If you started a band today.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

Oh, Your Gerunds! is way too cool [read: head too far up ass] to allow such noise to open for us. also, Oh, Your Gerunds! will never be popular enough for an opening band like Doom Horse.

however, Doom Horse should definitely open for Chainlink Aggression. The Unseen will open for Doom Horse on their tour. Deal?

I think that works. Can we cover Chainlink Aggressions cover of "Bulls on Parade"? Also, I might have my other band, The Kick-Jack Maghees, open for the Unseen when they open for Doom Horse, if that is ok?

We're all booked to play Space Moon's 365 day music festival, by the way.

LemonMelon said:

If I were record, no...wait...craft a prog album, it would be a single 165 minute song. When the record company tells the band that it won't be able to fit on not just one, but two discs, and can't be released, I'll throw the tape into a paper shredder in a fit of righteous anger, thereby cutting the tape into thousands of tiny pieces. The remaining pieces will all be burned onto individual discs and sold. The (approximately 1,134) discs will have to be played all at the exact same time for full effect. There will be a festival in the Sahara Desert where I will gather together 1,134 people so that the world may witness the glory of what I will dub "Hypsilophodon".

The only vocals on the album will be me imitating a Tibetan monk run through a vocoder, run through a tin can, run through an octave pedal, then run through another vocoder. The first 14 minutes of the album will be simply one guitar note delayed over and over.

:drool: quoted for awesomeness :drool:

:rockon: get to it

I would call the band the The Pragmatic Man Whores. Each show would begin with the lead singer walking slowly out on a dimly lit stage with just an electric guitar. He would play only minor chords as he delivered a soliloquey [sic] on the state of the world, on his father's lack of affection, on his overall sadness and disappointment. He may even hum a few bars of "I Can't Smile Without You". He would ask everyone in the audience to join hands and weep as one and to offer their tears as a sacrifice to all of those that are in pain. He would talk about his friendships with Conor Oberlst and Michael Stipe. When the crowd was thoroughly bummed out and weepy, he would slowly lift his head, hoping that a lone tear was caught in the spotlight and then he would announce, "THIS IS A SONG ABOUT MONKEYS!" and would rock the fuck out to a rock-funk hybrid for the next three hours.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Groovetastic Funk Explosion. You know that name is a winner.

I'd buy their album on speculation alone. :drool: Too bad In Rainbows is taken as a title--would've been so perfect.

Arabica Bean. Either the name of my band, or my first-born child.

UberBeaver said:
I would call the band the The Pragmatic Man Whores. Each show would begin with the lead singer walking slowly out on a dimly lit stage with just an electric guitar. He would play only minor chords as he delivered a soliloquey [sic] on the state of the world, on his father's lack of affection, on his overall sadness and disappointment. He may even hum a few bars of "I Can't Smile Without You". He would ask everyone in the audience to join hands and weep as one and to offer their tears as a sacrifice to all of those that are in pain. He would talk about his friendships with Conor Oberlst and Michael Stipe. When the crowd was thoroughly bummed out and weepy, he would slowly lift his head, hoping that a lone tear was caught in the spotlight and then he would announce, "THIS IS A SONG ABOUT MONKEYS!" and would rock the fuck out to a rock-funk hybrid for the next three hours.

Is this a side project...or is Douche Monkey the side project...:confused:

Neither are side projects - both are just different outlets for my art. Hitter of Shit RITE is a side project though. I've always wanted to put out an album of smoove love ballads, so I formed Hitter of Shit RITE - which is just me, a mandolin/lute/lyre and a drum machine. It's kinda like when Clapton made that album of blues songs - only HoSR is more interesting and relevant.

America and the Jesusband would feature me as America, the lead singer and rhythm guitarist. Jesus would be playing lead guitar (or John Frusciante - that's as close as you can get ). Our bass player would be Mike Huckabee, since he loves Jesus and America, and plays bass. And then our drummer would be Stevie Wonder.

And every single we release will feature T-Pain.

phillyfan26 said:
America and the Jesusband would feature me as America, the lead singer and rhythm guitarist. Jesus would be playing lead guitar (or John Frusciante - that's as close as you can get ). Our bass player would be Mike Huckabee, since he loves Jesus and America, and plays bass. And then our drummer would be Stevie Wonder.

And every single we release will feature T-Pain.

Produced by Timbaland...:yes:

The Gnomes Of Destruction! :rockon:

In college, my buddies and I joked about starting a band with that name. It's part Floyd inspired... it's like a rockier Floyd. :wink:

Saracene said:
Yggdrasill

I have a weakness for Norse mythology. On the downside, no one will ever know how to pronounce or spell my band's name, :hmm:

There already is a band with that name :nerd:

For a long time I've fantasized about being in a heavy metal band called Crib Deth.

Whenever I get a new cell phone or iPod and have to enter a name for it I always use that.

And to think that Chrissie Hynde apparently wanted to name one of her earlier bands Mike Hunt's Honourable Discharge...:shifty:

I would probably go with something less provocative like The 72 White Raisins, or something just plain ungrand and annoying such as Coming Soon.

Or The Wilhelm Screamers.

Back
Top Bottom