ICDE Vol 5: The Official Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so umm... since i seem to be the relative newbie here, are we making a mix that we think the other person will be into, or we making a mix that we like, in the hopes of introducing that person to some new music?

sorry, i've never done this before :reject:

yertle-the-turtle said:
hey sharky,

no i didn't get your original email. sorry. i'd love to include you but unfortunately all the emails have been sent and stuff.

really sorry. :(

No prob. Will just withhold my awesome mix from everyone's ears until next time. :)

lmjhitman said:
so umm... since i seem to be the relative newbie here, are we making a mix that we think the other person will be into, or we making a mix that we like, in the hopes of introducing that person to some new music?

sorry, i've never done this before :reject:

that's being left at your discretion

Yikes! some of you are quick! I guess I better get moving on mine. :yikes:

i had a slow 4 hour shift at work with nothing to do, so i made mix lists. :nerd:

I'm still working on mine and still intimidated by itsr recipients. :uhoh: I finished round 1 and wasn't happy with it so I'm tweaking it.

MrBrau1 said:
I've had mine done for a week, and been listening to them, to ensure quality.:wink:

That's what I do, too. Flow is important. Must flow well and repeated listenings reveals flow issues.

I'm still in the process of putting mine together. Doesn't help that I've got people with more eclectic tastes than me. I think I've got a decent group of songs, now I just need to get the order down...

I made two -- one I like (enough to make a copy to keep for myself), but the other one has issues. I like all the songs on it, but not sure it flows as well. On the second one I had too much to choose from, and although I've already changed the order once I'm not sure it's quite there yet. I may just have to break down and pick some different songs and try again on the second one. :grumpy: :shrug:

I made mine and mailed it yesterday simply because I knew I would be too busy for the next week or two to devote much time to it (work issues, family coming to visit for Memorial Day weekend, etc.) Then as soon as I put it in the mailbox I thought of songs that I would have liked to have put on it but didn't. :mad:

joyfulgirl said:
I'm still working on mine and still intimidated by itsr recipients. :uhoh:

Talk about being intimidated... the very first mix I ever made was sent to my favorite singer! I was so stressed. (A group of fans shipped off a box of gifts as a thank you to him after their last tour. Mix cds from 7-8 people were included.) He even mentioned the cd and a couple of songs on it in an interview. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy! :D

Last time I did this we put our tracklistings in an envelope, and it wasn't to be opened until the CD was listened to once. It was kinda neat.

I just got home from vacation, so I obviously haven't done mine yet. And I will be in Brussels for probably the rest of the week, so hopefully I have enough time during the weekend. I have some themes (and possible songs) in my head, now I just need the time to complete it.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. MVD: Tracklist please!

Tracklisting for JessicaAnn's ICDE Vol 5 mix:

1. Just Like Heaven/ The Cure
2. Let Your Trouble Roll By / Carbon Leaf
3. Let It In / spanglemaker
4. Besotted / Shawn Brown
5. Please Don't Let This Be / spanglemaker
6. Camomile / Luka Bloom
7. Generous / spanglemaker
8. Grey Sky Eyes / Carbon Leaf
9. Tupelo Honey/ Van Morrison
10. Make You Feel My Love / Luke Bloom
11. Exploring the Blue / Luka Bloom
12. Collide / Howie Day
13. The Sea / Carbon Leaf

I have to say I am really happy that she sent me music by artist that I have never heard of before. :up:

MrBrau1 said:
Last time I did this we put our tracklistings in an envelope, and it wasn't to be opened until the CD was listened to once. It was kinda neat.

Good Idea. Whenever I make mixes I want people to listen tracks unseen, even though I know if I was listening to a mix I'd want to know the track names. It's a good test of patience.
I just got back from vacation and am working on one of my mixes now.

I have my mixlist completed and will be mailing CDs later this week. :hyper:

One person on my list has had me before, but I won't ruin the surprise. :wink:

haCHA! I r finished my mixes. just gotta burn 'em get tracklistings and whatnot and mail them out.

I really love 'em, so I pray the targets do as well :)

i'll mail them as soon as i can get to the post office. anyone want to give me a ride? :wink: (should be monday, though, i'm hoping i can get my bike fixed this weekend).

just as a warning to the people getting mixed from me, i'm really sorry that my printer died. if you can't read my handwriting, just yell at me if you can't read something :reject:

Back
Top Bottom