If you had to choose only one of these RHCP CDs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you like more?

• Californication

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Jupiter - Disc 1 of Stadium Arcadium

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Numb1075 said:
Porcelain = U2s Grace

That is true. But Porcelain > Grace. :drool:

No LMP, Grace can't be called U2's Porcelain because Porcelain is quite U2-ey whereas Grace is not RHCP-ish. :huh:

:wink:

^:huh:

Stadium Arcadium Disc 1 is beating Californication? I am surprised too. It is Californication for me - the first 6 songs (with the exception of Get On Top) are amongst my fave Chili's tunes.

I think someone above said something similar but Californication sounds more 'complete' to me as an album. With Stadium Arcadium (Jupiter and Mars) - maybe because there are so many songs and a few on Disc 2 that I think could've been left off - I can't quite get into as much - despite the fact that there are some great songs on it.

Zootlesque said:

That is true. But Porcelain > Grace. :drool:

No LMP, Grace can't be called U2's Porcelain because Porcelain is quite U2-ey whereas Grace is not RHCP-ish. :huh:

:wink:

I just meant it that way because the awesomeness that is Californication pre-dates ATYCLBLT Combo by a year. :wink:

Last edited:
Neither. Their earlier albums were much better. Give me Blood Sugar or Mother's Milk over those anyday.

Last edited:
I voted for Cali instantly....

Otherside, Parallel Universe, Around the world, scar tissue, road trippin, californication...all top songs

overall i prefer the 2 discs of SA to californication but i like mars better than jupiter, so my vote goes cali.

I Got Lost said:
Neither. Their earlier albums were much better. Give me Blood Sugar or Mother's Milk over those anyday.

I can understand taking BSSM over those two. BSSM is perfect in almost every way. But Mother's Milk?...not so sure. That one has some killer songs and some not so killer songs.

Magic Johnson, anyone? :|

Mother's Milk has some really awesome songs like Taste the Pain and Knock Me Down. I think the only song I would say is remotely bad on it is Magic Johnson. I think it's a very fun album overall. I'm just not all that big on the more recent stuff. It sounds like they're just trying to make a bunch of songs like Under the Bridge, Breaking the Girl, and Soul to Squeeze. Califonication is still pretty good, though, I guess.

GibsonGirl said:

Magic Johnson, anyone? :|

A much better basketball player than a song.

MBALL_C.jpg

I Got Lost said:
I'm just not all that big on the more recent stuff. It sounds like they're just trying to make a bunch of songs like Under the Bridge, Breaking the Girl, and Soul to Squeeze. Califonication is still pretty good, though, I guess.

They've lost a bit of their mojo, I'll admit, but their initial mojo-factor was through the roof. It's all relative. In terms of melodies, and such, I think they're much stronger now.

Back
Top Bottom