I Wouldn't Wanna Meet Jack White In A Dark Alley...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Owwwww...

339489%3B923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3DXROQDF%3E23234835%3B63%3C3ot1lsi

Police are investigating a fight at a Detroit music venue involving the lead singers of the White Stripes and Von Bondies.

The fight between Jack White of the White Stripes and Jason Stollsteimer of the Von Bondies broke out Saturday night at the Majestic Theatre Center, police said.

Stollsteimer, 25, told police that White punched him seven times in the face. Police said Stollsteimer's right eye was bruised and swollen, and he was bleeding from his nose. He was treated and released from a Detroit hospital.

Prosecutor Marcus Connor said his office is awaiting results of the police investigation before deciding whether charges should be filed.

White, 28, told police he struck Stollsteimer in self defense. Stollsteimer's manager, Rick Canny, said "this was not a fight, this was an attack."

White's Spokeswoman Alison Zero declined comment Monday. White is the lead vocalist, songwriter and guitar player for the White Stripes, a two-piece rock band based in Detroit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As previously reported on NME.COM both were at the launch party of Blanche?s new album at Detroit's Magic Stick venue (December 13).

According to local police Jack and Jason were involved in an argument that came to blows.

As a result of the fracas Stollsteimer was treated for facial injuries at the local Detroit Receiving Hospital, while White had minor injuries to his hand.

The Von Bondies ' management have issued a statement to the American press, which claims Stollsteimer was "violently attacked" in the club "without warning or provocation". Management also issued this picture to NME.COM, which they say were taken shortly after the alleged incident.

MTV news reports Jack has also filed a complaint saying he was acting in self-defence. Police will decide by the end of the week if any of the allegations will result in criminal charges.

A UK spokesperson for The White Stripes is unwilling to comment.

Heh--I was going to post this yesterday

P.S. His hand is much better now...I saw them give the best show I've seen them do a few weeks ago:sexywink:

CampbellMSU said:
new york? the bronx? please.

supposedly the feud started over the von bondies not giving jack white enough production credits on their last album.

Name 3 fake musical bullies from the Bronx?

Name 3 fake musical bullies from Detroit: Kid Rock, Eminem, Jack White. Done and done.

What a ghastly photo and incident.ewwwwwwww

I once met the singer who played Bono's role in one of the Australian U2 tribute bands in a dark alley. I'm pleased to say he didn't hit me.

It's all smoke and mirrors... why that's not even a real person at all. Simply, the above photo is the newest police rendering on possible modifications Michael Jackson has undergone, whilst living in his unmarked spider hole.

:up:

brutalized yes?

Last edited:
so does the von bondies guy just suck at fighting back, or does jack white look pretty much the same?

I watched that tonight too...I've seen this one soooo many times.

"and thus ruining the very pants I was about to return!"....

White Stripes singer charged with aggravated assault

Monday, December 22, 2003 Posted: 12:40 PM EST (1740 GMT)

DETROIT, Michigan (AP) -- White Stripes lead singer Jack White was charged Monday with aggravated assault after a fight with the lead singer of another band.

White went to a police precinct early Sunday morning and gave a statement saying he struck Von Bondies lead singer Jason Stollsteimer in self defense.

The December 13 fight between White and Stollsteimer began shortly before midnight at the Majestic Theatre Center, where both men were in the audience for another concert.

Stollsteimer, 25, told police that White had punched him seven times in the face. Police said Stollsteimer's right eye was bruised and swollen and he was bleeding from his nose. He was taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital, where he was treated and released.

White, 28, faces anywhere from no jail time to a maximum of one year in prison if convicted.

Wayne County Prosecutor Mike Duggan said Monday that the two had an ongoing disagreement that began after Stollsteimer criticized White's role in producing the Von Bondies' first album.

"It seems that far too often celebrities think that the law does not apply to them," Duggan said at a Monday news conference.

Jack White and Meg White make up the White Stripes. They're nominated together for three Grammy Awards: album of the year and alternative music album for "Elephant," and best rock performance by a duo or group with vocal for "Seven Nation Army." The song also earned Jack White a solo nomination for best rock song.

White also has a small role as a singer in the film "Cold Mountain," starring Nicole Kidman, Jude Law and Renee Zellweger, which opens Christmas Day.

Bonochick said:
"It seems that far too often celebrities think that the law does not apply to them," Duggan said at a Monday news conference.

True, but celebrities also get away from serious punishment in this country as well (in most cases). Come on, OJ got away with murder. Fuck that.

Back
Top Bottom