I ordered the Strokes and Coldplay CDs via internet from the CD store...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
...can't wait to hear it! Will post my impressions here if you're interested.

I am getting the Strokes' Is This It soon too.. hopefully I'll like it as much as everyone else seems to ;) Coldplay's A Rush of Blood To The Head is just.. excellent. Really really good. I'm sure you'll like it. :) Have you heard Parachutes?

U2girl they are both great, Im sure you will love them both. :) I have listened to the coldplay album every day since I bought it. I like to play the Strokes in the car. :yes:

I can't stop listening to The Strokes. Or The White Stripes. I wish I would stop. But it's just all so exciting and fun. :dance:

Well the CDs arrived today...

(blargh, neither of them includes the lyrics...i hate not being 100% sure what the song says)

Coldplay: interesting, i must say i was expecting something closer sounding to Parachutes. I have a slight problem with Whisper, and kind of am undecided about Daylight, other than that i really like it!

:love: :heart: 2 words:

THE SCIENTIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A masterpiece IMO, haunting, and instantly addictive - i played it 4 times today. Most likely will end up being one of my top songs ever, gets me choked up everytime.

Also faves are Green eyes (was interesting to hear Chris belt "you're what i wanted to FIIIIIIIIND" - i was like "WHAT WAS THAT?!? WOO HOO!!!"), Warning sign, God put a smile on your face, and In my place.

Strokes: :D .... :dance: I can't remember ever hearing such fun&entertaining album, musically. Very enjoyable, and tap-your-feet-along: faves now are Last nite, Modern times and Sometimes, i liked everything except NY city cops and Soma.

Lyrics in the liner notes are nice... but only if they're quasi-accurate.

<cough>The Joshua Tree<cough>

<cough>POP<cough>

:D

To be honest, "A Whisper" is not one of my favorite songs on the album (which is like saying which is my least favorite Star Wars film - SW on a bad day is still better than most other movies). But if you were looking for U2-esque allusions to the Almighty, "A Whisper" is a good place to look: it seems like a conversation with God, who speaks in that "still, small voice" of 1 Kings 19:12.

Actually, the first SIX songs (including "Daylight") could possibly have to do with God, "from a certain point of view" (to rip off Obi-Wan Kenobi). I'm not at all certain that's intentional, but I love finding music that shines when approached from different angles.

Either way, I adore "Daylight," its Indian groove, and its slowly building ending that seems to coax the sun out from behind the horizon.

But BOTH of these songs get better if you do one simple thing: turn up the bass. :)

Bubba

While we're at it, Parachutes could have used some liner notes too...i mean, i don't know about US or English people, but for us others it can be pretty vague figuring out the actual words.

Back
Top Bottom