I SMELL a backlash....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmjhitman said:

this thread was started with the intention to incite people, specifically 'pretentious' radiohead fans - who clearly aren't taking the bait. so anyone who's looking for their daily outrage fix is going to have to find it another thread.

:up:

Exactly. If you want to get your Two Minute Hate fix out of this thread, it's not going to work.

lmjhitman said:

this thread was started with the intention to incite people, specifically 'pretentious' radiohead fans - who clearly aren't taking the bait. so anyone who's looking for their daily outrage fix is going to have to find it another thread.

I disagree on both accounts: 1. I don't think the originator of the thread started it to 'incite people.' 2. 'Pretensious RH fans' are certainly taking the bait!

:ohmy:

:wink:

lmjhitman said:

:cute:

i hope you noticed that the hyperbole extends both ways. i.e. there are plenty of 'u2 r geniouses'/'radiohead are crap' posts as well. and this is a U2 board, so it's pretty much a common point for all of us. the fact that many of us like u2 and radiohead pretty much makes comparisions inevitable, i would think. so maybe you should consider the context of these posts and take your own advice.

omfg!!!111 like great comeback and stuff!!!111

wordwars aside, i'm right and you know it.

and for the record, i play darts every Wednesday night and my sex life is great.

Last edited:
I would like to summarize the common arguments in this thread:

OMG, I hav an opinion!!!11!! My opinion is FACT dudes!!1!!! Your opinoins are teh suxxors!!11!!!! IDIOTS!!!!! STop arguin wit me, caus im RIGHT AND YOUR WRONGZ!@@22@@@!!!! Dudes, YOURE THE PRETENTIOUS ONES< NOT ME FOR BEING JUST AS PRETENTIOUs BOUt YOU!@!@111!!!! I cant cope wit teh facts that people might have differnt opinoinz@!@11!!!! Mine has to be right, it just has to!!!!!!!! I know, because my tastes are so good, and its the other peoples who are bad!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!! Music is not personal preference AT ALL, its MY prefernec,e and yor prefernece suxxorszz@@@@@!!!!!!1!!

Wow, you dont like something but someone else does like it. Welcome to life. Deal with it, your jackassed opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. Some of you people seem to have not even Thom Yorke's statement in the first place, or are trying to take it to mean what you want it to mean and not what he's blatantly saying.

I seriously want to slap many of you for this.....on the bottoms.

:confused:

Sorry, but I think some people are making the comments written earlier in this thread worse than they really were. :huh:

:rolleyes: I am now officially done with this thread due to excessive and annoying uses of !!! and @@@, bad spelling, and general disintegration of discussion.

I vote :lock:

Dalton said:

I would agree. For my money SIAM is only better than POE in the U2 catalogue, but that doesn't make the whole album crap. I would say that only Everything in its right place rivals Beautiful Day in brilliance...

And besides Myxamatosis, I think most of Hut Dab is better than HTTT.

I think "there there" is better than all of HTDAAB..........but that's just me:wink:

There is not one song in HTDAAB as brilliant as "there there"

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:

I think "there there" is better than all of Kid A..........but that's just me:wink:

There is not one song in Amnesiac as brilliant as "there there"

Agreed.

"There There" is better than anything off Kid A or Amnesiac.

Sly Stallone said:
Fuck no :no: Knives Out pisses all over There There. But of course There There is a terrific song :up:

I like Pyramid Song and Like Spinning Plates. Do you like them, Sly?

xaviMF22 said:

I think "there there" is better than all of HTDAAB..........but that's just me:wink:

There is not one song in HTDAAB as brilliant as "there there"

They were smart to venture into U2's emotional terrain for that song. That choice gave us "There, There" and "The End Of the Beginning Of the Start Of The Final Initiation" from HTTT.

Zoomerang96 said:

atyclb and htdaab are blueprints for how to flush a toilet, and that's about it.

and radiohead aren't in their 40's.

are you even talking about the right band?

You know what happens when bands become middle-aged?

You know what their truth becomes?

It isn't fishbowl existential angst. Which has been their strength. There's no time for that anymore.

Wives, growing children, aging parents and your own mid-life crises begin to dominate your mind. RH are going to be no different.

Life gets more and more complicated. The desire to simplify becomes strong. Read between the lines of the original post that quotes Yorke about the pressure. What do you think he wants to do?

Seems like simplicity is their desire. Seems like U2 is the only band that has faced anywhere near the artistic pressure and demands that are thrust upon RH, in recent times. Seems obvious that they'd find influence from the greatest statement on simplicity of our time, ATYCLB.

So if you think only one guy in that band can see the art of a song like 'Stuck' then you'd be pretty damn ignorant, but we all know that's not you.

Last edited:
Layton said:

They were smart to venture into U2's emotional terrain for that song. That choice gave us "There, There" and "The End Of the Beginning Of the Start Of The Final Initiation" from HTTT.

I'm sorry but WTF?

U2's emotional terrain...where do you get stuff like that from:scratch: :eyebrow:

I've just started to get into RH over the past few days and I really like their mid-'90s work and tolerate the post-2000 stuff.

Thom Yorke just sounds whiny on the recent records, is that just me?

I remember readin that Thom Yorke's favorite song off of Kid A was Idioteque, which is weird considering almost every Kid A review that had come out in the past (when the album was released) called it the throwaway and I've never really seen it listed as a favorite song (always passed over) amongst Radiohead fans (maybe too catchy).

Either way, I feel bad that Radiohead has to kowtow to their fans' wishes and avoid convention and feign innovation.

xaviMF22 said:

U2's emotional terrain...where do you get stuff like that from:scratch: :eyebrow:

i think it's one of those things that leaks over from EYKIW.

i like idioteque, too. and how to disappear completely. so there...there?

Back
Top Bottom