I'm going on a cruise- any tips you can give me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by redkat

One of my best friends didn't like the patch. If I remember right it had to do with consuming alcohol while wearing it.

It depends on how much alcohol is consumed. 1 or 2 drinks of beer or wine per day would be alright without reducing any of the effects from using the patch. I would not recommend drinking anything stronger (such as hard liquor) ... since the alcohol proof level does make the overall difference with every person.

The best advice to give is.... Have fun and take it all in.

Cruises are wonderful!! I've been on 3 Carnival and my last cruise in June was on Royal Caribbean. She was an amazing ship!!!

Best thing to do is to leave reality behind and relax. Don't play by the rules or live by time tables. There is so much to do on the ships these days that you'll go crazy trying to do everything -- so just do what you feel like at the moment you feel it. I would suggest going to the evening shows though as they do not disappoint.

I'd agree on a point made earlier about food. Order more than one choice of dinner. The staff in the dining room are amazing and they will learn your likes and dislikes pretty quickly. All food is included so if there is something you don't like, ask for another. If two deserts catch your eye, get them both.

I get sick in the backseat of a car, like redkat, so I’ve taken Bonine (like Dramamine). It works like a charm if taken religiously. I’ve experienced rough seas on all of my cruises except for my trek to Bermuda on Royal. One was so bad that they closed all outside decks because of the wind and the degree of rocking. The Bonine helped with the nauseous feelings, but I still experienced dizziness. Though if taking meds, I should have kept alcohol to a minimum…… I somehow found that taking in a few daiquiri’s “balanced” me out and I didn’t feel so green and dizzy anymore……though I would never outright suggest drinking. Hum de dum….. :shifty:

I hope you are all packed and ready to go tomorrow!!!

Enjoy and have fun!!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom