If You Could Be A Teenager In Any Decade...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
...which one would it be?

I would love to have been a teen in the 50's...I think I've watched too many episodes of Happy Days. I love the clothes, I love the music...I think I could have really gotten into all that.

I pick the 80s because I love 80s music. U2 is of course has a fairly large influence on this choice, it would have been great to have been old enough to appreciate the joshua tree when it originally came out (I was born in '82). Even if I wasn't a U2 fan I would still pick the 80s, they amuse me to no end.

The 80's!!! What other decade could you get away with blue eyshadow non plucked eyebrows and puffy skirts??

The 90's were so boring :slant:

I would say either the 80s for reasons that have already been mentioned or the late 60s/early 70s. Things just seemed so much more interesting back then- the 90s were boring in comparison.

oh god 50s or early sixties DEFINATELY!

so much was happening with music and film, and everything.i would have LOVED IT!!

ive wanted to as long as i can remember...i think it was Michael Jacksons Smooth Criminal video that maybe started it....

:heart: :heart: 50s:heart: :heart:

60's/70's

tacos.gif

I'd have to say the 70's. I was a kid in the 70's and REALLY wished I was a teenager...the clothes seemed really cool and the music was great. Things were a lot simpler then too.

I became a teenager in 1980 and other than discovering U2, I didn't like much about that decade. The clothes were really ugly and most of the music was crap. It seemed like things got really complicated and confusing in the 80's...I'd pass on doing it over again.

Sixties, mainly because of The Beatles. I'd also like to be one of the "Children Of The Revolution"... :D

anna

I'm going to cheat. First, I'd love to have been a teenager from the late 60s...I've always been into the whole psychedelic era.

My second choice would be in the late 70s, especially in NYC. I'd love to have been a part of the whole punk/art scene, and seen Talking Heads, the Ramones, Blondie, The Clash etc...

I was a teenager in the 1980s but I would have loved to have been a teen in the 1960s because overall it was a much more interesting decade as far as the youth culture and the music. But then again I wouldn't trade being a teen in the 1980s for anything, because of U2. It was something special to be coming of age at the time they released The Joshua Tree. I know it's a cliche, but the album really did change my life.

almost certainly 80's..that decade alone to have seen The Smiths live!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom