I'm not sure about Pearl Jam...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
Ten is great to listen to once in a while for nostalgia purposes :wink: but yeah, I too listen to the other albums like No Code, Yield and Binaural a lot more! All said and done, Ten restricts itself to grunge and there's so much more diversity in the other albums. But as far as absolute rockers go, I don't think they've really topped Evenflow, Alive or Jeremy yet.

Rockers like Corduroy, Do the Evolution, Brain of J or Go kick the shit out of those Ten classics, IMHO. Which says enough since those three are fuckin' amazing.

greenlight7-11 said:

How is that possible? Live's first album came out in 1992 and PJ's first album came out in 1991. Having said that, I don't hear any similarities between their vocals in the first place.

Um, no. Live had an EP release early 91 and then Mental Jewelery late 91.

And as said before an album before that under a different name.

Ten's official release was 8/27/91
Mental Jewelry was 12/31/91.

That timeline alone makes it hard for one Ed to intentionally be ripping off the other Ed.
Add in the fact that Ten didn't really take off on radio immediately and the fact that Live had been together for a couple of years in PA before EdVed moved to Seattle and hooked up with Stone, Jeff and Mike...

Kowalczyk is not a Vedder clone.
Stapp maybe, Kroeger maybe, but not Ed K.

The OOTS said:
It is a great album...but there are more interesting albums in their catalog.

:up: exactly how i feel.

ten is pretty straight forward... still some great great tunes on that album, but i can't remember the last time i listened to the album from top to bottom (which now i will today just because it's been so long).

the album i listen to straight through the most is probably no code, with vs. and yield probably coming in second and third as far as album play goes.

how about Vitalogy?

I never hear anyone talk about that one.

Better Man, Corduroy, Spin the Black Circle, Not for You...

:drool:

Ok, Ed K. was a bad example, but I stick with the others.

Ok, now I have a question: Is the RearViewMirror compilation worth buying on ITunes? Is it a good compilation?

Hewson said:
Ten's official release was 8/27/91
Mental Jewelry was 12/31/91.

That timeline alone makes it hard for one Ed to intentionally be ripping off the other Ed.
Add in the fact that Ten didn't really take off on radio immediately and the fact that Live had been together for a couple of years in PA before EdVed moved to Seattle and hooked up with Stone, Jeff and Mike...
Exactly. This is kind of the point I was trying to make. I got the release year mixed up, but yeah.
Nisse said:
Live's first release was in 1989, under the name Public Affection
Yes, but the Public Affection album can barely even be called a commercial release. It was mainly sold at gigs, so it wouldn't really have had wide enough distribution for people to be ripping it off.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
how about Vitalogy?

Not to mention the albums 2 best songs...Tremor Christ and Whipping.
Also Satan's Bed.

Get Rearviewmirror! It's a great compilation! Vitalogy is also a great album! I love Immortality! That one's about Cobain.

LemonMacPhisto said:
how about Vitalogy?

Best Pearl Jam album. I think of it as an concept album (which justifies the "weird" tracks; I for one love Bugs, Pry To is an excellent intro to Corduroy, although Stupid Mop is a bit too much). Immortality is my favorite track, Corduroy is the best rocker they ever did, Nothingman is a beautiful ballad and I just love the punk side of the album with Spin the Black Circle and Whipping. Satan's Bed lyrics are hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom