If you like u2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macfistowannabe said:
E-mail you? :lmao:

Should you be that private about your musical tastes?

whatever.

it's your best bet at getting a good answer. judging by a lot of people's tastes here, it looks like they should have emailed me a long time ago...

E-mail in general is a waste of my time and yours. Especially when we can participate on this forum.

Thank you.

:flirt:

but I liked that it was for Mcphistowannabe

*edit: imagine that I quoted to Zoomerang

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
judging by a lot of people's tastes here, it looks like they should have emailed me a long time ago...
Judging by a lot of people's tastes here, they are wired a little differently than you are, which doesn't always have to be a bad thing, you know?

Macfistowannabe said:
Judging by a lot of people's tastes here, they are wired a little differently than you are, which doesn't always have to be a bad thing, you know?

perhaps.

but my opinions are to be respected as fact, and anything less would just be embarassing for all parties involved. :shh:

jack, what do you want now? huh? are you trying to kiss the babes?

at any rate, should anyone be interested in learning about my magnificent and divine taste in music, email me at caisenma@gmail.com

i don't promise a reply, but i can gaurantee you that i'll read it.

u2popmofo said:

Seriously, that is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.... I have never heard a single one of either of their songs that sounds remotely alike.

are we talking about the same band? because I'm not even sure....
is keane the band that has the song out that's heavy on the piano with the singer that sounds alot like thom yorke?
I think the name of the song is "somewhere only we know" or something like that...

then yes, I liked them alot more when they were Radiohead.
:madspit:

I can't tolerate The Killers and Snow Patrol and Keane and I know they are popular but I don't see why.

And now there is a whole emergence of bands like that such as Franz Ferdinand, The Kaiser Chiefs and The Futureheads. At first, those bands were a little different and now they are all the same. They can't really sing, their songs that are in the charts all sound the same, they all have lead singers who squeal and they all wear suits and trousers that don't fit and think they look and sound "cool".

I'm really waiting for some great band to blow al this type of music out of the water. There are great bands around at the moment, and some great artists releasing new albums this year, that I think people should pay more attention to.

Franz and The Futureheads are the archetypical Gang Of Four rip offs, The Killers I still like ableit with less passion, although I bring more music to the table.........

10CC
Aqualung
Billy Joel
The Beach Boys
The Black Heart Procession
Viva Stereo
Bob Marley
The Buzzcocks
The Talking Heads
The Eagles
Elefant
Gary Numan
Graham Coxon
Groove Armada
INXS
Kate Bush
Mando Diao
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
The Ponys
Scott Walker
Stellastar
Tom Vek
VHS or Beta
Yann Tiersen
DJ Tiesto
Outkast
Random Horse
Tom Waits
The Subways

Last edited:
JOFO said:

are we talking about the same band? because I'm not even sure....
is keane the band that has the song out that's heavy on the piano with the singer that sounds alot like thom yorke?
I think the name of the song is "somewhere only we know" or something like that...

then yes, I liked them alot more when they were Radiohead.
:madspit:

Your claims are intriguing.

What Radiohead song do you think "Somewhere Only We Know" sounds like?

And for what it's worth, I don't think anyone in the music business sounds like Thom Yorke. Not even a little bit.

HeartlandGirl said:

Your claims are intriguing.

What Radiohead song do you think "Somewhere Only We Know" sounds like?

And for what it's worth, I don't think anyone in the music business sounds like Thom Yorke. Not even a little bit.

I would say if you stack up the vocal on "Karma Police" against "somewhere Only We Know" the similarites are there. The fact that they're an alternative band with acoustic piano playing those kinds of chords, major 7ths and the like, instantly radiohead comes to mind.
it's just my opinion by the way.
why people are getting upset over the comparison is kinda weird.

ZeroDude said:
Franz and The Futureheads are the archetypical Gang Of Four rip offs, The Killers I still like ableit with less passion, although I bring more music to the table.........

VHS or Beta

FF and Futureheads maybe are rip offs of Gang of Four but... well... the albums are amazing

VHS On Beta, yeah, nothing similar to... The Rapture, !!!, etc.

JOFO said:

why people are getting upset over the comparison is kinda weird.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not upset. Just wanted to discuss music and know why you thought they were similar. Thanks for responding.

Jack In The Box said:

FF and Futureheads maybe are rip offs of Gang of Four but... well... the albums are amazing

VHS On Beta, yeah, nothing similar to... The Rapture, !!!, etc.

Touche:wink:

i beg your pardon?

all i want is him to be bannished to the northern depths of siberia, preferably 400 miles north of tobolsk.

you heard me.

Back
Top Bottom