I'll give you everything you want....including a new DESCRIBE thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember I was in a game store in an Airport in Portugal, and I was playing FIFA, and this kid came up and challenged me to a game. And asked me where I was from the conversation went something like this

"Ireland"
"Where?"
"Ireland"
"Ohhh England"
"I said Ireland"
"So England"
"No Ireland!!!!"
"Like I said England"

And he had an American accent :wink:

^^ Hey :wave:

Does American geography list Ireland as a country, or as part of Britain because a lot of Americans seem to get this wrong

:wave: hey lemonchick

^^^^god people are dumb :rolleyes:

^no, americans just don't care because it doesn't really involve us, and they probably are thinking of northern ireland as part of britain and assume the rest of ireland goes along with it...

^Here in Canada it's listed as a country...but some people still think that it's part of Britain....:shrug:

<currently declaring South West England as part of the Holy Irish Empire:wink:

^^well Northern Ireland is not part of Britain..it is part of the UK but not Britain...Britain is England, Scotland and Wales minus NI

:wave: hey disco!

^^^our geography books are usually at least 10 years old, so a bunch of countries are all wrong, especially in africa and the middle east

^scene in family guy showing Ireland to be a highly advanced civilisation 10,000 years ago, then one of them invents alcohol...quite amusing:p

^^^^yeah, that's why we end up using maps off the internet instead...and this is why we need computers in american schools :wink:

^^:hug: i'm sorry, did you get into another school?

LJT said:
^^^haha since ive been in England ive had someone asking me was i German and another asking me if i was American:eyebrow:

:lmao: When I think back to the Irish teachers we had at school they were nearly all called Scottish even though one of them had one of the strongest Belfast accents you've ever heard in your life. :hmm: Perhaps someone should redo the Englishman, Scotsman, Welshman and Irishman jokes so the English are the stupid ones...

TheQuiet1 said:

:lmao: When I think back to the Irish teachers we had at school they were nearly all called Scottish even though one of them had one of the strongest Belfast accents you've ever heard in your life. :hmm: Perhaps someone should redo the Englishman, Scotsman, Welshman and Irishman jokes so the English are the stupid ones...

Actually i forgot that too, about a week ago a guy on a bus goes:

'So what part of Scotland are you from?'

i just gave :eyebrow: that look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom