I really don't like Kraft Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
Kraft Dinner, for those who don't know, is the only thing that Canadians eat. It is a putrid macaroni and cheese mix that you can do in the microwave or on a stove. Either way you do it, it's still an assault on your bowels. Only in times of extreme desperation (i.e. when your freezer is bare, i.e. right now) will Kraft Dinner - or KD as Canadians call it - ever be deemed an acceptable substitute for food.

They've tried to jazz KD up. Before, you just stuck the noodles in the microwave and added the revolting cheese mix once it was done. Now they've come out with all these new flavours that require additional preparation. I bought "Extra Creamy." They forced me to add margarine and milk and all sorts of other ungodly things. The recipe must have called for a shrunken head somewhere along the line. That's what it tastes like, at any rate.

kraftdinnerbox.jpg

As for that "Gotta Have KD" slogan? More like "Gotta Have A Bucket To Vomit Into When You Eat KD." :angry:

Am I still allowed to become a citizen of Canada?

We have that in the US, and it's gross here, too, at least it was the last time I had it. I used to buy junk like that when I first moved out on my own. It didn't take me long to realize that cooking couldn't possibly be that hard to learn!

That orange powdery stuff is a color not found in nature! :yuck:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Have you seen the commercial with the guys cooking it in a hot tub? Can you imagine the diseases they must get from that??? :no:

:sick:

Don't the slutty girls in the advert make a lame innuendo as well? "Nice noodles" or something?

Mmm, I just got to clean out the bowl I prepared the Kraft Dinner in. Filmy noodle residue mixed with bright orange cheese sauce clinging on to the bowl for dear life. :drool: Just think, that same stuff is clinging to the inside of my stomach. :happy:

I love it, but only in small doses. And I will not, under any circumstance, cook it in the microwave. Boiled to perfection. :up: ...With ketchup on top. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:
They've tried to jazz KD up. Before, you just stuck the noodles in the microwave and added the revolting cheese mix once it was done. Now they've come out with all these new flavours that require additional preparation. I bought "Extra Creamy." They forced me to add margarine and milk and all sorts of other ungodly things. The recipe must have called for a shrunken head somewhere along the line. That's what it tastes like, at any rate.

The fact that you were making it completely incorrectly might have something to do with it. :wink:

Re: Re: I really don't like Kraft Dinner

DaveC said:
The fact that you were making it completely incorrectly might have something to do with it. :wink:

Agreed.

I find it interesting to ask folks about their personal style of preparing kraft dinner... people get pretty defensive about it.

On a sidenote, the Kraft Macaroni n' Cheese that is sold in the States is vastly different from Kraft Dinner. There's no comparison.

I like Kraft Macaroni 'n Cheese spirals :drool: The spirals have more surface area for maximum cheese sauce adhesion. I like things super-salty, so I add in Lawry's salt, garlic powder, and some minced onion.

The microwaveable stuff has always sounded pretty nasty. I can't eat mac 'n cheese made w/ just water and not a little bit of milk and some margarine.

Re: Re: I really don't like Kraft Dinner

DaveC said:

I'm just following the directions on the box, okay. :angry:

Pinball Wizard said:

On a sidenote, the Kraft Macaroni n' Cheese that is sold in the States is vastly different from Kraft Dinner. There's no comparison.

wow, really?

it looks the same on the box.

what's different about it?

Re: Re: Re: I really don't like Kraft Dinner

Pinball Wizard said:

I find it interesting to ask folks about their personal style of preparing kraft dinner... people get pretty defensive about it.

That is sooo true!! If people are making it in front of you they have that "I dare you to challenge me about how I'm making it" look in their eye!!

I haven't had it in a long time, but sometimes I get a craving for it and only the white one will do :drool:

bonosgirl84 said:

wow, really?

it looks the same on the box.

what's different about it?

Our chocolate tastes very different too :shrug:
A lot of stuff that looks and is packaged the same tastes different.

If I had a million dollars
We wouldn't have to eat Kraft Dinner
But we would eat Kraft Dinner
Of course we would, we’d just eat more
And buy really expensive ketchups with it
That’s right, all the fanciest ke... dijon ketchups!
Mmmmmm, Mmmm-Hmmm

people eat ketchup with a cheese and pasta dish? :ohmy:
i hate pasta and very cheesy things so i don't think i could ever eat this anyway.

even if you can't cook it's very easy to get a big pack of stir fry veg, cook for a few minutes, add some noodles then throw in a sauce. delicious, healthy and won't clog up your arteries.

Muminki said:
people eat ketchup with a cheese and pasta dish? :ohmy:
i hate pasta and very cheesy things so i don't think i could ever eat this anyway.

even if you can't cook it's very easy to get a big pack of stir fry veg, cook for a few minutes, add some noodles then throw in a sauce. delicious, healthy and won't clog up your arteries.
Wow.
You think exactly like me. High five... or sympathy, whatever.

Re: Re: Re: I really don't like Kraft Dinner

GibsonGirl said:

I'm just following the directions on the box, okay. :angry:

Nope. You're always supposed to add milk and margarine. If you're making it with just water, it's no wonder it tastes awful. :barf:

And never, ever make regular KD in the microwave. It's always better on the stovetop.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I really don't like Kraft Dinner

DaveC said:

Nope. You're always supposed to add milk and margarine. If you're making it with just water, it's no wonder it tastes awful. :barf:

And never, ever make regular KD in the microwave. It's always better on the stovetop.

But I did make it with with the milk and margarine! It tasted like vomit mixed with cheese. :angry:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I really don't like Kraft Dinner

GibsonGirl said:

But I did make it with with the milk and margarine! It tasted like vomit mixed with cheese. :angry:

I'd gag on that more than Africa.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I really don't like Kraft Dinner

DaveC said:

Right, although my husband will NEVER eat it EVER. He can't stand it.

snowbunny00774 said:

Our chocolate tastes very different too :shrug:
A lot of stuff that looks and is packaged the same tastes different.

yeah, i get that.

i wasn't implying that i didn't believe that it tasted different.

i was just curious.

...and trying to strike up a "cheesy" conversation with cujo :sexywink:

KD looks like good food for kids who don't know any better. I suspect prison inmates receive better food though.

Carek1230 said:
KD is ok if you have no money for real food.

In other words, my present situation. :lol:

I just had instant oatmeal for supper. :|

Back
Top Bottom