I'm not ashamed to say I love...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:
There are a couple of Bon Jovi songs I am hooked on.

And worse yet, a Journey tune.

Both great bands IMO....Steve Perry had an amazing voice and yes I love, love, love me some Bon Jovi :combust:

Ok....

So, I went to see U2 a ton of times on the Elevation Tour, and I was living in LA at the time. For this particular show at Staples, we were seated facing the soundboard...in front of the soundboard was the celebrity pit, which in LA, fills up.

I watched the celebrities file into the pit, and they included Tom Cruise, Cameron Crowe, Eddie Vedder, Val Kilmer, Billy Zane, Hanson, Pat O'Brien of all people, a few others I forget, and Jon Bon Jovi.

Now, it was hard to just watch the band, it was interesting to watch this group watch the show.....and, all of them were into it, to varying degrees....Hanson was the most into it, all 3 of 'em, they were going nuts....hard to see everyone, but, heads were moving, bodies, etc.....all except for Jon Bon Jovi. He stood dead still throughout the whole show. He was closest to me, so I got a good look at him. He did not move a muscle, he did not applaud, he looked bored and I almost vaulted over the railing in front of me to attack him.

That's all.

He is such a sour puss.

But at least he's not as gross as Richie Sambora who looks to me like he's a walking disease.

U2isthebest said:
Maybe he was just pissed about something. I can't imagine him going to a U2 show if he actually hated them.

He maybe went to be seen. Who knows. I just know that he could not have looked less interested. I admit, it bothered me.

anitram said:
He is such a sour puss.

But at least he's not as gross as Richie Sambora who looks to me like he's a walking disease.

Oh God. Richie Sambora. :barf:

No spoken words said:
Ok....

So, I went to see U2 a ton of times on the Elevation Tour, and I was living in LA at the time. For this particular show at Staples, we were seated facing the soundboard...in front of the soundboard was the celebrity pit, which in LA, fills up.

I watched the celebrities file into the pit, and they included Tom Cruise, Cameron Crowe, Eddie Vedder, Val Kilmer, Billy Zane, Hanson, Pat O'Brien of all people, a few others I forget, and Jon Bon Jovi.

Now, it was hard to just watch the band, it was interesting to watch this group watch the show.....and, all of them were into it, to varying degrees....Hanson was the most into it, all 3 of 'em, they were going nuts....hard to see everyone, but, heads were moving, bodies, etc.....all except for Jon Bon Jovi. He stood dead still throughout the whole show. He was closest to me, so I got a good look at him. He did not move a muscle, he did not applaud, he looked bored and I almost vaulted over the railing in front of me to attack him.

That's all.

I heart Bon Jovi regardless.....

I love both songs mentioned by Toto. I love a lot of Journey songs. I love a handful of Bon Jovi songs.

I also love a handful of Def Leppard songs.

What can I say? I'm a lover, not a fighter.

corianderstem said:
I love both songs mentioned by Toto.

I miiiiiiiiss the raaaaaaaaaains down in Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaafrica.

^

I sang it that way ALWAYS. No kidding.

corianderstem said:
I love both songs mentioned by Toto. I love a lot of Journey songs. I love a handful of Bon Jovi songs.

What can I say? I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Sometimes we do not agree, but tonight, we do!

:)

I also like "I Won't Hold You Back" by Toto. Go figure.

anitram said:

I miiiiiiiiss the raaaaaaaaaains down in Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaafrica.

^

I sang it that way ALWAYS. No kidding.

At least that's better than...

I guess it rains down in Aaaaaaaaaaaafrica

That's how I used to sing it. :lol:

corianderstem said:

My friends cousin was married to the one-armed drummer in the late 80's (she's the one who called the cops over domestic violence, leaving me to wonder how someone couldn't protect themselves against a guy with one arm, but I digress), and got us like 5th row seats for the Hysteria tour.

It was awesome, in all its frosted and shredded denim glory.

lazarus said:
They were still opening with Stage Fright on that tour.

"I said welcome to my show!!!!"

My GF dragged me to a Z100 special concert at MSG in 1991 or so, and the 3 acts were:

Richard Marx

then

Bryan Adams

then

Def Leppard

No spoken words said:

My GF dragged me to a Z100 special concert at MSG in 1991 or so, and the 3 acts were:

Richard Marx

then

Bryan Adams

then

Def Leppard

My friend was into all that stuff. I was more of a metalhead, so Def Leppard was about the lightest stuff I could tolerate.

I had about 25-30 Iron Maiden posters, covering every bit of space on my walls.

My favorites:

iron_maiden_-_2_minutes_to_midnight.jpg

A politically-conscious song about the dangers of nuclear proliferation.

single16_stranger_a_small.jpg

Gotta love the Star Wars/Clint Eastwood mixed homage.

I never got into Metal....I was a U2/REM fan early on, and so I sought out bands like that. Echo and the Bunnymen, too, were favorites of mine back in the day.

Catherine Wheel, a band I love, was fronted by the cousin of Maiden's singer.

I learned that the first time I heard Catherine Wheel. The DJ was like "the lead singer is Bruce Dickinson's brother!" Or cousin, whatever.

They both have good singing voices, but Bruce has a more powerful set of pipes.

Bruce was also a competitive fencer, and wrote children's books. There's some trivia for ya.

Back
Top Bottom