I went on a Bruce Springsteen Uber-binge today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Actually, it lasted this whole weekend....

Friday, I bought the Live 75-85 box set for 30 bucks.

Today, while shopping, I bought The River, Human Touch, Lucky Town, and 18 Tracks.

Then tonight I went out and bought Born in the USA, completing my collection of Bruce studio albums. I am now only missing Plugged, which I will buy eventually if only for "Red Headed Woman", and the full version of Tracks.

So I spent a total of about 98 dollars on Bruce this weekend... my collection of Bruce stuff, however, will never equal that of U2, simply because there are sooooo many U2 singles.

Money spent on Bruce is money well spent. :up:

I would also recommend you get the Live in New York City 2-CD set sometime if you don't already have it.

Last edited:
Bono's shades said:
Money spent on Bruce is money well spent. :up:

I would also recommend you get the Live in New York City 2-CD set sometime if you don't already have it.

Alas, I do have it, along with the DVD. My collection as of tonight:

Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle
Born to Run
Darkness on the Edge of Town
The River
Nebraska
Born in the USA
Live 1975-1985
Tunnel of Love
Human Touch
Lucky Town
Greatest Hits
The Ghost of Tom Joad
18 Tracks
Live in NYC
The Rising

and a live bootleg from last summer in Asbury Park

Last edited:
UnforgettableLemon said:
Then tonight I went out and bought Born in the USA, completing my collection of Bruce studio albums. I am now only missing Plugged, which I will buy eventually if only for "Red Headed Woman", and the full version of Tracks.

You should get Plugged quickly. I really like that live album. It has a good selection of HT/LT tracks. Red Headed Woman is a nice, funny song. But the standout track on that disc (for me) is Light Of Day. Man, does that song rock!
Oh, and the version of Atlantic City on that one is very cool too (better than the version on LINYC, IMHO).

My collection of official studio albums is much smaller at the moment. I only have Lucky Town, Greatest Hits, The Ghost Of Tom Joad, Tracks (you can buy that one cheap here in the Netherlands, only 25 euro's!) and The Rising and the three official live albums/sets (Live 1975-1985, Plugged & Live In New York City). Plus, I have about 8-10 bootlegs (and I got a VCD of his concert from 8 May in Rotterdam in the mail last Saturday, great stuff!).

As said before me: Money spent on Bruce is money well spent :up:

C ya!

Marty

martha said:
Marty!

Go, RIGHT NOW, and get Nebraska and Darkness on the Edge of Town and Born in the USA and The River. In that order. Go on. We'll wait.

What? No Born To Run on your list? :eyebrow: BTW, I do own BITUSA on an original cassette (my father brought that one from his trip to Canada in 1985, plus the A-team van! :hyper: ) :D.
Actually, about 2 weeks ago I was tempted to buy Nebraska, but my mind was strong enough not to buy CD's again. Besides, I have enough Bruce I have to listen to for the moment (about 3 or 4 live concerts from 1975-2003).

But thanks about the good advice. :hug:

C ya!

Marty

edit: P.S. Shops are closed now, it's 18:50 here

Last edited:
martha said:

Eh. It's got BTR and She's the One. That's it. It's not my fave.

I know; I'm going to Bruce Hell for saying that.

Nah, not in my universe. Thunder Road is good too. But I don't get Jungleland (yet). I don't know why, I just don't get it (although I appreciate it now more than a few weeks ago). She's The One is a great track and Born To Run? As one person said in Uncut magazine (which listed the 40 greatest Bruce songs): "It's fucking Born To Run!" And that's all that needs to be said.

Oh, Backstreets is also great live (especially on the 1978 Darkness... tour).

C ya!

Marty

i had a wierd dream that i was at a bruce concert...a bunch of interferencers were there, interferencers who i've never even seen pictures of...cujo was really tall

yeah, it was wierd..:shifty:

i agree with that money spent...comment. very true. i'm not even sure why i'm listing the sad pathetic collection i have, especially because all my bruce stuff is burned cds or copied to cassette tapes :reject: my mom owns a copy of the rising so i burned a copy of that for myself and i've copied the rest of the stuff from the campus radio station or the town library :reject: (born in the usa, born to run, greetings from asbury park, lucky town, live 75-85)

and i don't have darkness at the edge of town yet

sorry headache, i'm a bad monster

I havent fully grasped this so called "English" thing yet. 25 years experience is not enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom