I'm going to see Stereolab tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung_Bebe

New Yorker
I'm going to see Stereolab in Dallas tomorrow (March 25th). I've recently started listening to their music. I don't normally listen to this style of music--not sure how to classify it (it's synthesizer heavy, somewhat cryptic/peculiar lyrics) but I have been enjoying the new album, "Fab Four Suture" (although the opening and closing tracks -- Kyberneticka Babicka Pt 1 & Pt 2--take some getting used to). My favorite so far off the album is "Eye of the Volcano" -- there's some cool synthesizing at 3:36 (it brings back fond memories of the Walt Disney electrical light parade) I'm looking forward to the show--it's one stop on their roughly 1-month long tour in the US.

My brother's been a big fan for a couple of years, in fact he's the one who got me the ticket. He wants to start up a tribute band and recently purchased an Alesis ION Analog-Modeling Synthesizer off the internet save the fact he's never struck a key before in his life :lmao:

Does anyone else here like Stereolab? I don't believe they've enjoyed much popular success, plus I didn't notice a link in the band index--which is, of course, the ultimate measure of greatness (haha). :wink:

Wow! I never thought I'd hear of that name Stereolab ever again after my old roommate Jacob moved out! He was a fan and even saw them live once in NYC. I haven't heard (or don't remember) any of their stuff.

Zootlesque said:
Wow! I never thought I'd hear of that name Stereolab ever again after my old roommate Jacob moved out!

never say never :wink: I don't have a wealth of knowledge on them yet, although maybe you could check out that song "Eye of the Volcano" and see what you think. Also, their 2001 album "Sound Dust" is pretty cool.

maybe your old roomate Jacob should collaborate w/ my brother for the tribute band. :hmm: he's thinking to call it "Stereolabulous" :cool:

Achtung_Bebe said:
Does anyone else here like Stereolab?

I guess that's a "no" :lol:

The show was great :up: there were only 700 people in a theatre accomodating 6700; much of the theatre was blocked off though so it wasn't made glaringly obvious during the show. My biggest complaint would have to be the $10 I shelled out for a margarita to find out it was itty bitty and just such an incredible joke. I mean, I knew it'd be a joke, but this was incredible. Eh, I should have expected such out of a place called Nokia Theatre.

Aaaaaand I shall now step back so this thread may fall rapidly once again.

Back
Top Bottom