Idlewild Warnings/Promises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I shall return tomorrow when I have time to elaborate. For now, here was my set..

I Want a Warning
Little Discourage
A Modern Way of Letting Go
Welcome Home
Love Steals Us From Loneliness
These Wooden Ideas
I Understand it
Blame it on the Obvious Ways
I'm a Message
El Capitan
American English
The Space Between All Things
When I Argue I See Shapes
Live in a Hiding Place
The Bronze Medal
Roseability
You Held the World in Your Arms
---
Not Just Sometimes But Always
I Wanna Be Sedated
A Film for the Future

Oh and the solo in 'The Space Between All Things' went..

oh..

lets say..

about ten minutes? 5 of which was Allan going at it, with Rod on rythym, before roles reversed for the last 5.

Edit - I'll add Gavin also had a hand, with a bit of a Bass solo.

Last edited:
Ok, that would have been a freaking awesome show. Consider me insanely jealous. I Wanna Be Sedated? Nice.

PS - I noticed they seemd to stick to the rockers from the new album also......

I don't know all the songs from the new album, but that setlist looks pretty dang nice. :up:

Palace_Hero said:
Oh and the solo in 'The Space Between All Things' went..

oh..

lets say..

about ten minutes? 5 of which was Allan going at it, with Rod on rythym, before roles reversed for the last 5.

Edit - I'll add Gavin also had a hand, with a bit of a Bass solo.

they did that when I saw them in Aberdeen 'bout a month ago. Was a great gig, and we met Colin(the drummer) in the shopping centre beforehand when I was meeting my sis after her work. The place was deserted, so we said hello, and he started showing us what he'd just bought his mum for her b'day. lovely bloke.:D

from the idlewild website:

Idlewild to support U2 on UK Tour!

(sorry if this was on the main page of interference and i missed it) but i for one would have a fun night if i saw idlewild open for u2.

DiGi said:
from the idlewild website:

Idlewild to support U2 on UK Tour!

(sorry if this was on the main page of interference and i missed it) but i for one would have a fun night if i saw idlewild open for u2.

Yeah, it was on the main page. I also added negative comments comparing the large amount of fantastic openers for the Europe shows to the US "opener". :angry:

Anyways, I'd kill to see Idlewild in the first place. Idlewild with U2? What's worse than killing? I'd do it.

Megan and I are seeing the London show the night BEFORE that one. :( Awful. We get Doves (yay!) but would rather have Idlewild for sure... ah, well! Starsailor are playing some opening dates as well...

jkayet said:
Megan and I are seeing the London show the night BEFORE that one. :( Awful. We get Doves (yay!) but would rather have Idlewild for sure... ah, well! Starsailor are playing some opening dates as well...

Wow. I endured Kings of Leon 4 times. Idlewild, Doves, Starsailor...I can't bear it. :scream:

"Endured" is a nice way to put it. :wink:

There isn't one European opening act I wouldn't have rather seen in place of Kings of Leon. Actually, there isn't one that I wouldn't pay money to see by themselves, let alone opening for U2. :sad:

Looks like tour dates are going to start being announced soon. Looks like fall in the US for Idlewild. This makes me very happy.

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/search...om=Today&Date_To=06-30-2007&By=Artist&PSKey=Y

and U2popmofo this one looks like it might just be for you:
http://www.tickets.com/browseother.cgi?minpid=5568571

Tue, 6th Sept - Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA.
Wed, 7th Sept - Irving Plaza, New York, NY.
Fri, 9th Sept - Theatre Of Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA.
Sat, 24th Sept -The Bottleneck, Lawrence, KS.
Wed, 28th Sept - The Velvet Room, Salt Lake City, UT.
Wed, 5th Oct - Slim's, San Francisco, CA.
Fri, 7th Oct - El Rey Theatre, Los Angeles, CA.
Sat, 8th Oct - The Casbah, San Diego, CA.

Yes, I saw that listed on a local "concert" website this last weekend. I wasnt sure if it was legit yet, because I hadnt seen any tour info anywhere! I'm REALLY hoping it's legit, I've still NEVER seen Idlewild! Honestly, I'm dying to see them.

By the way, I think 'Warnings/Promises' get's released in the States mid August!

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/search...om=Today&Date_To=07-15-2007&By=Artist&PSKey=Y

Fri 08/05/05 London, UK Somerset House
Tue 09/06/05 Boston, MA Paradise Club
Wed 09/07/05 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Fri 09/09/05 Philadelphia, PA Theatre Of Living Arts
Sat 09/10/05 Baltimore, MD Funk Box
Sun 09/11/05 Washington, DC Black Cat
Thu 09/15/05 New Orleans, LA TwiRoPa
Fri 09/16/05 Houston, TX Fat Cat's (formerly Mary Jane's)
Sat 09/17/05 Austin, TX The Parish
Sat 09/24/05 Lawrence, KS The Bottleneck
Tue 09/27/05 Denver, CO Hi-Dive
Wed 09/28/05 Salt Lake City, UT Shaggy's
Fri 09/30/05 Seattle, WA Neumo's
Sat 10/01/05 Portland, OR Dante's
Wed 10/05/05 San Francisco, CA Slim's
Fri 10/07/05 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre
Sat 10/08/05 San Diego, CA The Casbah

HeartlandGirl said:
The SLC date is in the middle of the week. :sad:

Dont worry, I'm sure you'll get many a phone call from me during a variety of songs. :wink:

Get this though, everyone. Idlewild, Franz Ferdinand, and the Bouncing Souls are ALL playing on that same day (Wed., Sept 28) in SLC. It sucks so bad, I'd kill to see them all but I have to choose between them. Idlewild it is.

Guess who laid down $20 for it today?

Anyway, to be very honest, so far only 'Love Steals' grabs me by the throat, but I'm going to give this one a bit of time because I like bits and pieces of the other tunes here and there.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Guess who laid down $20 for it today?

Anyway, to be very honest, so far only 'Love Steals' grabs me by the throat, but I'm going to give this one a bit of time because I like bits and pieces of the other tunes here and there.

Dont sweat it, I almost hated it the first few times I listened to it (see some of my past comments). Somehow it's really worn on me after a few months and I'm enjoying it quite a bit now.

I like how they did a throwback on some of the rocking songs to their early noise pop-esque work.

Oh, man...I REALLY want to buy it...but I think I'm gonna have to hold off for a few weeks or so. :(

:angry:

Back
Top Bottom