I Won!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
not the "Splendour In the Grass "competition....that's next week!

I just got Thursday's local paper, the one with the gig guide. I won the new Radiohead CD.
do a little :dance: make a little wooooooooohoooooooo:)
I still really enjoy the tape I made of it from JJJ, when they first played it on the radio, it's so uniquely Australian, but it will be nice to listen to CD quality and not have to change sides.

I tell you what though...I'd gladly give it back or exchange it for the news that my new great-nephew Elijah is doing fine.

But I'm thankful...once again.
You've got to be in it to win it

speaking of which.....
Grafton has has the biggest country horse racing carnival in Australia each July. The prize money is up to three quarters of a million dollars this year. I just read in the paper that Gai Waterhouse is entering one of her mares. I admire Gai and if I am going to have a bet I like to put it on a mare. She has booked one of our top local jockeys Chris Munce for the ride. The horse's name is Libidinous...so I think it's all a good omen. I might splash out and gamble....!wow! $5:D
Go the Girls:up:

Wow Cass! Congrats! :)

You know...I think I might put a little $5 on this Gai horse as well....:D She's an interesting character, lol and Chris Munce is a great jockey :D

thanks musiclovers i was rather chuffed

although I think I received a better reward/prize yestedray afternoon.. My youngest son( Year 9 highschool student) brought home a very good half yearly report. He came 2nd in English, 6th in music( he's self-taught) 8th in Science, 6th in history/geography. He has a lot of potential that one. And comments like "understanding and appreciation" "active interest" "co operative student, a pleasure to have in the class" " a well-mannered young man"...it warms my old motherheart it does:wink: "young man" is right alright...he has grown so much in the past six months and he comes out with the darnedsest things...constantly
And I saw a big bunch of jonquils for sale outside a florist yesterday :heart: perfect for July 6:heart:

...." sometimes I think my baby
is a wise old man ,
he helps me understand,
my little friend.
And I am starting to understand the meaning
of love..." Archie Roach

We have a nice tradition here in the Netherlands. If we had a good report from school, we visit our neighbours, grandparents, uncles ect, to show our schoolreport. If they thought that it was a good report, we did get some money for it,...

....and i was poor and did not see my family when i was young.

BTW, that was for elementry school ( hmmm, basic school when i translate it direct from dutch )

Good work, you youngest son.

aww rono...**cass gives Rono some shiny new Australian $1 coins**( hub had a win on the poker machines the other night, a little win, but fun)
I am glad words of praise are enough in Oz, it could get expensive.

My latest finger-crossing project ( other than the 15 million dollar lottery) is at the local bookshop. Each week they give away a book that they review. This week it is "Gangs of New York"
x x x x x x x x x x x. I'd quite like to win that.
It is a tiny independent book shop. The woman just won an award that only big chainstore bookshops in the city have previously won. She decorated her window using Pink Floyd's, "Another Brick in the Wall" as a theme. She used bricks as school students, the teacher was a plank:lmao: and lyrics from the song :up:

go the little guys

Back
Top Bottom