i see DESCRIBE, i see Sam's Town. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^I was named after a character in a rather famous book...perhaps you've heard of it...it's called Gone with the Wind :wink:

and my mom once told me she almost named me Summer Renee....I may hate gone with the wind...i may hate being named after i guy....but i will ALWAYS take it over summer :yuck:

^ & ^^ Brittany! Is that you?!

^ Love that we posted about gone with the wind at the same time

^^ Brittany...what are you doing on teh comp so late :tsk:

^I refuse to ever watch that movie because of what it's done to me

no one said anything after me :(

Ok I've GOT to get some sleep...the last few days i've only gotten six hours but I get to sleep in tomorrow :dance:

^Yes! Score: Y as a vowel, 1. Chass, 0.

AEIOU and sometimes Y

edit: i just realized how big of a nerd i am when i was just tempted to put "you cant make it on your own" after sometimes :giggle:

Okay, so there's no letter U in the Greek alphabet. This immediately presents a problem. However, when directly translating names from other languages to Greek, the letter U is replaced by the letter V.
But, modern numerals as we know them did not exist. Roman numerals did, however exist. The number 2 in Roman Numerals is II.
Thus, U2 would've been VII, which is of course, 7. So the band would've been called 7. Maybe that's why Edge kept wearing those #7 shirts :wink:

Back
Top Bottom