I think I have a new favourite band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe_leedsfc07

The Fly
I never thought I'd say that. Was at the Arcade Fire last night in the Olympia Theatre in Dublin last night and they were incredible. Never seen anything like it crowd was going crazy, band was going crazy(drummer clmbed along the balconies to the second floor and started playin from there).
Their new stuff was amazing too. Had goose bumps for entire concert

I was there too. Great show but the sound in the Circle (not the upper circle) wasn't great. I saw Ryan Adams from the upper circle in October and it was one of the best sounding gigs I'd ever seen, but Arcade Fire were hampered a bit by the sound. They didn't seem completely happy themselves as they kept pointing to turn it up or down. Still, although I haven't really listened to the new album that much, I remain to be convinced about it though last night I thought it sounded much stronger. Highlights for me were definitely the version of (Anti-Christ Television Blues) that ended the first encore - brilliant track, the segue between Power Out and Rebellion, the superb version of Haiti, and the sight of Regine drumming! Of the new stuff (apart from Anti-Christ), I thought Keep the Car Running and No Cars Go were particularly strong.

The crowd was amazing. A lot of people belted back every word of the new stuff. It really is no wonder that bands love coming to Dublin and to such a great intimate venue like the Olympia.

Back
Top Bottom