ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI 2001 Big Ten Champs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
Yeah I know I'll be lucky to get 2 replies to this thread but we kick ass baby goin to a January big ol BCS bowl game finally winning the Big Ten title outright after OSU spanked Michigan!!!!!

Kittner rocks!!! So do Brandon Lloyd and Rocky Harvey and hell the whole damn team is awesome! Great season, and we're sure proud of them.

Man, that feels good. Now to play the waiting game to see who we play and where we go.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Congratulations, Foxxern!

This season has definitely taken it's time to turn out as it has. A few weeks ago, I would have promised a Miami-Oklahoma Rose Bowl, then it changed to Miami-Nebraska, and now who knows? Probably Miami-Florida, which is crazy since both teams are on the other side of the country from Pasadena.

So are you predicting a Fiesta Bowl for Illinois?

P.S. Also a few wekks ago, I wouldn't have thought Alabama would be bowl-hopeful, but it all comes down to Southern Miss this Thursday night. At least if we go to a no-name bowl, we may face a big-name opponent like F.S.U. or Penn State. Here's hoping.

~U2Alabama

Yeah, it's a crazy season. I was utterly shocked at the goings-on in college football this past weekend. Oklahoma lost, Nebraska got slaughtered, and Ohio St helped us out a good amount beating Michigan. Let's see if Florida can beat Tennessee while Miami beats Va Tech. If not, it could get even crazier.

Right now, looks like we'll end up in the Fiesta Bowl, though the Orange Bowl isn't out of reach. It's just too hard to say.

Good luck to Alabama too. I was actually an Auburn fan when I lived in Alabama, but Alabama has such a rich history. They're one of those teams that you expect to do well. I don't like Penn St, but it looks like they could defy all expectations and go to a bowl game.

I wouldn't make any bets till it's all decided on Dec 9.

------------------

I didn't know you had lived here before. Our very own Achtung Bubba is a huge Auburn fan. Perhaps you have seen some of our battle threads. Oddly, I am married to an Auburn grad/fan, with whom I had the pleasure of watching the Iron Bowl last week. Considering Auburn beat Florida regular season, I think it is yet to early to count Auburn out for the SEC title, which would put them in the Orange or Sugar. But first they must get past LSU this weekend. We'll see.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by Foxxern:
I don't like Penn St, but it looks like they could defy all expectations and go to a bowl game.

EASY!!!!

I congratulate you for finally beating us, but it would have been mighty interesting if our QB didn't get hurt in the first quarter.

Good luck in Tempe!

Bama-- PSU v. Tide... love to see it!

WHOOO HOOO!!! Let's hear it for my alma mater!!! ILL-INI!!! What a fantastic season considering my first year at U of I they didn't win a single game! I really wish the Rose bowl wasn;t the big game this year...

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Changing the subject to basketball: Foxxern, your Illini (ranked #2) are about to lose to the Maryland Turrtles (#4); 71 to 58 with 1:30 left. I see them switching places in the polls.

~U2Alabama

P.S. And the Terps fans have begun their "O-VER-RA-TED!" chant. I hated hearing that out at UCLA last year.

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Changing the subject to basketball: Foxxern, your Illini (ranked #2) are about to lose to the Maryland Turrtles (#4); 71 to 58 with 1:30 left. I see them switching places in the polls.

~U2Alabama

P.S. And the Terps fans have begun their "O-VER-RA-TED!" chant. I hated hearing that out at UCLA last year.

Well, we are overrated. I was pretty shocked to see that #2 ranking when the polls came out. We sure haven't played like it this year. At least peope will start to put a little heat on our team, and they might get scared of not meeting expectations.

But there's a long way to go this season. Hold on tight.

------------------

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
WHOOO HOOO!!! Let's hear it for my alma mater!!! ILL-INI!!! What a fantastic season considering my first year at U of I they didn't win a single game! I really wish the Rose bowl wasn;t the big game this year...

Cool, good to see another fellow Illini on here. So I assume you were a freshman back in 1997 then. They've come a long way since then--from winless to Big Ten champs. It's pretty cool. I can't wait to see them on national TV playing in a January bowl game. I also hope Kittner gets drafted by a good team pretty early. So much excitement, and a good time to be an Illini fan.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom