Im really falling for Snow Patrol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^Yup:|

Update...I just downloaded Chasing Cars and Spitting Games....

See what happens they get played on the radio but I sometimes dont know who the band is because the DJs dont announc eit or right after a song they go to commercials..so I never get the song names and sometimes artists..

Doesnt help to watch MTV or VH1 either because they dont play as much music as they used to :mad:

Recently became a huge fan. I had 'When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up' some years ago but never listened to it and then gave it away. Then about 2 years later they broke big with 'Final Straw' and I was kicking myself for giving the prior away lol. 'Eyes Open' was my cd of the summer, it really defined some things that happened to me. So now I've rebought 'When It's All Over..." and just bought 'Songs for Polar Bears' to complete the collection; actually I just bought their live EP "Live and Acoustic at Park Ave" tonight lol. Unlike a lot of bands these days, I can see them around for a long career:)

Snow Patrol is from Ireland (but formed in Scotland while they were in school). They've been around for quite awhile, but, like U2jer said, only really got big following "Final Straw" in 2004. If you're in the US, they didn't get a lot of play until Zack Braff stuck "Chocolate" on his soundtrack for Garden State. (I think that was the song, either that or "Spitting Games")

They are a great band :yes: I've seen them live twice

I would definitely recommend Final Straw if you're planning on becoming a superfan :D

Check out the Content area of the site, too... Carrie Alison (HelloAngel) did an interview with them in mid 2005 and she also posted a concert review of SP in NYC

hippy said:
Snow Patrol is from Ireland (but formed in Scotland while they were in school). They've been around for quite awhile, but, like U2jer said, only really got big following "Final Straw" in 2004. If you're in the US, they didn't get a lot of play until Zack Braff stuck "Chocolate" on his soundtrack for Garden State. (I think that was the song, either that or "Spitting Games")

They are a great band :yes: I've seen them live twice

I would definitely recommend Final Straw if you're planning on becoming a superfan :D

Check out the Content area of the site, too... Carrie Alison (HelloAngel) did an interview with them in mid 2005 and she also posted a concert review of SP in NYC

ooooohhhhh!!! Thank you for this info...Yes Im in the US, so I guess sthey are new here..Im doing searches on them right now and Im checking out the songs....Spitting Games is great...Im still trying to find that song I heard on a Make poverty history clip on youtube but i cant find it ...:mad:
It was such a beautiful song and haunting melody...
Im definatley checking out Final Straw..:D:up:

redkat said:
I'm a big SP fan. There is another band I just found out about Vega4 anyone know them? They sound A LOT like snow patrol which could be good or bad I guess.

But if you like snow patrol check em out. http://www.vega4.com/

Thank you Redkat...I really like Vega4

An Irishman, Canadian, New Zealander, and an Englishman...great combo!!!.....Thank you for pointing them out RK
I will definately listen to more of their stuf....:cool:

Back
Top Bottom