If you could live in any part of the World where would you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably Montreal....that or I may end up moving down the road to Dublin.

I think I've been lucky enough to travel to plenty of places, but I still love my hometown, Dar es Salaam the most.

It's true, there's no place like home.

australia rocks ! come visit when you can people . i want to tour around my own country a hell of a lot more, but if i could live anywhere else it would have to be ireland.

I love living right where I am.

Though, I did realise that I've been in love with london all my life, as soon as I stepped off the plane last year on my first visit. The other place I never realised I was in love with before is Paris. What a dirty, grotty, beautiful city. It stank, it never seemed to sleep, it hardly had daylight, it had rude people, and yet I loved every single second of being there. I loved it. Adored that gorgeous wonderful, city. :love:

But yeah, I like where I am bordered on one side by the mountains and the river on the other side.
:)

I love Southern California for the weather, altho I would move to San Clemente, the last town in orange county before San Diego.

Otherwise, Hawaii. Those people known how to enjoy life.

Devon, and i will someday, want to be somewhere quiet by the sea :)

Hi all by the way, i'm new here

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Either that, or in an old, haunted Victorian house, somewhere off the beaten path, in southern Louisiana.

Can I be your roommate? :wink:

In the US: Hawaii or South Carolina. Of course if Dream ends up with this lovely haunted house then with her :sexywink:

Out of the country: Ireland or Australia

Bonochick said:
I'd just stay where I am. I like it here.

this is honestly the best answer.

i hate this notion that the grass is greener on the other side. i've seen lots of places, but nothing can ever replace home.

i struggle with this a lot.

and it might seem hypocritical considering i've tried living in 3 different countries, and soon to be 4.

I'd never permenantly move away from Boston since I love it and New England so much, but I'd love to spend some extended time in Ireland, London, Prague, and Alaska among other places.

Britain. I love the USA, but I need a change in scenery, and hearing people bitch about different political issues would be nice. :happy:

Vincent Vega said:

I loved Melbourne, and it's so close to Tasmania. :drool:

Don't hear anyone saying they wanna go to the overated, hellhole that is Sydney, he he.

For me, it's inner city or bayside Melbourne, NYC, Boston, anywhere in France, Lonon, Manchester, Liverpool, Greenland.

I wasn't impressed by Sydney, that's right.
But that was probably because all the sights are so close together and the city is just overcrowded with people, and many of them tourists.

misterme2 said:
Devon, and i will someday, want to be somewhere quiet by the sea :)

:up: By the sea is where I want to be. The writer Kurt Vonnegut had a much better quote about being next to water, but I can't remember it exactly...something about "wherever I am, I have to be close to water"...I can definitely relate. Interesting how water can actually ground you, make you feel at home.

One of the Vonnegut quotes I can remember: "The universe is a big place...perhaps the biggest."

angelordevil said:

:up: By the sea is where I want to be. The writer Kurt Vonnegut had a much better quote about being next to water, but I can't remember it exactly...something about "wherever I am, I have to be close to water"...I can definitely relate. Interesting how water can actually ground you, make you feel at home.

One of the Vonnegut quotes I can remember: "The universe is a big place...perhaps the biggest."

I can definitely relate to that, but for me it's needing to be near an ocean specifically. I spend the first 22 years of my life in Chicago, but being near a lake wasn't quite enough. The weather (summer and winter) is also the worst I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

While Los Angeles isn't technically a coastal city, it's close enough to the ocean that I can easily be on the coast whenever I feel like it. Not to mention I'm close to the desert, the mountains, the forest, etc. I don't think most people realize the variety of landscape that's available to those living in Southern California. That's probably a big part of why I won't be moving any time soon.

And though it's not near the ocean, I probably love Paris more than any other city in the world, and could easily live there again for a time. Would definitely have to improve on my French though.

Back
Top Bottom