I will admit that I cried my eyes out in these movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CTU2fan said:
[BInteresting that more people were put off by the guy/guy action in Brokeback than the ass-raping scene in Deliverance. Not picking at anyone, just an observation.

what do anal rape and homosexuality have to do with one another?

beau2ifulday said:
Artificial Intelligence made me cry worse than I think I've ever cried in my life.

Oh, yeah. Seriously, that was a tearjerker! But I was more sad for Teddy at the end than for David. I mean (unless I COMPLETELY missed the point) at the end of the film, David basically did to Teddy the very same thing that we were supposed to feel sad about everyone doing to David throught the entire film.

What kind of message is that?

Not only that, but he screws-over Teddy, all for a person that screwed him over!

Ok now I'm just mad :madspit:, not sad :sad: !

(I do realize that the film was more intricate than my oversimplified synopsis, and I actually do love it for its many complex themes and suppositions.)

Last edited:
CTU2fan said:

Oh and Extreme Home Makeover? My wife cries in every episode.

Funny, I just told my wife I cannot watch this show b/c it makes me cry way to often. It's just their reactions. I dunno. Don't ask...

Movies:
I'm glad someone else mentioned this one. I know I'm not alone now...
Gladiator
Schindler's List
Green Mile
I am Sam
The Passion of the Christ
Forrest Gump
U2 Boston DVD 40 into the Streets intro...every time

Yes, I'm a guy so:
Rudy
Field of Dreams
Michael Jordan to the Max(IMAX in Chicago) :lol:

And real life drama:
Chris Webber's infamous Time Out
Chicago Cubs collapse 2003
Michael Jordan's game winner vs. Utah Jazz.

I've zipped through most of the posts and maybe I'm wrong but why hasn't anyone mentioned American Beauty???
Or for that matter In America???
Or Cinema Paradiso???
Or Avalon???
Or A Trip To Bountiful???
C'mon people.

I liked American Beauty, but it certainly didn't move me enough to cry.

In America ... holy crap, I bawled at the end of that.

I made it through The Joy Luck Club believing I had mastered my emotions ... until the last scene, when it hit me, and I cried for about an hour.

Back
Top Bottom