too.
I think my comp clock said 10:06 when I got mine-they sold out in about 10-15 minutes.

Do you know who the opening act is? I read The Pretenders are opening at CMGI-I would love to see them. When I was younger, I always wanted to be Chrissie Hynde
biggrin.gif
She's so
cool.gif
Mick said Sheryl Crow and No Doubt might be opening for some of the shows.

I've never seen the Stones live
redface.gif
,so I'm really looking forward to it.

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~
~The more people I meet the more I like my dog~

i got tix for the united center show!! i'm so excited. i can't believe ticketmaster came through. i only had to refresh the page about eight kabillion times. yay!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

Do you know who the opening act is? I read The Pretenders are opening at CMGI-I would love to see them.
I read in one place that the Pretenders were opening Boston, Chicago, Philly and NY. But I haven't been able to confirm that yet. That would make the show that much better.
I've seen the Stones 5 times, 4 in Foxboro and once at The Fleetcenter. Seeing them at the Orpheum will be one of those shows people will likely talk about for years to come.
Now you say you've never been to the Orpheum...a warning. If Sep 8 is a hot day, prepare to sweat. This can be the hottest building in the city. Their air conditioning system consists of opening exit doors to fire escapes in the alley to hope for a breeze. Every show I've seen there has had a .50 or $1.00 "restoration fee" tacked on to the ticket, and in the 15 yrs I've been going, I swear they have done nothing...not even a paint job. The place needs a Wang Center style rehab, its pretty much a dump, the seats are old, the paint is peeling off the ceiling and there is no AC. The balcony also has a tendency to "bounce" a bit when the crowd is enjoying a good show. But its gonna be one great night.
smile.gif

OK-thanks for the info-hoping for a cool day. Reminds me of the old Garden. My Mom told me she saw Sinatra at the Orpheum, so it probably hasn't changed much since then.
biggrin.gif

If you go to their web site
www.rollingstones.com

you can sign up to get e-mail updates, and supposedly once you have a concert ticket (but for will call, I dunno how this works)you get free fan club membership. Accdg to the site, they're filming a concert DVD-maybe it will be at the Orpheum.

Originally posted by Hewson:
Ticketmaster.com, I love you (at least this morning). I got through for a pair of Stones tix at the Orpheum theater in Boston. Lousy seats, but in a 2800 seat thaeter, even he lousy seats are good.
To quote Homer Simpson: "WOO HOO!"

Please don't brag about Stones tickets. It makes me angry and jealous since I cannot get tix for Roseland or MSG(Giants Stadium has seats near the top of the stadium for $100---f--- that!; btw, if anyone has access to MSG or Roseland tix, feel free to contact me-MBH)

Back
Top Bottom