i was a bit disappointed when....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolhandlaura

Acrobat
*im not sure where this topic should be, feel free to move it*

......U2 didnt come home and play at the football team's homecoming....

They couldnt come home??where were they?? did they not go to a feckin concert in England last night or the night before?? see these are the things i dont know, so any answers?? just before i can confirm my disappointment!:|

umm, I guess they could have performed if they wanted to
but why would you expect them to ??

i just thought they would have. In Bill Flanagans book, you saw the reaction they had when we beat Italy, i just thought they were all really mad into football ESPECIALLY Larry and Adam.

I dont think they should have felt any obligation at all to play, but i just thought they would have WANTED to is all.

Don't you think that they would have stolen the whole show away from the real heroes there? I think they were better off having nondescript groups like Westlife and Six there, it kept everyone's attention on the soccer team.

I know im disgusted U2 slut around America and all these other places and don't bother coming here....actually when was the last time they bothered doin anyting in Ireland???

:madspit: I am really disappointed in U2 these days...they annoy me (maybe that should go in Zoo Confessionals) :silent:

LAURA!! yeah, HOW cute is he?? would you believe i only figured out how to upload it!! yes, i AM that computer illiterate!!

adams....Ireland could never....EVER...disappoint me. the team couldnt, or any of the players,..UNLESS YOUR NAMES ROY BLOODY KEANE and youre more loyal to your bloody foreign club than your own country.....so yes, u2 pissed me off!

thats a good point about the team being upstaged, but...a sorta obsessively read EVERYTHING about the Ireland team (DAMN YOU FAI:sad: and DAMN YOU LEEDS:sad: ) and one of the things i picked up is that an awful lot of em are MAD into u2!!

1-Damien Duff(read the interview in hotpress)
2 jason macca and a load of others.
3 and you know what song they sing in the dressing room before every match? With or Without you!what did Mick byrne say hed be killed for forgettin?the joshua tree!

so it would be more for the team...they would have loved it!

i just think its a disgrace they couldnt bother comin home to welcome home bigger heros than themselves.

phew laura, i was scared to post this in the first place, thank god you agree!v.disenchanted with u2 at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom