Idlewild Warnings/Promises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's so rocking, I love it. Great lyrics too (no surprise there!)

Can't wait for a higher quality recording of it. Crap, I CANNOT wait for the new album!

could someone please send me it, too?

edgeDKM [at] gmail.com

:sigh: it will take years to download on this computer (ok, hours, but they'll feel like years), but it looks worth it, being idlewild and all :hyper:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I didn't like the song because I couldn't hear it clearly enough

so please send me an mp3 so that I can appreciate it better.

theatrefullofsadness@gmail.com
Yertle...i love your email, as you can probably tell from my sig :)

DiGi, I actually don't have a copy of this...just heard the song online...do you mind sending me a link as well whenever you get a chance? Thanks! :)

The music video is up on Idlewild's site.
http://idlewild.co.uk/idlewild.html

Scroll down a little and you'll find it. I forgot it was there and never posted about it. Video isnt bad, isnt great. Then again, I spent too much time singing along to really watch it that intently.....

Email I got-

"Exciting news - Idlewild have just announced a full electric 21 date tour around the UK in April and May this year.

Tickets will go on sale on Friday 28th Jan but, as a priviliged member of the Idlewild fanbase, you
will have the opportunity to exclusively preorder your tickets - we'll keep you posted.

Confirmed dates are below:

April

Tues 05 - Newcastle Northumbria University
Weds 06 - Liverpool Royal Court
Thurs 07 - Southampton Guildhall
Fri 08 - Reading Hexagon
Sun 10 - Bristol Carling Academy
Mon 11 - Brighton Dome
Wed 13 - London Shepherds Bush Empire
Fri 15 - Folkstone Leas Cliffe Hall
Sun 17 - Nottingham Rock City
Mon 18 - Cambridge Corn Exchange
Tues 19 - Norwich UEA
Thurs 21 - Sheffield Octagon
Fri 22 - Stoke Victoria Hall
Sat 23 - Manchester Academy
Sun 24 - Birmingham Carling Academy
Tues 26 - Leeds University
Weds 27 - Dublin Ambassador
Fri 29 - Belfast Mandela Hall

May

Sun 01 - Aberdeen Music Hall
Mon 02 - Glasgow Barrowland
Tues 03 - Edinburgh Usher Hall"

This presale went well....
I got my tickets for Aberdeen, can't wait.

Also -
"Diary entry #109
(Roddy Woomble -vocals)
31/01/05

So as we put away the real ale, candles, violins and hearty folk singer laughs for the time being, I have to say in all honesty, that I don't think I've ever enjoyed a tour as much as I enjoyed last week's short run of acoustic concerts.
We've been playing like that for our own enjoyment for years, so it was heartening indeed to finally play it on a stage, and for the audience to react the way that they did. So, thanks, and for those who didn't get a ticket, we're planning on doing it again later in the year, in some unusual spots. All I'll say is, I hope it don't rain and bring a straw hat.

Must also mention and praise Jenny Reeve for all her help and along with Foxface for stellar opening sets. Modern Scottish folk music at it's finest.

So now it is back to plugging into amplifiers and dusting off the distortion pedals. Not too much though. This is going to be quite a different tour.
Sons and Daughters are opening. They're one of my favourite Scottish bands. It's going to be a good night.

By now I'm sure a lot of you have heard the new single and seen the new video. All I'll say about it is that the flat where the video was filmed was owned by an old woman who used to travel with the circus and painted huge pictures of clowns, and that I'll never again consent to getting my hair brushed.
The song itself is the most immediate from 'Warnings/Promises'. It's a record you'll have to spend some time with. Roll on March 7th.......

'they have all gone away
the house is set and still
there is nothing more to say'

idlewild are listening to........

Belle and Sebastian 'Tiger milk'
Ray Lamontagne 'Trouble'
Karen Dalton 'It's so hard to tell who's going to love you the best'
Low 'The great destroyer'
Bob Dylan 'Infidels'
Johann Jorgensun
Boards of Canada
The Constantines 'Shine a light'
Bert Jansch
Reeve - demos
Ghostface Killah
Foxface "

I'm going to the Norwich date!! :hyper:

I wish I could see them in Cambridge too, but tickets are too much to justify buying two and then negotiating trains to and from Cambridge.

DrMusk said:
slowly recieving the album via DiGi .... so far I dig

You rascals. I'm going to hold out.

Is it actually going to be released in the US in March, or are we giong to have to import it?

u2popmofo said:

You rascals. I'm going to hold out.

Is it actually going to be released in the US in March, or are we giong to have to import it?

i have decided i will pass on to my brother, then delete the files and not listen at all. I did listen to two songs, which i like.

i am considering importing. not sure yet.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this. They've really grown on me. Great lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom